U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-06-2010, 10:57 AM
 
44,723 posts, read 43,262,217 times
Reputation: 14445

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
If you are correct then the murder rate for all poor blacks should be the same as the murder rate for all poor whites. I have no doubt that the murder rate for poor blacks is far higher than the murder rate for poor whites. Do you have any statistics on this? I don't really feel like looking for it but I'm willing to bet that I'm correct.

Now you're throwing another factor into the mix. Now you're saying that poor blacks have a higher murder rate because there are more people to murder? I'd be willing to make you another bet. I'll bet you that the murder rate among middle class blacks is higher than the murder rate for middle class whites. Go prove me wrong.

By the way, we are talking about the United States of America.

- Reel
It should be the same, but there are also other factors within the African-American community that affect it in disproportionate numbers, such as broken homes, a relatively bad education system for many, and just the feeling of hopelessness. Historical factors also play into effect. When Italians started coming to this nation during the late 19th and early 20th century, many of the persons coming here were single men. They were coming from a nation with a very big issue concerning violence. The murder rate for Italians in Philadephia was higher than the murder rate for African-Americans. Why? Alot of problems. While many did find jobs and start businesses, others were struggling. Similar issues. When Italians were basically accepted into the mainstream as "white", those murder rates started to come down. The Irish were dealing with violence too. Irish gangs were forming in New York and anyone who wasn't "from the neighborhood" would get beaten up or killed. NYC had plenty of violence issues whether or not there were African-Americans there.Those who wanted to leave the cities for the suburbs basically could do so. African-Americans have never been accepted in such a way. It took fighting for it to get the same things as everyone else.

While we are at it, the imprisonment rate among African-Americans. Most Black men are not in prison, but a slight majority of the population in prison is African-American. Until 1964, Whites made up the majority of those in the prison system. What changed? Laws did, particularly drug laws.

Why are the crime rates higher? Possibly the same amount of people
committing similar amounts of crime, but in a smaller population segment.

Now I have a question, not just for you, but for the OP. How does race cause a person to committ a crime, not the factors going alot with it, not the outside factors, but race by itself? That is a question no one has been able to answer.

 
Old 01-06-2010, 03:47 PM
 
1,718 posts, read 1,993,773 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
It should be the same, but there are also other factors within the African-American community that affect it in disproportionate numbers, such as broken homes, a relatively bad education system for many, and just the feeling of hopelessness. Historical factors also play into effect. When Italians started coming to this nation during the late 19th and early 20th century, many of the persons coming here were single men. They were coming from a nation with a very big issue concerning violence. The murder rate for Italians in Philadephia was higher than the murder rate for African-Americans. Why? Alot of problems. While many did find jobs and start businesses, others were struggling. Similar issues. When Italians were basically accepted into the mainstream as "white", those murder rates started to come down. The Irish were dealing with violence too. Irish gangs were forming in New York and anyone who wasn't "from the neighborhood" would get beaten up or killed. NYC had plenty of violence issues whether or not there were African-Americans there.Those who wanted to leave the cities for the suburbs basically could do so. African-Americans have never been accepted in such a way. It took fighting for it to get the same things as everyone else.

While we are at it, the imprisonment rate among African-Americans. Most Black men are not in prison, but a slight majority of the population in prison is African-American. Until 1964, Whites made up the majority of those in the prison system. What changed? Laws did, particularly drug laws.

Why are the crime rates higher? Possibly the same amount of people
committing similar amounts of crime, but in a smaller population segment.

Now I have a question, not just for you, but for the OP. How does race cause a person to committ a crime, not the factors going alot with it, not the outside factors, but race by itself? That is a question no one has been able to answer.
Everything that you say here is a contributing factor. Add to these the fact that these folks who, for whatever reason, find themselves unable to compete successfully in this capitalistic society are being constantly told that their predicament is someone else's fault. They are told that they are not the one's responsible. This breeds resentment, bitterness and anger.

You are asking the politically incorrect question here. What is it about being black that would be a contributing factor to a higher violent crime rate? A less politically incorrect question would be what is it about being a man that would be a contributing factor to a vastly higher violent crime rate?

I think the answer is the same. On average men are bigger, stronger, more agressive and more impulsive than women. This is what makes men better athletes than women. What makes this difference is hormones. It's why athletes take extra hormones. It increases their strength. It also makes them more aggressive and more impulsive.

From everything I've read, blacks have only slightly more male hormones (testosterone) than whites. However, it's the way their bodies process testosterone that makes a bigger difference. Something about blacks having more androgen receptors.

As I said, politically incorrect and I'm sure your not going to like this. All you have to do is look around at professional athletics to notice that blacks make better athletes than whites. They are quicker, more explosive, they can run faster and jump higher.

Being more impulsive and more aggressive would tend to make one more prone to violence. Add to this my other points as well as yours in the post above. They are all contributing factors.

I figure you're going to argue this point with me but it's a closed case as far as I'm concerned. I've played way too much basketball over the course of way too many years with whites and blacks not to have noticed this difference. In my experience which is considerable, I've seen but 2 or 3 white men who could jump the way I've seem many black men jump. White men can't jump is, for the most part, true I'm afraid.

**tindo disclaimer** Most blacks are not violent and most black do not live in poverty and most blacks are not professional athletes. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that most blacks don't even play basketball or any other sport for that matter. So don't go off thinking that I'm talking about you or even most blacks.

I'm getting tired of this thread!

- Reel
 
Old 01-06-2010, 08:39 PM
 
44,723 posts, read 43,262,217 times
Reputation: 14445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Everything that you say here is a contributing factor. Add to these the fact that these folks who, for whatever reason, find themselves unable to compete successfully in this capitalistic society are being constantly told that their predicament is someone else's fault. They are told that they are not the one's responsible. This breeds resentment, bitterness and anger.

You are asking the politically incorrect question here. What is it about being black that would be a contributing factor to a higher violent crime rate? A less politically incorrect question would be what is it about being a man that would be a contributing factor to a vastly higher violent crime rate?

I think the answer is the same. On average men are bigger, stronger, more agressive and more impulsive than women. This is what makes men better athletes than women. What makes this difference is hormones. It's why athletes take extra hormones. It increases their strength. It also makes them more aggressive and more impulsive.

From everything I've read, blacks have only slightly more male hormones (testosterone) than whites. However, it's the way their bodies process testosterone that makes a bigger difference. Something about blacks having more androgen receptors.

As I said, politically incorrect and I'm sure your not going to like this. All you have to do is look around at professional athletics to notice that blacks make better athletes than whites. They are quicker, more explosive, they can run faster and jump higher.


Being more impulsive and more aggressive would tend to make one more prone to violence. Add to this my other points as well as yours in the post above. They are all contributing factors.

I figure you're going to argue this point with me but it's a closed case as far as I'm concerned. I've played way too much basketball over the course of way too many years with whites and blacks not to have noticed this difference. In my experience which is considerable, I've seen but 2 or 3 white men who could jump the way I've seem many black men jump. White men can't jump is, for the most part, true I'm afraid.

**tindo disclaimer** Most blacks are not violent and most black do not live in poverty and most blacks are not professional athletes. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that most blacks don't even play basketball or any other sport for that matter. So don't go off thinking that I'm talking about you or even most blacks.

I'm getting tired of this thread!

- Reel
There was building resentment and anger within the African-American community by the time the 1960's rolled around and people back then were telling them "it is your fault" or "no Blacks need apply" in subtle and not so subtle ways. Then there were people telling them the truth about what was happening to the poor Blacks living in the ghettos. Of course there is going to be resentment and anger. Wouldn't you be angry and resentful if your ethnic group was enslaved for 258 years and then mistreated in other ways for another century? I would sure expect it. What happened? Rioting in places like Newark, Detroit, Milwaukee,Chicago,Cleveland,Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco, Portland(yes, Portland,Oregon), Philadelphia, NYC, etc. People were angry and growing impatient. What do you think was going to happen?

I'm asking a politically incorrect question? Sounds like I am asking the right question. There is a reason I asked the question I asked rather than the question you suggested. It is because the OP says "race", not gender, but "race" is a contributing factor. "How does a person's race contribute to that person committing a crime?", is what I am asking because I do not see any proof that a person's race will cause them to committ and crime and I see people suggesting otherwise.

I don't see any logic in your argument about Black people having more testosterone. Please prove that.

If Black people were supposedly better athletes, please explain why every White person on the track team could jump faster than me. I don't buy into that "Black people are natural athletes" crap because if it were true, then I would have been one of the best runners on the track team(I never got 1st place in a race). My own experience tells me otherwise. Yes, there are alot of Black people who are great athletes, but I have been around alot of White people who can play basketball or run faster and better than me. I see it as a matter of training and dedication, and the fact that said persons may have been doing it their whole lives.

The statement "white men can't jump" is a lie. I used to run track and I know better. Your "scientific evidence" doesn't always work with me because I think about my own experiences. People are products of their environments. If you grow up in an environment where athletic prowess is considered very important, then of course you are going to build yourself up to be an athlete. If you grow up in a household where education reigns supreme, then of course
you will choose education. It doesn't always have to be, but it usually works out as such. In my home, education was always pushed. My father trained me so that I could be quicker and faster, but I was always better at science or geography. Did this mean I was a bad athlete? Not at all. There were just other people, Black and White, who were quicker and faster than me. I can live with that. To me, race has nothing to do with it. They just happen to be better at something than me. I strive to do my thing.
 
Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 PM
 
270 posts, read 570,707 times
Reputation: 154
I can only draw on personal experience, but the few cases known to me suggest something like this:

1) White kid gets beaten up at school

2) Teachers don't do much in order to seem "non-racist"

3) Kid gets beaten up again

4) Parents get frustrated and move

5) After a critical mass of parents move, home owners get nervous about the perception of the area and lowering home values

6) Prices fall and rentals pop up

7) People recommend not moving there due to bad school system

8) The rest of the whites not living in poverty bail

9) The elderly and poorest whites are stuck

10) Area's white flight is completed. A few whites may move in from time to time.
 
Old 01-07-2010, 04:08 AM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
7,194 posts, read 4,340,242 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I'm asking a politically incorrect question? Sounds like I am asking the right question. There is a reason I asked the question I asked rather than the question you suggested. It is because the OP says "race", not gender, but "race" is a contributing factor. "How does a person's race contribute to that person committing a crime?", is what I am asking because I do not see any proof that a person's race will cause them to committ and crime and I see people suggesting otherwise.

I don't see any logic in your argument about Black people having more testosterone. Please prove that.

If Black people were supposedly better athletes, please explain why every White person on the track team could jump faster than me. I don't buy into that "Black people are natural athletes" crap because if it were true, then I would have been one of the best runners on the track team(I never got 1st place in a race). My own experience tells me otherwise. Yes, there are alot of Black people who are great athletes, but I have been around alot of White people who can play basketball or run faster and better than me. I see it as a matter of training and dedication, and the fact that said persons may have been doing it their whole lives.

The statement "white men can't jump" is a lie. I used to run track and I know better. Your "scientific evidence" doesn't always work with me because I think about my own experiences. People are products of their environments. If you grow up in an environment where athletic prowess is considered very important, then of course you are going to build yourself up to be an athlete. If you grow up in a household where education reigns supreme, then of course
you will choose education. It doesn't always have to be, but it usually works out as such. In my home, education was always pushed. My father trained me so that I could be quicker and faster, but I was always better at science or geography. Did this mean I was a bad athlete? Not at all. There were just other people, Black and White, who were quicker and faster than me. I can live with that. To me, race has nothing to do with it. They just happen to be better at something than me. I strive to do my thing.
Your basing your rejection of genetic proofs on your own life experience isn't exactly a proven scientific method. When it comes to science, most of its conclusions are more based on an "average" rather than any absolute. Because there are no absolutes.

Scientists know that intelligence is largely genetic, because of the correlation in intelligence between family members and especially identical twins. But they still don't understand it, although they have found many contributing factors.

When it comes to athletics, there is an obvious pattern that relates to race. They have found that the average West African has different lung capacity and different types of muscle fibers, they excel at sprints and other bursts of strength. East Africans have large lung capacity and slow-switch muscle fibers, they are good at distance running. Eastern Europeans have stronger upper bodies and hold all the records in weight-lifting and excel at the shot-put and the javelin throw. Western Europeans are similar to Eastern Europeans with strong upper bodies(but slightly less strong), but have more stamina so they can do heavily aerobic activities(great at swimming).

Sport and Ethnicity (http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0657.htm - broken link)

That isn't to say every European has a stronger upper body than a black or an asian, but those are just the trends.

Lets look at the Beijing Olympics.

The events I have pulled out are swimming, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Rowing, and Athletics. I mostly want to focus on mens because it more likely to be more respentative of the entire world than womens.

In rowing which is almost entirely upper body strength and stamina, every single team was European.

Rowing at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In wrestling which is mostly upper-body strength but also requires leg strength and bursts of strength. Almost every single winner was from far Eastern Europe or north central asia(Kazakhstan/Uzberkistan, and the Caucus countries).

Wrestling at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In weightlifting it can be deceiving because, the lower weight classes are dominated by asians(who are small people). The top weight-lifting classes are completely dominated by Eastern Europeans.

Weightlifting at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In swimming, theres obviously Michael Phelps(and then that weird guy with the stache from the 70's). And about 90% of all medal winners are European.

Swimming at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here are the bios and pictures of the American Swim Team. Flip through all 5 pages, see a pattern?

Athletes | USA Swimming (http://swimming.teamusa.org/athletes/index?page=1 - broken link)

So lastly we get to Athletics.

Athletics at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Out of every singles running event, there was only one white guy who medaled. It was in the 400m(about 1/4th of a mile). Europeans won the high jump, shot put, discuss throw, javelin throw, and the hammer throw.

Do you not see a strong correlation between science, genetics, and race?

Another example of whites having stronger upper bodies can be seen in how most NFL offensive lines are nothing but big white guys. But the defense is almost always full of fast black guys. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that RACE has huge implications in at least athletics, so what else might it imply?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-07-2010 at 04:33 AM..
 
Old 01-07-2010, 04:20 AM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
7,194 posts, read 4,340,242 times
Reputation: 2647
And since we are already talking about race and genetic differences. I like how scientists always talk about how "there is only one human race, because humans aren't an old enough species to be that much different than each other".

Now take for example the domestication of the silver fox.

Dmitri K. Belyaev - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
"In the 1950s Dmitri Belyaev and his team spent many years breeding the silver fox (Vulpes vulpes) and selecting only those individuals that showed the least fear of humans. Eventually, Belyaev's team selected only those that showed the most positive response to humans. He ended up with a population of foxes whose behavior and appearance was significantly changed. After about ten generations of controlled breeding, these foxes no longer showed any fear of humans and often wagged their tails and licked their human caretakers to show affection. They also started to have spotted coats, floppy ears, and curled tails.

At the time, biologists were puzzled as to how dogs evolved to have different coats than wolves. They couldn't figure how dogs got those genes from wolves. Belyaev saw his foxes as a perfect opportunity to find out how this happened. He and his colleagues began performing tests on the animals. When they checked the adrenaline levels of the domesticated foxes, they found that they were significantly lower than normal. This is feasible, because foxes that are not afraid of humans are going to produce less adrenaline around them. This explains the foxes' tameness, but it doesn't really explain their multicolor coats. The scientists theorized that adrenaline shares a biochemical pathway with melanin, which controls pigment production."
By something as simple as selectively breeding for lower adrenaline levels(to change behavior), it also changed the appearance of the silver fox by its effect on melanin production. And it only took 10 generations(a generation in human years is only about 20 years), so in relation to humans this could actually have caused these huge physical and behavioral changes in as little as 200 years.

Could selective breeding(even through natural selection) in humans resulting in higher or lower adrenaline/testosterone levels have caused melanin changes? If so, what might those changes look like? Pale skin? Blonde Hair? Blue eyes?

Let us also discuss one of the evolutionary theories of "stockholm syndrome".

Quote:
Historically raptio (e.g., Rape of the Sabine women) and bride kidnapping have been (and still are in some places) very common practices. Women who were kidnapped and consistently fought back were likely to be killed or imprisoned and thus not have children. But women who bonded with and submitted to their captors were more likely to have children and their children were more likely to receive the genes that made their mothers more passive and bonding towards their captors.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome#Evolutionary_explanations

Woman who were more passive(domesticated) were more likely to have more children, thus making their children more passive(domesticated) also.

Then throw in the fact that this happened in Stockholm, Sweden(Northern Europe) and the pieces of the puzzle seem to fall more and more into place.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-07-2010 at 04:50 AM..
 
Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
 
44,723 posts, read 43,262,217 times
Reputation: 14445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Your basing your rejection of genetic proofs on your own life experience isn't exactly a proven scientific method. When it comes to science, most of its conclusions are more based on an "average" rather than any absolute. Because there are no absolutes.

Scientists know that intelligence is largely genetic, because of the correlation in intelligence between family members and especially identical twins. But they still don't understand it, although they have found many contributing factors.

When it comes to athletics, there is an obvious pattern that relates to race. They have found that the average West African has different lung capacity and different types of muscle fibers, they excel at sprints and other bursts of strength. East Africans have large lung capacity and slow-switch muscle fibers, they are good at distance running. Eastern Europeans have stronger upper bodies and hold all the records in weight-lifting and excel at the shot-put and the javelin throw. Western Europeans are similar to Eastern Europeans with strong upper bodies(but slightly less strong), but have more stamina so they can do heavily aerobic activities(great at swimming).

Sport and Ethnicity (http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0657.htm - broken link)

That isn't to say every European has a stronger upper body than a black or an asian, but those are just the trends.

Lets look at the Beijing Olympics.

The events I have pulled out are swimming, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Rowing, and Athletics. I mostly want to focus on mens because it more likely to be more respentative of the entire world than womens.

In rowing which is almost entirely upper body strength and stamina, every single team was European.

Rowing at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In wrestling which is mostly upper-body strength but also requires leg strength and bursts of strength. Almost every single winner was from far Eastern Europe or north central asia(Kazakhstan/Uzberkistan, and the Caucus countries).

Wrestling at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In weightlifting it can be deceiving because, the lower weight classes are dominated by asians(who are small people). The top weight-lifting classes are completely dominated by Eastern Europeans.

Weightlifting at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In swimming, theres obviously Michael Phelps(and then that weird guy with the stache from the 70's). And about 90% of all medal winners are European.

Swimming at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here are the bios and pictures of the American Swim Team. Flip through all 5 pages, see a pattern?

Athletes | USA Swimming (http://swimming.teamusa.org/athletes/index?page=1 - broken link)

So lastly we get to Athletics.

Athletics at the 2008 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Out of every singles running event, there was only one white guy who medaled. It was in the 400m(about 1/4th of a mile). Europeans won the high jump, shot put, discuss throw, javelin throw, and the hammer throw.

Do you not see a strong correlation between science, genetics, and race?

Another example of whites having stronger upper bodies can be seen in how most NFL offensive lines are nothing but big white guys. But the defense is almost always full of fast black guys. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that RACE has huge implications in at least athletics, so what else might it imply?
Actually, none of that means anything to me. Correlation is NOT causation. So alot of White guys are winning in swimming and the throwing events? So there are alot of fast Black guys? They might have found something they liked and trained at it. This is the Olympics. You have to train yourself to do something, and you have to concentrate specifically on that. If I had trained myself at swimming every single day from age 4 until now, I probably might be a gold medal swimmer. All you are showing me are athletes. You are not showing me scientific proof.

And I found a quote from one of the links. It is something you seem to dismiss: "Frankly, such claims that blacks succeed for cultural reasons diminish the reality that sports achievement is all about individual accomplishment, that 'fire in the belly'. It's hard work, courage and serendipity that separate champions from other elite sportsmen and women." At the end, it says hard work and dedication are the keys.

Now answer this: How does a person's race make criminality "more natural"?
 
Old 05-12-2010, 10:16 AM
 
498 posts, read 374,833 times
Reputation: 69
Pick up a history book and read your cultural, country and people history! The answer isn't hard to find, just think back 40 years and slowly add time and situations up!
 
Old 05-12-2010, 02:07 PM
 
44,723 posts, read 43,262,217 times
Reputation: 14445
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-ham 34 View Post
Pick up a history book and read your cultural, country and people history! The answer isn't hard to find, just think back 40 years and slowly add time and situations up!
I would say more like 300 years back.
 
Old 05-17-2010, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
7,194 posts, read 4,340,242 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Actually, none of that means anything to me. Correlation is NOT causation. So alot of White guys are winning in swimming and the throwing events? So there are alot of fast Black guys? They might have found something they liked and trained at it. This is the Olympics. You have to train yourself to do something, and you have to concentrate specifically on that. If I had trained myself at swimming every single day from age 4 until now, I probably might be a gold medal swimmer. All you are showing me are athletes. You are not showing me scientific proof.
You are falling back on this notion that more blacks want to be sprinters? Do you think there are no white guys running the 100m qualifiers? Do you think all the white guys in the past, oh 30 years, are too lazy to run the 100m? What world do you live in? People like you want to believe in something that just isn't true. Take this for example, look at the ratio of white college football players vs black college football players and then contrast that with the percentage of white/black professional football players. There are far more white athletes in college and every single one of them would love to go pro. Do you really believe that the only difference from one person to another is how bad they want it? I think you are being a little naive.

If your physical characteristics aren't condusive to a certain sport. You may still become good with practice, but you will always be limited. And the person who wants it more than you, but maybe was born with slightly larger hands or longer legs or larger chest or some muscular functioning differences(fast-twitch vs slow-twitch fibers), you will lose to them every time.

It sucks, but that is life. You are not born equal to everyone else. Some people are born more intelligent, better looking, taller, stronger, leaner, healthier, etc. And most of these attributes tend to run in families(because they are hereditary).

Quote:
And I found a quote from one of the links. It is something you seem to dismiss: "Frankly, such claims that blacks succeed for cultural reasons diminish the reality that sports achievement is all about individual accomplishment, that 'fire in the belly'. It's hard work, courage and serendipity that separate champions from other elite sportsmen and women." At the end, it says hard work and dedication are the keys.
This whole statement is so stupid. One of the things you hear in sports so often is the word "talent". He has "natural talent". Are there no lazy people in the NFL? I read all the time about extremely lazy professional football players. Guys packing on the pounds, skipping practice, etc. Yet, why are they so much better than me at those sports? Is it because they want it more than me? I think you are glorifying sports far too much, and putting these athletes on these pedestals where they don't belong. There are millions of aspiring athletes that work 10x harder than many professional athletes.

Quote:
Now answer this: How does a person's race make criminality "more natural"?
Look, you would need to define criminality. Criminal behavior comes in many different types. You have aggressive/violent criminality and non-violent. You even have things like serial killers, rapists, child-abusers, etc.

Aggressive/violent behavior could be caused by a genetic trait, or a "violent gene".

Gene linked to impulsive violence weakens brain circuits that regulate thinking in humans

Impulsiveness is many times linked to testosterone levels. Which is why men on "roids" tend to be more impulsive/aggressive/violent/moody. And there are many studies done where africans tend to have higher levels of testosterone in their youth than whites.

Evo and Proud: Testosterone and human variation

These variations of course are genetic, and while you may have a brother or sister or father with blue eyes or brown eyes. Genetic traits tend to run in population groups. And while there are exceptions to every rule, we must look at the group as a whole to see the big picture.

And with that said, blacks dominate the 100m sprint, period. They hold something like the top 200 best times, and 494 out of the top 500 best times. But maybe thats just because whites just don't care about the 100m sprint? I dunno, you tell me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top