Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of feminism?
I approve of feminism 57 58.16%
I strongly disapprove of feminism 41 41.84%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 04:05 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,833,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yes, there is a reason but it is not what you infer. Hint: A wise man is well aquainted with the timeless truths contained in Kipling's "The Female of the Species" The Female Of The Species by Rudyard Kipling
No, a wise man is well acquainted with the word of God. But we're obviously from different schools of thought .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM

What I do know is that there are many strong, working, independent-minded women who agree with the man being the head of the household, but oh well...

MrMcCoySays quietly tip-toes out of thread, sight unseen, with his balls in his hands

Old 11-20-2009, 04:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
What I do know is that there are many strong, working, independent-minded women who agree with the man being the head of the household, but oh well...

MrMcCoySays quietly tip-toes out of thread, sight unseen, with his balls in his hands
mrmcoy if the woman agrees that a man should be "head of household" that is her choice and if it is ok for her thats fine. many women prefer to be on an even keel. it is all about choice. you may keep your balls where they belong....no worries

Old 11-20-2009, 04:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
My wife's presence would be just as important as mine, her role in our children's lives is irreplaceable, and I also want her to fulfill all her dreams... BUT I am a firm believer in the man taking charge and keeping order in the home.

There's a reason men were created physically dominant""

Wha!? So she's easier to beat? To subdue? So you do all the housework cause you're stronger??

and less inclined to act on emotion (generally speaking).
Oh brother

Ya, men are so unemotional....how many times have a heard on the news about some"unemotional" man whose wife or girlfriend dumps him and he goes back and kills her, their kids, her mother...Yuppers! No acting on emotion there!!!

AND have you no idea how many women work and raise kids without a man present??? ANY thought to that at all.....????

Old 11-20-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh brother

Ya, men are so unemotional....how many times have a heard on the news about some"unemotional" man whose wife or girlfriend dumps him and he goes back and kills her, their kids, her mother...Yuppers! No acting on emotion there!!!

AND have you no idea how many women work and raise kids without a man present??? ANY thought to that at all.....????
Yes. And I happen to be very fond of one in particular...MY MOTHER.

And house work should be shared between both the man and the woman. Not just pushed off on the woman. And if she expects me to wash the dishes and do the laundry, I expect her to take out the trash and wash the cars.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:

And house work should be shared between both the man and the woman. Not just pushed off on the woman. And if she expects me to wash the dishes and do the laundry, I expect her to take out the trash and wash the cars.

SO YOU WANT IT TO BE EQUAL. Why! I thought you were so much stronger! Surely you should do more then, ...right...right???...Yoo hoo!! Right!?
So...you have it right (single woman doing it all)there in front of you and can't see it......????

Well, if making yourself the Big Chief fluffs your ego...I guess that's all that counts.

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 11-20-2009 at 05:33 PM..

Old 11-20-2009, 05:43 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,463,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And if the man wants the woman to bear "the fruit of his loins" and then leaves, the woman is screwed and trapped for the rest of her life.

Guess what, life isn't fair.
It's ultimately the woman's choice.

If you don't want to get caught, get sterilized or don't play.

Women can't get pregnant without sperm.
Do you think this is an acceptable answer for women? "You can't get an abortion. If you wanted to have sex but not a baby - get sterilized or don't play"

Honestly - if someone said that to you, you would probably find that statement misogynistic, right?

So how is your statment any less anti-male?

Old 11-20-2009, 05:53 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,463,677 times
As for original question.

Good feminism:

Equal Pay
Right to vote
Equality under the law
You know, all the basics.

Bad feminism:
All sex is rape
Father's don't matter
Men are pigs
Women with traditional values are'nt "real women"
In-utero babies are parasites

Feminism has done some great things, but it has also gone down some pretty dark paths. The term feminazi is spot on when applied to radicals like Andrea Dworkin and Catherine Mckinnon.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So...you have it right (single woman doing it all)there in front of you and can't see it......????

Well, if making yourself the Big Chief fluffs your ego...I guess that's all that counts.
Finally! I was wondering when one of you ladies was going to play the "ego" card.

Oh, and can you show me where I said that a single woman can't take care of things on her own?

Old 11-20-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Finally! I was wondering when one of you ladies was going to play the "ego" card.

Oh, and can you show me where I said that a single woman can't take care of things on her own?
Yes, declaring yurself "head of the house' is ego...there's no reason, no logic.

And, GEE, you missed this part of my post:

Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays

Who?Me?!: SO YOU WANT IT TO BE EQUAL. Why! I thought you were so much stronger! Surely you should do more then, ...right...right???...Yoo hoo!! Right!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies