Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:14 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Nobody under 21 should be out after midnight period. They are not old enough to legally drink and there is no need for them to be out in the streets at 2AM
I'm sorry but some JOBS go past midnight (restaurants and theaters come to mind). They can go to war and die for you but have to be home by midnight? Don't be so completely Stupid.

It is 100% the cops fault. Such a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 07:24 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm sorry but some JOBS go past midnight (restaurants and theaters come to mind). They can go to war and die for you but have to be home by midnight? Don't be so completely Stupid.

It is 100% the cops fault. Such a shame.
If you are working past midnight then it is OK. But you should go straight home after work if you are under 21. As for them going to war, I am opposed to both war and to people under 21 being in combat roles in the US military. While I think it is fine for an 18 year old to join the military, they should not be allowed to serve in infantry or other front line units until they are 21.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:36 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
The cop is to blame for speeding but so is the driver who turned into him.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:45 AM

615 posts, read 1,693,521 times
There is nothing wrong with a 19 year old being out at 2am in many, many cases. As someone said they could have been coming home from work, they could have been coming home from a movie or a game. I wasn't a partier by any stretch of the imagination but there are times when I would drive home at that time of night after an innocent night hanging out at a friends house. There are literally a zillion reasons why those kids could have been innocently out that night so to blame their parents or even the kids simply because they were out, is just bizarre.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:50 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,887,882 times
Lots of mistakes to go around. The article said nothing of the kids being at work. As a matter of fact it posed a question of if they were at a party. a cop doing over 90 with no lights on is stupid but the cameras don't roll if the lights aren't on. So the other car did have lights on. You should not pull across the path of an emergency vehicle with its lights on at teh very least. Most states you had better pull over to the side until they pass.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:55 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
What can you do after midnight that you can't do before midnight?

Old 11-26-2009, 08:00 AM

366 posts, read 297,410 times
Quote:
Yeah, sure the cops were to blame. But the parents were to BIGGER blame. People who allow teenagers to be out driving around at 2:30 AM should be arrested and put in jail themselves!

Video of fatal crash that killed two teens released - The Connecticut Post Online (http://www.connpost.com/ci_13807681 - broken link)
After watching that video, the cops are to blame IMO. Geez, it's sad to see someone lose their lives like that or any other way.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What can you do after midnight that you can't do before midnight?
What does it matter? My own daughter will be driving back to college after dinner tonight and will be on the road after midnight. Does that make ME a bad parent or does it make her a young ADULT who needs to be back for work in the morning?

Please don't think too hard, you don't want to pop anything.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
If you are working past midnight then it is OK. But you should go straight home after work if you are under 21. As for them going to war, I am opposed to both war and to people under 21 being in combat roles in the US military. While I think it is fine for an 18 year old to join the military, they should not be allowed to serve in infantry or other front line units until they are 21.
We don't have midnight curfews for adults. Sorry, but that's not a world anyone but you want's to live in.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:56 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What does it matter? My own daughter will be driving back to college after dinner tonight and will be on the road after midnight. Does that make ME a bad parent or does it make her a young ADULT who needs to be back for work in the morning?

Please don't think too hard, you don't want to pop anything.
Whoa! Calm down lady and realize that was a question directed at KevinKs asinine remark about kids not being out after midnight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies