U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:40 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,841,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
A preliminary Congressional Budget Office analysis of the Senate health care legislation finds that the bill will cost $849 billion over the next decade while covering 94 percent of eligible Americans, a senior Democratic aide told reporters on Wednesday afternoon.

Health Bill CBO Score: $849 Billion Over Next Decade

Well Hell's Bell's... Imagine that, under a trillion. I can see the nuts on FAUX News now with that fair and balance spin...

Geez, sometimes I am really amazed how uneducated people here are. Providing health care to citizens of the U.S.
Oh no... HOW SHOCKING!!

I don't get why the hell the Republicans get all worked up about this. No one asked me if I wanted a 1 Trillion + war and 4300 dead soldiers.
And the end is not even in sight.

It is outrageous how ignorant Republicans are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 04:46 PM

782 posts, read 3,439,703 times
Quote:
and the Republicans plan was what? Oh, that's right, they kinda didn't have a plan...
The republican plan was to cover 3 million by 2019. Let ins. companies still use pre existing condition to exclude people. To take away some of the regulations.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 PM

22,243 posts, read 14,814,152 times
Quote:
and the Republicans plan was what? Oh, that's right, they kinda didn't have a plan...
That is a really sad aspect of this whole process. Not so much that they didn't come up with a feasable alternative plan, what's sad is that they refused to engage in the development process of a plan that will get signed. They chose, instead, to fight any plan put forth, the singular reason being, they do not want a reform bill passed while Democrats control the WH and Congress, period. It's a battle they are going to lose, unfortunately, we will lose as well. Whatever the final bill turns out to be, it will be lacking in many Conservative ideas that need to be there. The final bill will be some derivation of the House and Senate plans, but it will lacking some restraints and other items resulting in a bill that is not "all it could be". The Repubs have done ALL of us a great dis-service. As much as I dislike them, we needed them.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:52 PM

820 posts, read 731,504 times
Quote:
Senate bill will cost $849 billion

Senate Majority Harry Reid's health care bill will cost $849 billion, cut the deficit by $127 billion and cover 94 percent of eligible Americans, said a Senate Democratic leadership aide. The bill will reduce the number of uninsured by 31 million.

A cloture vote could come as early as Friday, but is more likely to come Saturday, the aide said.
Not sure what's worse your enthusiasm for a bill that will run us broke or you being so naive to accept whatever they say. It's not going to be 849 billion over ten years it will be much higher than that. Any fool can figure that out.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:52 PM

9,644 posts, read 8,377,352 times
Quote:
A preliminary Congressional Budget Office analysis of the Senate health care legislation finds that the bill will cost $849 billion over the next decade while covering 94 percent of eligible Americans, a senior Democratic aide told reporters on Wednesday afternoon.

Well Hell's Bell's... Imagine that, under a trillion. I can see the nuts on FAUX News now with that fair and balance spin...
1 question have you seen the national debt lately?

Old 11-18-2009, 05:22 PM

21,185 posts, read 15,352,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
That is a really sad aspect of this whole process. Not so much that they didn't come up with a feasable alternative plan, what's sad is that they refused to engage in the development process of a plan that will get signed. They chose, instead, to fight any plan put forth, the singular reason being, they do not want a reform bill passed while Democrats control the WH and Congress, period. It's a battle they are going to lose, unfortunately, we will lose as well. Whatever the final bill turns out to be, it will be lacking in many Conservative ideas that need to be there. The final bill will be some derivation of the House and Senate plans, but it will lacking some restraints and other items resulting in a bill that is not "all it could be". The Repubs have done ALL of us a great dis-service. As much as I dislike them, we needed them.
I actually agree with this 100%. Instead of insisting on sulking on the sidelines, the Republicans could have actually worked for their constituencies and helped to make this a bill that worked for the greater good.
A very sad state of affairs.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:28 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,860,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Geez, sometimes I am really amazed how uneducated people here are.
You said that, right before you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Providing health care to citizens of the U.S.
Oh no... HOW SHOCKING!!

I don't get why the hell the Republicans get all worked up about this. No one asked me if I wanted a 1 Trillion + war and 4300 dead soldiers.
And the end is not even in sight.

It is outrageous how ignorant Republicans are.
I agree, its amazing how uneducated people are.. Thanks for showing us a prime example

Old 11-18-2009, 07:33 PM

9,644 posts, read 8,377,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whips View Post
The republican plan was to cover 3 million by 2019. Let ins. companies still use pre existing condition to exclude people. To take away some of the regulations.
Wrong the republican plan address the pre existing conditions problem

Neither bills would have covered everyone

Old 11-18-2009, 07:37 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,259,336 times
They said this bill would SAVE money. How much are we saving ?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 PM

4,089 posts, read 4,612,044 times
Quote:

The cost is spread out over ten years for six years of benefits. That means that:

(8.50 x 10^11 / 6 ) / 3.1 x 10^7 = 4.57 x 10^3. The current per capita cost expense excluding those > than age 65 is over $6.3K per year. The presumption is that the 31 million covered under this plan would be under age 65, or they would already have insurance. Costs are increasing at a rate of 4.6% per year on average. In four years, when the first benefits really take affect, the cost will be $6.3K x 1.045^4, or over $7K per year. I think they are going to be short. Adjusting for inflation, even at a 3.5% rate they are going to short by a trillion dollars over 10 years at the current per capita expense ratio. Anybody want to bet on the government's ability to come in under budget?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or