U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 19,301,005 times

Advertisements

I guess we would need more detailed statistics, for instance on the crime rates within one and the same ethnic group (education, sex, location, family's social standing etc.), before we can make any such broad statements.

And even if there were such race-related differences, I don't think it would make sense to rub it into people's faces. It would only make people use such knowledge as an excuse not to try hard to make it. Not to mention that it would hurt people, which would probably make things even worse.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
We love to talk about black atheletes and obviously there are some physiological differences albeit probably alot more minor and subtle then people like too think..
I read that during the slavery era male slaves destined for the new world were selected based on physical strength so they could work on the fields. Maybe this has had long-term consequences.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:33 AM

48,063 posts, read 45,465,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I read that during the slavery era male slaves destined for the new world were selected based on physical strength so they could work on the fields. Maybe this has had long-term consequences.
Interesting you mention that. There have been accounts of slaves dying on the ships before making it to the New World. Sometimes slaves were thrown overboard.

Slave Facts
Africans in America/Part 1/Living Africans Thrown Overboard

Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 AM

8,648 posts, read 15,294,068 times
Quote:
I think if was Jimmy The Greek that was fired for saying the same thing...He was called a racist for it...

Old 05-18-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Interesting you mention that. There have been accounts of slaves dying on the ships before making it to the New World. Sometimes slaves were thrown overboard.

Slave Facts
Africans in America/Part 1/Living Africans Thrown Overboard
Yes, that was "natural" selection at its worst

Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I think if was Jimmy The Greek that was fired for saying the same thing...He was called a racist for it...
Never heard of him, but I just looked him up and found what he had said:

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

That is quite different from what I said.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:39 AM

497 posts, read 395,313 times
Default Why you ask something, you know the answer too?

Pick up a history book, there is where your answer is!!! Read knowledge is powerful! Then again you can sit back and typically think it out it's simple logics!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way — because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner — the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

Your words may have been a different but, NO it's the same thought.......

Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 AM

497 posts, read 395,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I was actually surprised at the differences in Chicago when I saw the data from two years ago or so.

Blacks, Hispanics and Whites make up roughly 1/3 of the city (give or take, there's around 150,000 Asians).

Murder states though are:

Black: 75%
Hispanic: 19%
White: 6%

Almost a million white people in the city - but usually only a small handfull of murders. A little over a million blacks in the city - but hundreds and hundreds of murders. It's a sad reason why more isn't done in this city - lots of people who aren't living on the west and south side aren't as devoted to dealing with the crime because it's so concentrated in certain neighborhoods that most people don't go. Even of the black population, you have a huge number of black people in the city who aren't living in the "war zones". 75% of the homicides are in areas with 25% of the population.

The areas in the city north of Fullerton have had 15 homicides through November 17th - and have well over 1 million people. That's around 1.5/100,000 people for a city that averages 16/100,000. Just shows how much worse things are on the west and south sides.
Yes!! What it boils down too "SHERLOCK" is either suicide or survival, which route do you take in the concrete jungle.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way — because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner — the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

Your words were some what different but, NO it's the same line of thinking.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies