U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,365,659 times
Reputation: 735

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Actually, you did mention something about IQ scores.http://www.city-data.com/forum/11703181-post108.html

My own question is who gets tested and where? I question alot of things.

We are on the same page. Most Blacks do not committ crimes. The question I post is if most Blacks don't committ crimes, why judge the rest of the population based on what you see a few people do?
Honestly, it's just playing the odds. The numbers are so lopsided based on percentages.

Quick example, but a health care one. Blacks have an AIDS rate of 800% the average. (Data from USA Today, 1999, bit out of date).

Now since blacks are part of the average, that drags the average their way a little. In other words, the AIDS rate among blacks vrs. non-blacks (taking blacks out of the average) is *even worse*.

Another example. Blacks, 12% of the population, 22% of serial killers. Almost twice their representation.

This effect is in almost all data you care to look at.

So if your a betting man, and a cop must be, as his arse is on the line out there. How are you going to bet? With the PC crap, or the reality you encounter everyday?

The solution is for the ethnic groups that have this issue, is to work within their own communities to solve it.

When you can say, "Oh yeah, we'll move into or near Compton because those black folks are so peaceful... they may be poor and all... but good folks."... then you'll have accomplished something.

'till then the data is damning and pretty much anyone who has to bet their own life is going to go by the best odds.

 
Old 11-22-2009, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Central, IL
3,408 posts, read 3,563,749 times
Reputation: 1371
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Which is the correct thing to do. Listen, black crime rates are high, but they are quickly being overshadowed by the Hispanic crime waves spreading through the US faster than H1N1. This country needs an enema to flush all the crap out of the US.
You believe it is right to stop someone because of the color of their skin? Well, maybe once it happens to you a few times, then tell us it is the right thing to do.
 
Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 AM
 
1,718 posts, read 2,035,015 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Stopping people based on race, unfortunately is backed by the empirical data. It's simply playing the odds.

So if a certain ethnic group wants to stop being profiled as the thugs, they need to work inside their own community to change that perception.

Here's some data. If you were a cop, what would your practical, real world reaction be? Where *your* behind is in the line of fire???

Rankings by Population Group

Most Dangerous 25:.......%AA Largest Segment?
1...Detroit, Mich.............81.6............Y
2...Atlanta, Ga...............61.4............Y
3...St. Louis, Mo.............51.2............Y
4...Flint, Mich.................53.3............Y
5...Camden, N.J..............53.3............Y
6...Gary, Ind..................84.0............Y
7...West Palm Beach, FL..36.2............N
8...Compton, Calif...........40.3............N
9...Tampa, FL................26.1.............N
10..Washington, D.C.......55.6.............Y
11..Jackson, Miss...........70.6.............Y
12..Newark, N.J.............53.5.............Y
13..Kansas City, MO.......31.2.............Y
14..Miami-Dade, FL........17.5..............N
15..New Orleans, La.......67.3..............Y
16..Memphis, Tenn.........61.4.............Y
17..Orlando, Fla.............26.9.............N
18..Dayton, OH..............43.1............N
19..Richmond, VA...........52.3............Y
20..Dallas, TX................23.2............N
21..Philadelphia, Pa.........43.2............Y
22..Youngstown, Ohio......43.8...........N
23..Cleveland, OH...........54.2............Y
24..Oakland, Calif...........35.7.............Y
25..Minneapolis, MN........18.0.............N

Safest 25:...................%AA...Largest Segment?
1...Amherst, N.Y...........3.90............N
2...Mission Viejo, Ca......1.15............N
3...Brick Twnshp, N.J.....0.99............N
4...Newton, Mass..........1.97............N
5...Simi Valley, CA.........1.30............N
6...Cary, NC.................6.15............N
7...Greece, N.Y.............2.88............N
8...Thousand Oaks, CA...1.06............N
9...Colonie, N.Y.............3.96............N
10..Troy, MI..................2.09...........N
11..Sunnyvale, CA..........2.22...........N
12..Arvada, CO..............0.66...........N
13..Lake Forest, CA........1.83...........N
14..Orem, UT.................0.33...........N
15..Clarkstown, N.Y........7.87...........N
16..Sterling Heights, MI...1.30...........N
17..Irvine, CA................1.45...........N
18..Hamilton Twnshp, NJ..8.16..........N
19..Warwick, RI..............1.16..........N
20..Dover Twnshp, NJ......1.75..........N
21..Canton Twnshp, MI....4.54..........N
22..Cheektowaga, NY.......2.93..........N
23..Fremont, CA..............3.10..........N
24..Bellevue, WA.............1.99..........N
25..Farmington Hills, MI....6.94..........N
WOW!! Did you ever miss the point of my post!!
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:19 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,407,383 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
You are incorrect. While crimes are being investigated the police will question many people. The police understand that many of the people they question are not guilty. No I did not say that black people could be stopped only because of their skin color. What I did say was that stopping blacks at the same rate that they perpetrate crimes is not racial profiling even if the rate exceeds their numbers in the population.


that was a quote from your post but you didn't say it????????
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:23 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,407,383 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
No one is ever stopped merely because of their "skin color." That is just more BS that needs to be shot down. People are stopped because they dress, look, and act like gangbangers, or because they fit a description the police have received from witnesses. If their skin happens to be black, well, then.
!

bwahahahahaha thats a good one. Give me a efin break. There has been countless police investigations into racial profiling. Where do you live under a rock? Also someones clothes are not a reason to be stopped by police either. You are simply poiting out that you have heavy stereotypes in your mind.
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:26 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,407,383 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I realize that by admitting that blacks commit more crimes on average, you would feel like you are doing a great injustice in the culture war brewing in this country. But you cannot really believe what you say, can you?

You want to make a connection between poverty and crime, education and crime, racial sentencing and crime, to try to make your point. But it fails because hispanics are just as poor or more poor, just as poorly educated or more poorly educated(many can't even speak english), they are still a minority that many Americans don't trust. Yet a Hispanic man is only 1/3rd as likely to be in prison or jail as a black man.

We can talk about statistics all day long about petty crimes and drug related crime, but the simplest statistic to look at, which cannot be interpreted is murders. People don't just "get off" of murders because they buy their way out like in the drug abuse cases. Yet Blacks are extremely overrepresented in murder cases.

"In 2005, offending rates for blacks were more than 7 times higher than the rates for whites"
Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm - broken link)

Even if education actually was the cause, you have to wonder why then that Blacks are so poorly educated. Is it because they don't have access to an education? Nope. Is it because the High scool education they get is lacking? Nope. It is because almost all black youths in urban areas drop out of high school and never go to college.

Black people just don't value education as much as whites. Almost all of them glorify to some extent the "thug life", they try to "stay black" by listening to rap music and acting and dressing more black. Many successful black men are treated as traitors if they are seen as acting "white".

Its all part of the black culture that may be different from one end of the country to the other, but the whites who are supposedly subjugating them are also different from one end of the country to the other. One of the more "accepting" and multicultural states, where whites aren't even a majority in the state(California), the black crime problem is far far worse than all other areas of the country(Oakland and compton are the worst places to live in the entire country).

Stop trying to make excuses for their bad behavior, blacks have problems and by you trying to pretend that its just the white man trying to cause problems, you are doing them a great injustice. There is already plenty of hatred and resentment flowing through that community.

I cannot continue to reply to you while you ignore information put out in front of your face. 7 times tindo posted info on your prisoner rates....I posted an entire study done that addresses all of your comments about education and contradicts your belief with scientific research.

Please read the information as it has already responded to you. Education is not equal etc etc etc.
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,407,383 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Which is the correct thing to do. Listen, black crime rates are high, but they are quickly being overshadowed by the Hispanic crime waves spreading through the US faster than H1N1. This country needs an enema to flush all the crap out of the US.

so you don't like civil rights or the constitution? well at least we got that out of the way.
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:35 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,407,383 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Honestly, it's just playing the odds. The numbers are so lopsided based on percentages.

Quick example, but a health care one. Blacks have an AIDS rate of 800% the average. (Data from USA Today, 1999, bit out of date).

Now since blacks are part of the average, that drags the average their way a little. In other words, the AIDS rate among blacks vrs. non-blacks (taking blacks out of the average) is *even worse*.

Another example. Blacks, 12% of the population, 22% of serial killers. Almost twice their representation.

This effect is in almost all data you care to look at.

So if your a betting man, and a cop must be, as his arse is on the line out there. How are you going to bet? With the PC crap, or the reality you encounter everyday?

The solution is for the ethnic groups that have this issue, is to work within their own communities to solve it.

When you can say, "Oh yeah, we'll move into or near Compton because those black folks are so peaceful... they may be poor and all... but good folks."... then you'll have accomplished something.

'till then the data is damning and pretty much anyone who has to bet their own life is going to go by the best odds.



same crap info that has already been de-bunked time and time again in this thread.
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:48 PM
 
1 posts, read 736 times
Reputation: 10
This may sound simplistic but I believe it ALL starts at home. It starts when the young black girl gets pregnant to a young black guy who has no interest in being a responsible father figure let alone marrying the young pregnant girl. So now the young black girl tries to raise one and eventually more children alone or with sporadic help from an incompetent father. This leads to behavioral problems with the child because the child then attempts to fill the emotional void by hanging out with children who also don't have stable home lives leading to no respect for anyone or anything amonst those children. When children don't have fathers they have nothing but an uphill battle. The percentage of men in prison who lacked responsible fathers is over 60 percent. The governement cannot fix this problem. Black men must be responsible and that all starts with being raised in a two parent husehold by two responsible parents who showere their children with love and affection and who show them how to live responsibly by example. no government agency and no head start program can replace two loving parents or a father figure. Let's stop fooling ourselves.
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,407,383 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by len ray View Post
This may sound simplistic but I believe it ALL starts at home. It starts when the young black girl gets pregnant to a young black guy who has no interest in being a responsible father figure let alone marrying the young pregnant girl. So now the young black girl tries to raise one and eventually more children alone or with sporadic help from an incompetent father. This leads to behavioral problems with the child because the child then attempts to fill the emotional void by hanging out with children who also don't have stable home lives leading to no respect for anyone or anything amonst those children. When children don't have fathers they have nothing but an uphill battle. The percentage of men in prison who lacked responsible fathers is over 60 percent. The governement cannot fix this problem. Black men must be responsible and that all starts with being raised in a two parent husehold by two responsible parents who showere their children with love and affection and who show them how to live responsibly by example. no government agency and no head start program can replace two loving parents or a father figure. Let's stop fooling ourselves.

this shows a slight lack of understanding of cultural basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top