U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-19-2009, 06:55 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,346,150 times
Reputation: 262

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
1. NX you almost certainly are not black.

NO ONE asking a serious question on the internet predicates it with a qualifier in such a way before asking it. Especially when you know its not provable.

"Hey Im a black guy so Im not racist...but we coloreds commit all the crime, so do you nonblacks think you should move away from we evil blacks!"

Serious dude, this isnt yahoo chat 1999. Only an idiot would buy that story.


2. Blacks do not commit the majority of crime, and WHITE crime is actually on equal rise as black and hispanic crime, which is standard during recessions.

3. Whites commit most extra racial hate crimes (meaning when a person of a different race is targeted because of their race). Hate Crime Statistics, 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2007/index.html - broken link)

So, if you want to get specific Blacks statistically have more to fear from being violently victimized by whites than whites do from blacks. The same goes for muslims, hispanics, native americans and gay people of any race.

Added- White males are also statistically more likely to assault women (of any color, including white)

 
Old 11-19-2009, 06:59 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,346,150 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Not in my county, I see blacks getting less time for the same crimes as whites.

In another county in Ohio, covering Akron, Ohio a black man who murdered his white wife only got 15 years for cold blooded killing.

The same town a white man who killed his wife in cold blood got life and no chance of parole.

The white man had no past history and the black had a sheet as long as you arm for drugs, theft etc.

Both are criminals, both should be in death row.

I just do not see what you are saying at all. If anything I have seen blacks get less then whites for similar crimes. Blacks in most cases have large amounts of previous problems and white have less but get far more punishment.

Having a huge majority of blacks in prisons and jails tells me that the majority are because they more likely to commit crimes when there are 70% more whites by numbers.

Stop making excuses for the numbers that prove our prisons are majority black because the majority of blacks committed the crimes in the first place.

Same for women, look at the numbers.


Back up what you say for once just once
 
Old 11-19-2009, 08:50 PM
 
13,072 posts, read 11,073,128 times
Reputation: 2606
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
First off do not speak to me as if I don't know about research. I am highly educated. Secondly me providing info after I have asked several others to do so with no real response seems like an easy way for you to do exactly what you claim I will do. Either way though here is a simple link to start with. As I have stated though you can easily find the info. Especially since you are so familiar with proper research methods. Search peer reviewed journals etc. This is all I will provide until someone provides other info to contradict it.

Article: Poverty, not race, tied to high crime in urban communities - New York Amsterdam News | HighBeam Research - FREE trial

I was well within bounds to ask for a source of more than "search the internet", especially when your claims were made as a matter of fact. It is also a proper courtesy in a discussion to provide such when making a definitive claim based on such evidence. I may or may not have an issue with the research, but if I do I will properly explain my reasoning.

Also, if you note, I never took a position of "fact" as you did, merely made a speculation that sub-culture can play a part to which you corrected me that this was not so stating a fact to your claim.

Try not to assume that I will act like some others on these boards who are entirely political and support their positions through fallacious claims.

Edit:
Never mind, not even bothering with that source as they want CC info for the free trial. The topic is not that interesting to go through that trouble. So if it is a fact of not or cleverly applied statistical methodology, I really don't care at this point.

Last edited by Nomander; 11-19-2009 at 08:59 PM..
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:34 AM
 
3,007 posts, read 3,253,795 times
Reputation: 2001
Organick, do the guards know you're using the prison computers again?
 
Old 11-20-2009, 01:43 AM
 
Location: Michigan
937 posts, read 2,530,242 times
Reputation: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
your right i'll scream it....you are racist at least have the balls to just say you don't like black neighborhoods.
You're right, I don't like black neighborhoods. Why? I value my life. And to say cops profile black neighborhoods is just silly. So when the gunshots ring out and people call them, and the perpetrators are black, is it the cops fault? Must be. Blame everyone else but the person responsible, seems to be how America works today.
 
Old 11-20-2009, 02:17 AM
 
1,718 posts, read 1,990,455 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
ummmmmm your post said 24% of population and 52 % of stops
I'm sorry. I guess this point was a little deep for some people. Let me use a simple example.

With a single crime, if the victim and witnesses say it was a black man who perpetrated the crime then 100% of the stops should be black. If any non-blacks are stopped it represents a waste of time. This would be the case even if blacks were only 10% of the population. This would not be racial profiling. Do you understand now?

So with city wide crime, if victims and witnesses say 80% of the crime is perpetrated by blacks then blacks should be 80% of the stops despite their being 24% of the population. That's not racial profiling.

It seems pretty simple to me.

- Reel
 
Old 11-20-2009, 02:33 AM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
5,660 posts, read 6,577,056 times
Reputation: 2429
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
1. NX you almost certainly are not black.

NO ONE asking a serious question on the internet predicates it with a qualifier in such a way before asking it. Especially when you know its not provable.

"Hey Im a black guy so Im not racist...but we coloreds commit all the crime, so do you nonblacks think you should move away from we evil blacks!"

Serious dude, this isnt yahoo chat 1999. Only an idiot would buy that story.


2. Blacks do not commit the majority of crime, and WHITE crime is actually on equal rise as black and hispanic crime, which is standard during recessions.

3. Whites commit most extra racial hate crimes (meaning when a person of a different race is targeted because of their race). Hate Crime Statistics, 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2007/index.html - broken link)

So, if you want to get specific Blacks statistically have more to fear from being violently victimized by whites than whites do from blacks. The same goes for muslims, hispanics, native americans and gay people of any race.

Added- White males are also statistically more likely to assault women (of any color, including white)
So do you believe white-on-white crime is rising and will occur in upcoming years?
 
Old 11-20-2009, 03:22 AM
 
1,718 posts, read 1,990,455 times
Reputation: 613
I know most of you would like to dismiss IQ as a contributing factor in how well one does in life and on the job. However, studies have shown that life is at best an uphill battle for folks with IQs below about 90 and the folks with IQs below 75 or 80 are at high risk for poor life outcomes. These are not only based on IQ testing but also follow up studies. Poor life outcomes include various social pathologies including crime, incarceration rates, unemployment, illegitimacy, STDs and poor academic performance.

Solutions could include specialized training and instruction:

"We might especially target individuals below IQ 80 for special support,
intellectual as well as material. This is the cognitive ability
(“trainability”) level below which federal law prohibits induction into the
American military and below which no civilian jobs in the United States
routinely recruit their workers. It includes about 10% of Whites and a third
of Blacks in the United States and the segment of both groups most at risk
for multiple health and social problems, regardless of family background and
material resources (Gottfredson, 1997, 2002)."

"Moreover, the risks that lower-IQ people face in relation to more able
individuals have been growing as the complexity of work, health care, and
daily life has increased. The g theory suggests that their relative risk
might be lowered if (a) education and training were better targeted to their
learning needs (instruction is more narrowly focused, nontheoretical,
concrete, hands-on, repetitive, personalized, and requiring no inferences);
(b) they were provided more assistance and direct instruction in matters of
daily well-being that we expect most people acquire on their own
(e.g., learning how best to avoid various kinds of illness and injury); and
(c) health care providers, social service agencies, and other institutions
removed some of the unnecessary complexity (e.g., inadequate or overly
complex labeling, instructions, and forms) that often impedes full and
effective use of services, medical regimens, and preventive care by the less
able. Less favorable genes for g impose constraints on individuals and their
helpers, but they certainly do not prevent us from improving lives in crucial
ways."

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson...hypothesis.pdf

- Reel
 
Old 11-20-2009, 05:46 AM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,032,031 times
Reputation: 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
I used to live in Minneapolis, and that statement is not only false but to try and compare african americans in high population large urban areas to native americans in small towns/reservations in a rural state is not only an unfair comparison, it also does not reflect whats behind the murder rate.

To simply say 'its poverty' is just as silly as saying 'its guns'. Native poverty in SD stems from lack of jobs, but is not based in competition for resources. Black (and brown) poverty in north MPLS and central St Paul is based on lack of jobs and competition for resources.

To say 'black culture is the problem' is silly, you may as well say 'spousal abuse or serial killings is due to white culture'.



LOL,

1. Proof please?

2. So you are going to build your GENERAL STATEMENT ON 40 MILLION PEOPLE IN 50 STATES just off statistics you heard second hand in your single county? Your one city is reflectory for the rest of the nation? Regardless if all national statistics say the opposite of what you claim?

Think about how foolish and inaccurate that is.
Goodness, read it once again.

I did not say this was only in one county, I used the county as an example but also stated for you to look at the prison population across the country.

Very easy to see that every single prison is over loaded with one race and that race has far less total amounts of people.

Heard second hand. Do you research anything at all.

National statistics say the opposite? Prove that statement.
The percentage of males in prisons across the country are blacks by a long shot.
 
Old 11-20-2009, 06:59 AM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,032,031 times
Reputation: 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Back up what you say for once just once

How many times do I have to prove this?

When I do all I get is the whining and excuses that goes with the FACTS.

Let me make it easy for you.

Fact, there are 70% more white males in America then black males.

Fact, 6.5% of all black males have seen a jail or prison at one time in their life. 1.25% of white males have seen a jail or prison. Even though there are a huge amount more whites then blacks.

Per 100,000 US residents.

4,777 blacks inmates
1,760 hispanic inmates
727 white inmates


Again, even though there are 70% more white males this proves that black males by a huge margin commit more crimes.

So please stop the whining and excuse making.

I now have proven I was right, its your turn to find more excuses for those who actually are crime ridden individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top