Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:26 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,540,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It's also in a rural area of Pennsylvania which is something I also discussed. This isn't happening in downtown Boston. Would you care to compare the number of these events on this forum occuring in the South vs Outside the South? I like your philosophy. Let's bash political correctness unless we are discussing an issue in the South.
People in downtown Boston don't have yards and logs to build crosses etc. In urban areas, racial tension takes the form of segregated neighborhoods and gang violence. Racism exists everywhere and doesn't fit into neat little packages.

Bigotry exists in various forms - not just race-based.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 02:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,449,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
So how does any of what you said relate to Tea Party participants? The Tea Party people are racists, the cross burners are racists....see the correlation? In your post along with the one I responded to snidely pointed fingers at them like they are inherent criminals. So I felt free to point out who the REAL inherent criminals are.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,946,753 times
Quote:
Yep it was someone from the tea party. oh lord, what is wrong with you people. Have you looked at the mug shots from Detroit? They are ALL wearing Obama shirts. Who are the real crminals?
Personal attacks are not tolerated on the board, however I don't consider it an attack to call a LIAR a LIAR.

So these are mugshots from Detroit?
Prove it !!

The pictures you posted came from the "Free Republic" the same publication that called the Obama's kids ghetto trash.

Show us how all those people are thugs from Detroit.

Sometimes grown men can act like silly ass kids!!

Old 11-18-2009, 06:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,669,497 times
I had a friend in school
Running back of the football team
They burned a cross in his front yard
For asking out the homecoming queen
I thought about him today
And everybody who seen what he seen
From a woman on a bus
To a man with a dream

Hey, wake up Martin Luther
Hey, glory, glory, hallelujah
Welcome to the future

well... maybe not!

YouTube - Brad Paisley - Welcome To The Future

Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,669,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
People in downtown Boston don't have yards and logs to build crosses etc. In urban areas, racial tension takes the form of segregated neighborhoods and gang violence. Racism exists everywhere and doesn't fit into neat little packages.

Bigotry exists in various forms - not just race-based.
Kill the evil like cockroaches I say!

Old 11-18-2009, 06:55 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,243,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Sometimes I wonder if some of these racially-motivated attacks aren't actual liberals trying to make conservatives look bad or feed into the conservative = racist image that liberals have been harping about. A long shot but it is possible with all this anti-conservative rhetoric I've been seeing.
It's a very long shot. Not impossible, but not what fits in with the attitudes in rural Pennsylvania. There's a surprisingly large number of KKK members in rural southeastern PA, and their favored overt method of expressing disapproval of nonwhites is cross burning. This is not to say that everyone in rural SE PA is racist, but that there are a lot who are, and have the membership to back it up.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:01 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,243,219 times
Quote:
I really like how the liberals automatically jump to the conclusion that this is racially motivated or it is definitely domestic terrorism without knowing anything about the people or person who did this. Meanwhile they screamed about Nasan being just a nut and we shouldn't jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts... How does anyone know that some kids didn't do this for a gag, a bad one at that, but it's possible.
Since you directly reference my previous comment about domestic terrorism, I will answer you. You may search my comments if you like, and you will find none referring to Hasan. I do not know his mental state nor his motivations, and have not followed the story enough to make any claims in any direction.

Terrorism is an act that is calculated to frighten (aka, terrorize) a certain group of people. In the case of Al Qaeda, they would like to frighten all Westerners, particularly Americans.

In the case of SE PA's KKK, they would like to frighten anyone who violates their ideal of the separation of the races. Cross burning is one way to accomplish this. It is frightening to have someone set a fire on your lawn. Will they burn down your house next time? It's been done.

I grew up in rural SE PA. There's KKK there, and there are a lot of them. People still tell n-word jokes - in public. This is really unlikely to be a simple prank.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:05 PM

900 posts, read 669,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And you guys wonder WHY we call YOU racists....we are talking about a family who had a cross burned on their lawn....in West Wheatfield, PA not random mugshots from Detroit.

But I guess that this is part of the typical Obama hatred tactics.
It is undeniable that there is a core group of racists who are among the most virulent of the Obama-haters. That is a simple fact that the Right would like to deny, but it's there.

And these people are dangerous.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:20 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,623,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Personal attacks are not tolerated on the board, however I don't consider it an attack to call a LIAR a LIAR.

So these are mugshots from Detroit?
Prove it !!

The pictures you posted came from the "Free Republic" the same publication that called the Obama's kids ghetto trash.

Show us how all those people are thugs from Detroit.

Sometimes grown men can act like silly ass kids!!
Even as a conservative I have to agree wholeheartedly with this. That publication can't be trusted as a source of actual infomation. It seems more like something geared toward a very uneducated population seg of republicans and IMHO should be viewed more of as sick form of entertainment by those who choose to do so.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:34 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,135,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WEST WHEATFIELD, Pa., Nov. 18 (UPI) -- Investigators said they were trying to identify the people who lit a cross on the front lawn of a white Pittsburgh-area couple with a black adopted son.

Joe and Mary Walbeck of West Wheatfield told WTAE-TV, Pittsburgh, the family was "hurt" by the cross-burning.

Cross burned at home of mixed-race family - UPI.com
"another great day in the greatest nation on god's green earth"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies