Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,515,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So the norm is acceptable?

Sorry i dont find that acceptable its shocking with the debt of this country anyone would attempt to make excuses for this.

Whoa back-up. Copy and paste where I stated this was acceptable or where i made an excuse. Actually my comment to your post was not combative at all, unfortunately it seems that you could not follow suit.

What I was indicating is that this is a known issue that every administration has encountered and ACCORDING to the article, due to the strict auditing practices that they've put into place due to the stimulas, they are catching more than anticipated. Folks are going to circumvent or attempt to circumvent and defraud the system no matter what or who the President is.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 11:14 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,303,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I agree that Yahoo news skewed it, not you. Maybe because govt waste grabs more attention than plans to fight it?Please highlight in my post my "excuses as to why our gov is wasting billions of dollars" and that I "claim to trust the gov".

People rob the govt, but you blame the govt.
That is probably because examples of waste are infinitely more common than successful examples of eliminating it.

Google it sometime or maybe read a newspaper.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,816,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Whoa back-up. Copy and paste where I stated this was acceptable or where i made an excuse. Actually my comment to your post was not combative at all, unfortunately it seems that you could not follow suit.

What I was indicating is that this is a known issue that every administration has encountered and ACCORDING to the article, due to the strict auditing practices that they've put into place due to the stimulas, they are catching more than anticipated. Folks are going to circumvent or attempt to circumvent and defraud the system no matter what or who the President is.
The last part of my post wasnt directed at you and I should have made that more clear but it does sound like you are making excuses.

It bothers me that democrats seems to be taking all this lightly. The spending /waste of the gov all forms.

It doesnt appear to cross peoples mind that maybe we need to go and clean things up so things like this isnt the norm. Before we start doing more things.

Heck if I wanted to waste my money I would use it for something productive in my own life.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:47 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,515,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The last part of my post wasnt directed at you and I should have made that more clear but it does sound like you are making excuses.

It bothers me that democrats seems to be taking all this lightly. The spending /waste of the gov all forms.

It doesnt appear to cross peoples mind that maybe we need to go and clean things up so things like this isnt the norm. Before we start doing more things.

Heck if I wanted to waste my money I would use it for something productive in my own life.

I have no reason to make any excuses. The bottom line is, your going to have accounting errors, period. If its the government or a corporation or small business, there are going to be errors. The key is to find those errors and try to minimize them during your next fiscal year. I only hope (the articles didn't say) that they will go after those folks for the refund.

Now to say that democrats take this lightly, i have more in my life to worry about other than things that can not be controlled by me, the only thing i can control concerning the government is my vote.
As far as waste of money, i'm more concern with MY tax dollars being wasted on elected officials that can't seem to get anything done and haven't gotten anything done in years.
I'm more concerned with not only the PResident(s) and our elected officials sending my tax dollars off to these countries that refuse to do what THEY need to do for their own people benefit, why do we accept supporting other countries civilians and NOT our OWN. Thats what I have a problem with.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,202,487 times
Government never wasted money before 20 Jan 2009.

That's the honest to ford truth.
Ask almost anyone on this forum.

It's all Obama's fault.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,042,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
That is probably because examples of waste are infinitely more common than successful examples of eliminating it.

Google it sometime or maybe read a newspaper.
Thanks for the tip.

Did you ever hear the expression, "If it bleeds, it leads"?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,243,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
According to the article:
More than $98 billion in taxpayer dollars spent by government agencies was wasted, much of it on questionable claims for tax credits and Medicare benefits, representing an increase of $26 billion from the previous year.
This year's waste is more than last year's, so (to state the obvious) government waste is nothing new ... unfortunately. However, questionable tax credits should be handled in large part by IRS. And waste with regard to Medicare? Hmmmmmmm.
President Barack Obama is expected to sign an executive order within the next week aimed at cracking down on government waste and fraud, particularly in Medicare and other benefit programs.
Sounds good.

So next week waste and fraud will not be allowed?

Was it allowed this week?

DUH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies