Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
No one is ever stopped merely because of their "skin color." That is just more BS that needs to be shot down. People are stopped because they dress, look, and act like gangbangers, or because they fit a description the police have received from witnesses. If their skin happens to be black, well, then.

Profiling is intelligent, even if it offends your PC sensibilities. It makes sense to stop and question members of a group that is known to be responsible for a lot of crime or terrorist acts. That's why patting down granny at the airport is so absurd. There might be a one in a billion chance that some white granny is secretly a jihadi, but the odds are much higher that the jihadi looks, acts, and dresses like . . . a jihadi!

You have got to be kidding me if you think people don't get stopped ever based off of skin color alone. Is it always because of this? NO, but it does happen. I have seen it happen to people of all races, based solely off there skin

Old 11-22-2009, 11:05 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I have seen it happen to people of all races, based solely off there skin
Wait a minute! People of all races get stopped because of their skin color? If that's the case then race or skin color could not possibly be the reason for the stops. Unless this is some kind of logic that I just don't understand.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:07 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Wait a minute! People of all races get stopped because of their skin color? If that's the case then race or skin color could not possibly be the reason for the stops. Unless this is some kind of logic that I just don't understand.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:13 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGX159 View Post
I'm not being racist when I say this(can't I'm black too) that if the black population is above 30% the crime rate is higher, if the black population is higher than other races and make up a majority, the crime rate skyrockets. And if it's equal to any other race, it skyrockets as well.

Then when I find places where the white population is about 80-90 %, there's hardly any crime at all.

Is a higher population in Blacks in towns and cities forcing people to move???
Absolutely.

Even Eddy Murphy used to joke about it... "... The attack of the black people, lock up your daughters, lock up your wives, crime rates up, property values are down!" and so on.

Thing is, it's a global phenomenon, not just one confined to the U.S. where one might blame the legacy of slavery.

Yet on another thread, Euros were calling the U.S. racist. Yeah... when there's a black Queen of England or Black Caucuses in their gov'ts then they can talk. 'till then guess they should shut up.

Anyway, your observations are backed by data as I'll insert below.

Rankings by Population Group

Most Dangerous 25:.......%AA Largest Segment?
1...Detroit, Mich.............81.6............Y
2...Atlanta, Ga...............61.4............Y
3...St. Louis, Mo.............51.2............Y
4...Flint, Mich.................53.3............Y
5...Camden, N.J..............53.3............Y
6...Gary, Ind..................84.0............Y
7...West Palm Beach, FL..36.2............N
8...Compton, Calif...........40.3............N
9...Tampa, FL................26.1.............N
10..Washington, D.C.......55.6.............Y
11..Jackson, Miss...........70.6.............Y
12..Newark, N.J.............53.5.............Y
13..Kansas City, MO.......31.2.............Y
14..Miami-Dade, FL........17.5..............N
15..New Orleans, La.......67.3..............Y
16..Memphis, Tenn.........61.4.............Y
17..Orlando, Fla.............26.9.............N
18..Dayton, OH..............43.1............N
19..Richmond, VA...........52.3............Y
20..Dallas, TX................23.2............N
21..Philadelphia, Pa.........43.2............Y
22..Youngstown, Ohio......43.8...........N
23..Cleveland, OH...........54.2............Y
24..Oakland, Calif...........35.7.............Y
25..Minneapolis, MN........18.0.............N

Safest 25:...................%AA...Largest Segment?
1...Amherst, N.Y...........3.90............N
2...Mission Viejo, Ca......1.15............N
3...Brick Twnshp, N.J.....0.99............N
4...Newton, Mass..........1.97............N
5...Simi Valley, CA.........1.30............N
6...Cary, NC.................6.15............N
7...Greece, N.Y.............2.88............N
8...Thousand Oaks, CA...1.06............N
9...Colonie, N.Y.............3.96............N
10..Troy, MI..................2.09...........N
11..Sunnyvale, CA..........2.22...........N
12..Arvada, CO..............0.66...........N
13..Lake Forest, CA........1.83...........N
14..Orem, UT.................0.33...........N
15..Clarkstown, N.Y........7.87...........N
16..Sterling Heights, MI...1.30...........N
17..Irvine, CA................1.45...........N
18..Hamilton Twnshp, NJ..8.16..........N
19..Warwick, RI..............1.16..........N
20..Dover Twnshp, NJ......1.75..........N
21..Canton Twnshp, MI....4.54..........N
22..Cheektowaga, NY.......2.93..........N
23..Fremont, CA..............3.10..........N
24..Bellevue, WA.............1.99..........N
25..Farmington Hills, MI....6.94..........N

Old 11-22-2009, 11:16 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,788,855 times
Quote:
Stopping people based on race, unfortunately is backed by the empirical data. It's simply playing the odds.

So if a certain ethnic group wants to stop being profiled as the thugs, they need to work inside their own community to change that perception.

Here's some data. If you were a cop, what would your practical, real world reaction be? Where *your* behind is in the line of fire???

Rankings by Population Group

Most Dangerous 25:.......%AA Largest Segment?
1...Detroit, Mich.............81.6............Y
2...Atlanta, Ga...............61.4............Y
3...St. Louis, Mo.............51.2............Y
4...Flint, Mich.................53.3............Y
5...Camden, N.J..............53.3............Y
6...Gary, Ind..................84.0............Y
7...West Palm Beach, FL..36.2............N
8...Compton, Calif...........40.3............N
9...Tampa, FL................26.1.............N
10..Washington, D.C.......55.6.............Y
11..Jackson, Miss...........70.6.............Y
12..Newark, N.J.............53.5.............Y
13..Kansas City, MO.......31.2.............Y
14..Miami-Dade, FL........17.5..............N
15..New Orleans, La.......67.3..............Y
16..Memphis, Tenn.........61.4.............Y
17..Orlando, Fla.............26.9.............N
18..Dayton, OH..............43.1............N
19..Richmond, VA...........52.3............Y
20..Dallas, TX................23.2............N
21..Philadelphia, Pa.........43.2............Y
22..Youngstown, Ohio......43.8...........N
23..Cleveland, OH...........54.2............Y
24..Oakland, Calif...........35.7.............Y
25..Minneapolis, MN........18.0.............N

Safest 25:...................%AA...Largest Segment?
1...Amherst, N.Y...........3.90............N
2...Mission Viejo, Ca......1.15............N
3...Brick Twnshp, N.J.....0.99............N
4...Newton, Mass..........1.97............N
5...Simi Valley, CA.........1.30............N
6...Cary, NC.................6.15............N
7...Greece, N.Y.............2.88............N
8...Thousand Oaks, CA...1.06............N
9...Colonie, N.Y.............3.96............N
10..Troy, MI..................2.09...........N
11..Sunnyvale, CA..........2.22...........N
12..Arvada, CO..............0.66...........N
13..Lake Forest, CA........1.83...........N
14..Orem, UT.................0.33...........N
15..Clarkstown, N.Y........7.87...........N
16..Sterling Heights, MI...1.30...........N
17..Irvine, CA................1.45...........N
18..Hamilton Twnshp, NJ..8.16..........N
19..Warwick, RI..............1.16..........N
20..Dover Twnshp, NJ......1.75..........N
21..Canton Twnshp, MI....4.54..........N
22..Cheektowaga, NY.......2.93..........N
23..Fremont, CA..............3.10..........N
24..Bellevue, WA.............1.99..........N
25..Farmington Hills, MI....6.94..........N

Old 11-22-2009, 11:18 AM

11 posts, read 15,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Maybe not, but I don't see how mentioning IQ levels are suppose to be helpful to anyone.
I do. We continuously try to pull people "up" into professions and education levels they really can't meet. No amount of affirmative action is going to overcome genetic differences.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:24 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
I am sure you can't understand it. you live in this perfect world, that many of the rest of can only asspire to be a part of.

But, yes, I can give examples, In some neighborhoods on the south side of Chicago, if a white person is seen driving through the area, the police will stop them, because they are white, and the police believe that the only reason a white person would be in that area would be to buy drugs. So yes, they police are stopping the person based on the color of their skin.

Now my sister in law was driving her new Mercedes in one of the north west suburbs of Chicago, and she was pulled over because the police seen a black person driving a 100k+ car, and assumed it must be stolen.

here is two examples of people being stopped because of the color of their skin.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:36 AM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
I don't see where the poster that you quoted mentioned anything about IQ. I don't think the poster that you quoted was attempting to offer any solutions. I don't think the fact that most black crime is perpetrated against other blacks in any way refutes the posters claim.

Finally, you are correct. The majority of blacks do not commit crimes. I've not heard anyone suggest that this may be the case. Assuming that blacks commit most crimes, it does not follow that most blacks commit crime. That's not logical. I think that's where your thinking goes off the track. Nobody is saying that.

- Reel
Actually, you did mention something about IQ scores.http://www.city-data.com/forum/11703181-post108.html

My own question is who gets tested and where? I question alot of things.

We are on the same page. Most Blacks do not committ crimes. The question I post is if most Blacks don't committ crimes, why judge the rest of the population based on what you see a few people do?

Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
, if a white person is seen driving through the area, the police will stop them, because they are white, and the police believe that the only reason a white person would be in that area would be to buy drugs. .

Which is the correct thing to do. Listen, black crime rates are high, but they are quickly being overshadowed by the Hispanic crime waves spreading through the US faster than H1N1. This country needs an enema to flush all the crap out of the US.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:41 AM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNJ12 View Post
I do. We continuously try to pull people "up" into professions and education levels they really can't meet. No amount of affirmative action is going to overcome genetic differences.
If that was so, then I would have a job to. I went to school, got good grades and I am in college now. I can't find a job. Your genetic argument is a lie because I am African-American and I am in college, not out there committing crimes. My parents taught me better. I may get angry, but I am not out there committing crimes and preying on the population. I had parents in my life making sure I was doing my school work, making sure I was filling out my college applications. That is why I am in college now. My father had someone making sure his work was done. That is why he had two degrees. Your genetics argument is a farce. Many persons do not have persons making sure they follow a good path, so it is easy for many people to get involved in pathologies such as crime. Don't give me that genetics crap because if genetics had anything to do with it, I wouldn't even be in college, I would be in jail somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies