Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
If this doesn't scare you nothing will.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
Yes, I have been posting that one, and the Billig Debt Clock for the past six years, and it hasn't scared anyone. Well, not until the elecetions anyway. Trust me, when we have a Republican president again, they will not be afraid of it again. The far-right trusts and embrazes big government as long as it is in hands of the Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually the HC bill is designen to reduce it.
Just like social security was intended to pay for itself?

Adding social programs will never reduce cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
So when you were 19 where were you? Were you complaining about Bush's out of control spending?

If so, then bravo to you!!! What torques most non-Republicans is that during the Bush Administration you didn't hear d**k about reigning in out of control spending. Now, suddenly, they grow a fiscal conscience?

Forgive some of us for being skeptical.

I, for one, agree that spending needs to be reigned in big time. What I believe has been lost in the shuffle is that the current healthcare system is going to bankrupt the country..... My understanding is that this is the MAIN reason why healthcare reform was a priority.

Now I haven't crunched numbers or anything on this bill, but understand that there is going to be an initial cost for most ANY plan that is passed, but the long term goal should be to REDUCE healthcare costs for BOTH the government AND American citizens......

I know there was one independent study that DID state that the Baucus Bill WOULD actually decrease healthcare costs in the long run. I'm not sure if this is the same bill that the House passed or not though quite honestly.....

The Right has done a GREAT job of getting people to take their eyes off the ball in this fight... It's supposed to be the equivelent of doing scheduled maintenance on your car; Pay a fair amount of money now, to AVOID having to pay and arm and a leg later... The Right has everyone focusing on the initial cost.

I was first elegable to vote Bush's second election, and I voted third party (Constitution Party). For the last election I voted Liberatarian. I have never (and given the state of politics today) never will vote for a democrat or republican. They are different variations of the same problem. I have never supported Bush (and definately don't support Obama). I have had huge problems with our countries spending for as long as I was cabable of understanding politics at an adult level. We as a country as spending like an 18 year old with his first credit card - rack up the debt without worrying about paying more than the minimum.

It doesn't matter what services we would like the government to provide, our country simply can't afford anything right now.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Obama has been spending a lot of time travelling around the world apologizing for what Bush did.

That plus all the problems inherited that were caused by 8 years of the horrible Bush administration can´t be fixed in ten months.

Obama is not a dictator, 1 man can´t fix the economy. The U.S. economy is losing in the globalized world because the greedy and powerful US nationals who own companies outsource our jobs to China and India in order to save a few bucks.

Obama would have to Nuke the BRIC countries in order to avoid the deficit we have with them.

Brazil, Russia, india, and China are the emering economies. Just the Newly formed middle class of China is greater than the entire U.S. population. More Chinese buying cars and products, etc. All the major car manufacturers are establishing dealers in China..that´s the main car market now...not the U.S.

It is not Obama´s fault..they guy is not freaking Superman. All the countries can´t be rich at the same time. the wealth of the world is being redistributed...if newly industrialized countries become richer and richer...the U.S. will lose money and more money... it is a global market...similar to the one you have in your neighborhood..walmart vs target vs best buy.

Bush wasted all our money in that stupid wars. trillions of dollars that could have been invested in technology, education, health care, US companies, small businesses, etc.

Thank god we have Obama. McCain would have been the enda of the U.S..and the guy was not even an authentic American. mcCain was born in Panama and is a dual citizen by Panamian law.
Didnt Obama say the debt under Bush was bad

So when is it gong to become bad under Obama?

Its not Obamas fault hes spending like he is really

wake up

Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 AM

549 posts, read 1,664,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Didnt Obama say the debt under Bush was bad

So when is it gong to become bad under Obama?

Its not Obamas fault hes spending like he is really

wake up
At least he is spending in health care... my mother has a debt of $145,000 with the Jackson Memorial hospital...how the heck can she pay for that when she is just a secretary.

If Obama fixes the health care system that´d be enough for me. 60 million US citizens have no health insurance...and many more are struggling to make the payments. Our tax money was being spent on F22 raptors and missiles.

Look at the whitehouse agenda..

Health Care | The White House

Old 11-18-2009, 07:27 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
At least he is spending in health care... my mother has a debt of $145,000 with the Jackson Memorial hospital...how the heck can she pay for that when she is just a secretary.

If Obama fixes the health care system that´d be enough for me. 60 million US citizens have no health insurance...and many more are struggling to make the payments. Our tax money was being spent on F22 raptors and missiles.

Do you not get we cant afford for him to spend any more

I am sorry your mother has that debt I really am but its not fair for me to have to pay for it. Your mother might have to fiile bankruptcy. Its tough I know I've been without insurance and had to have surgery. Difference is I didnt think your mother should have to pay my bill

Lmbo @ 60 million without healthcare its insurance wrong there

WE CAN NOT KEEP SPENDING LIKE THIS

How are we going to pay this back

Old 11-18-2009, 07:28 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
60 million US citizens have no health insurance.
Hogwash. Totally false.

Quote:
my mother has a debt of $145,000 with the Jackson Memorial hospital
So...they provided her a service, helped her get well (hopefully) and now you don't want to pay them?

Old 11-18-2009, 07:31 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:

I owe a few thousand dollars on student loans, and still owe over $10,000 for my car. Should the government pay for that as well?

Or should I pay for it, because it is MY debt?

Old 11-18-2009, 07:31 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I feel so sorry for the young people who will suffer due to this excessive spending. At this rate, the United States will be a third world country.
Yes that unneccessarty $4 Trillion dollar Invasion of Iraq just about broke us.
The fact that that it was never even on the budget made it a big surprise.
Wages have been going down for a deccade as the rich stole 40% of the economy, much of America is third world and just doesn't know it

Old 11-18-2009, 07:33 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Why do you right wingers worry about any debt?
According to the right wingers we are living in the End Times. The Rapture is near! Jesus will return any day now. That means no future generations. No debt for future generations to pay.
The main thing is to "get right" with Jesus.
May God Ble$$ You!
The Rapture was last month, the good ones are gone

Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The money that Obama is spending is to CLEAN UP the mess left by Bush.

Always keep THAT in mind !!!
Keep trying to come up with anything to protect your precious one.

Anyone that believes that spending trillions will bring us out of debt has no grasp on economics and probably isn't smart enough to breathe on their own without someone reminding them.

As much as you lefties want to protect him, at some point you need to open your eyes to see that spending and spending and spending isn't going to do anything but put us into more and more and more debt.

You want to create jobs? The answer is NOT a $200 Billion bill (that they are now kicking around). Only an idiot would think that spending $200 billion, that you're getting from overtaxing those that create the jobs would actually create more jobs.

You want to get out of debt? STOP SPENDING!!! Period?

"but how will we support all the programs that are in place?"

You don't! Cut funding to all programs that aren't 100% necessary to the stability of this country. That's MOST of them.

Stop taxing the hell out of those that do the hiring. Stop forcing them to leave the shores and take employment with them. Make the USA a place that places WANT to do business again and this will stop the bleeding.

It's amazing the idiocy that is rampant in Congress (both parties) and the idiocy of the folks that just blindly support them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies