U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 05:10 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,166,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I see nothing in your quoted text that would back up your claim.
From the quoted text:
Quote:
Founded in 2003, The George Washington University Homeland Security Policy Institute (HSPI) is a nonpartisan “think and do” tank whose mission is to build bridges between theory and practice to advance homeland security through an interdisciplinary approach.
Note the underlined sections. Since Obama began running for president in the 2008 primaries, why would he have a 'transition team' in place in 2003? This is a group that is associated with George Washington University, NOT Obama or any other politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I would have a lot more respect for and pay a lot more attention to the "conservative" populace if they had the integrity to speak the truth to this kind of nonsense. If they would stand up and say; "You know darned well this guy was in the audience.....along with hundreds of other people....during a symposium and has nothing at all to do with Obama" I would at least start thinking that they had respect for the truth. I might then start believing that what they believe had enough substance that it didn't have to depend upon a web of lies to stand.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 11-20-2009, 05:14 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,075,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Funny that the liberals still try and argue facts. This guy was a part of this, not just an audience member. That is the administration trying to cover themselves. He wouldn't have been listed as one of the transition team if he wasn't. What is it with you liberals, every lie coming out of the WH or Washington in general is ALWAYS in there favor. That is calculated and not at all a coincidence.
READ THE BILL...I MEAN...THE DOCUMENT.

The idiocy is just astounding around here. William F. Buckley, Jr. is rolling in his grave at the thought that radical rightwingers are calling themselves conservatives.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:25 AM

366 posts, read 221,936 times
This is a non-issue.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
He wasn't just a simple audience member...read the document, read the list of participants...he wasn't just an audience member...now I would like to now why he was there, who chose him, etc.
First let us get it straight that this document and the ... meeting, symposium or whatever you want to call it ... had absolutely NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with Obama! The group was founded in 2003; the initial meetings in preparation for the symposium in question took place in April of 2008 and if you read the thing it keeps saying "the president should..." without ever specifying or naming the president. Because these were recommendations for WHOEVER would be the next president.
BTW, I guess you've never been to a symposium, have you? That's how they work - taking suggestions and remarks from anyone in the audience. And anyone in the audience is usually called a 'participant.'

Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,054,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Didn't Gloomy-Days get caught in a lie yesterday also?

Seems to be trending, lie, distort, mis-represent, and spin, as long as it can conceivably be linked to Obama no matter how tenous the association.

Somebody break out the anti-psychotropics!

Prove it? I missed it ole perfect one. Please link it so I can prove you wrong once again.

I copied the info direct from the source.

I will wait for the apology.

How can the official document shown to you be a lie?

Old 11-20-2009, 08:42 AM

49,073 posts, read 39,528,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Prove it? I missed it ole perfect one. Please link it so I can prove you wrong once again.

I copied the info direct from the source.

I will wait for the apology.

How can the official document shown to you be a lie?

You see, the original poster claimed it was a list of people on Obama's transition team.

The posted list with the mans name on it was a list of people that attended a meeting\seminar.

Here is the ACTUAL list of people on Obama's transition team....
Minnesota Vikings | Player Roster

I feel that my link is as accurate and truthful presentation of Obama's transition team as the one put forth by the OP.

I mean seriously people, remember when the extreme-liberals would come up with all these crazy attacks on Bush that were non-sensical? Like him causing Hurricane Katrina with weather machines or blowing up the levees? You remember how stupid they looked? This is you now.

So, if you oppose the policies why not put forth your energies there instead of making up stuff like this and destroying your credibility? Speaking as an independent swing voter, stuff like this isn't going to be swallowed by anyone that isn't wildly partisan to the point of illogic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies