Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of feminism?
I approve of feminism 57 58.16%
I strongly disapprove of feminism 41 41.84%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 07:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,827,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, declaring yurself "head of the house' is ego...there's no reason, no logic.
In your mind it may mean that, but in reality it doesn't. A man being the head of the house is in no way implying that he is better, superior, or more important than the woman.

Quote:
And, GEE, you missed this part of my post:

Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays
Yes. And I happen to be very fond of one in particular...MY MOTHER.

And house work should be shared between both the man and the woman. Not just pushed off on the woman. And if she expects me to wash the dishes and do the laundry, I expect her to take out the trash and wash the cars.

Who?Me?!: SO YOU WANT IT TO BE EQUAL. Why! I thought you were so much stronger! Surely you should do more then, ...right...right???...Yoo hoo!! Right!?
I'll ask you again...please show me where I said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 07:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
In your mind it may mean that, but in reality it doesn't. A man being the head of the house is in no way implying that he is better, superior, or more important than the woman.""

Then W H Y should he be the head of the house? Unless it's an ego thing.

""""I'll ask you again...please show me where I said that.
RIGHT HERE:

And house work should be shared between both the man and the woman. Not just pushed off on the woman. And if she expects me to wash the dishes and do the laundry, I expect her to take out the trash and wash the cars.""""

Read the bolded part...you seem to think the WORK should be equally shared!

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 11-20-2009 at 08:16 PM..

Old 11-20-2009, 07:42 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,153,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
as a single dad who raised 2 daughters by himself cause mom got liberated and dumped dad expecting costudy and the perks i say. be careful what you wish for, it was a sad day when my daughters had to tell a judge they wanted to live with me.totally unnessary. but she was convinced she would win and get big child support bucks. i collected child support from her for 9 years and still paid for them after age 19. mom never chipped in a dime. hope she feels liberated
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
What I've heard from a friend is that feminists don't want equality. Do you think its okay for women to beat their men and get away with it?
I think it's pretty silly to piggy back trash to feminism. For those of you that choose partners poorly, or simply fall into the bracket of birds of a feather, I fail to see the merit of generalizing onto an entire gender. Some men beat their wives, don't pay child support, etc. Some women beat their husbands, don't pay child support, etc. To blame entire genders for either, or movements of equality, is assinine to the nth degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
What are your views on feminism? Do you approve or oppose it?
My views on feminism are pretty simple. Deal with me as a human being, treat me fairly, don't thwart opportunity, and stay out of my way; just as I will surely stay out of yours. It's not that complicated.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 PM

395 posts, read 509,949 times
I support it, but I think it's stupid.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,642,013 times
Back in the late 60s, after an unusually torrid relationship with a woman who went out for a pack of smokes and never came back, I decided to travel to India to find myself and maybe some truth in life. After wandering the low mountains, someone told me of a great guru who lived in a cave. I brought offerings of rice cakes and climbed the mountain to see if he would speak to me. When I arrived at the mouth of the cave, he was sitting in the lotus position and meditating. After three days, he finally opened his eyes and looked at me and said, "What is your question, my son?" I said, "Oh Rimpoche, What do women want?" He looked at me darkly and said, "How the hell should I know? I've been stuck in this cave for the last 30 years. If you want to know what women want you must go into the village and live among them. Trust me, they will tell you what they want."

I thanked him and extended the rice cakes in thanks for his advice and he said, "Get thee away and take those crummy rice cakes with you. Next time bring meat!"

I returned to San Francisco and found the girl who had left me the year before and told her of my encounter. She said, "I thought you'd be dead in a gutter by now." So I married her best friend.

After 35 years of marriage and 2 sons, I still hadn't figured out what women want until one day, my wife came home from shopping and I greeted her at the car and said, "Look honey, I repaired the roof tiles, and used the extra cement to fix the cracks in the sidewalk!" She looked at the roof and sniffed, "Did you repair the toilet in the spare bathroom?" I said "no" and slunk back into the house with a cord of toilet paper she just bought at Best Buy.

But then it hit me. After 35 years I had a realization. What do women want? They want More.
Whatever it is, they want more. They are the drivers, the motivators and the judges of when enough is enough in a relationship. The honey-do list of life with a woman is endless. But without her constant quest for more in the relationship, I'd be wearing striped pants with a checkered shirt and white shoes, still waiting for that girl to come back from the store with her smokes.

Last edited by mohawkx; 11-20-2009 at 08:32 PM..

Old 11-20-2009, 08:24 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,827,511 times
Quote:
RIGHT HERE:

And house work should be shared between both the man and the woman. Not just pushed off on the woman. And if she expects me to wash the dishes and do the laundry, I expect her to take out the trash and wash the cars.""""

Read the bolded part...you seem to think the WORK should be equally shared!
That's me saying that house chores aren't woman's work. How does that translate into me saying that a single mother is incapable of running a household?

Single mothers everywhere are doing excellent jobs juggling work, home, and parenthood. (However, I should point out that it's not the same thing as having a man around. Especially when raising boys)

Old 11-20-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
That's me saying that house chores aren't woman's work. How does that translate into me saying that a single mother is incapable of running a household?""

DUHHHH, it doesn't and I hope you can comprehend that...I have a feeling you're being deliberately obtuse.
You saying, """And if she expects me to wash the dishes and do the laundry, I expect her to take out the trash and wash the cars.""""

indicates you want EQUALITY in the chores.

""Single mothers everywhere are doing excellent jobs juggling work, home, and parenthood. (However, I should point out that it's not the same thing as having a man around. Especially when raising boys)

Why? Are boys special somehow? I don't think so, they're equal to girls and ALL children need practical loving guidance...no difference....no one more important than the other.

Ya, without their father boys can only hope to be ....

PRESIDENT of the United States...oh, what Obama could've done if only he had a father!!!!

Some kids without fathers don't get beaten or raped, some kids without fathers don't see their mothers abused..or RULED! That's a good thing.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:48 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,167,795 times
Quote:
Ya, without their father boys can only hope to be ....

PRESIDENT of the United States...oh, what Obama could've done if only he had a father!!!!

Some kids without fathers don't get beaten or raped, some kids without fathers don't see their mothers abused..or RULED! That's a good thing.
But:

In a review of 23 recent U.S. studies published in peerreviewed journals between 2000 and June 2005, all but three found some family structure effects on crime or delinquency. Married parents appear to reduce both the individual risk and the overall rates of crime. That is, recent research strongly suggests both that young adults and teens raised in single-parent homes are more likely to commit crimes, and that communities with high rates of family fragmentation suffer higher crime rates as a result.

http://www.marriagedebate.com/pdf/im...mstructure.pdf

Old 11-20-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
But:

In a review of 23 recent U.S. studies published in peerreviewed journals between 2000 and June 2005, all but three found some family structure effects on crime or delinquency. Married parents appear to reduce both the individual risk and the overall rates of crime. That is, recent research strongly suggests both that young adults and teens raised in single-parent homes are more likely to commit crimes, and that communities with high rates of family fragmentation suffer higher crime rates as a result.

http://www.marriagedebate.com/pdf/im...mstructure.pdf

That may be true but certainly doesn't refute my post

Old 11-21-2009, 12:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Oh please, as though your posts don't contain any baiting?

I have not complained about other I have asked the feminists to show me where they stand and to this point, neither you, or other have done so. The silence of the feminists on these issues is deafening.
As for "projection" take a good hard look in the mirror and at your own posts. I think you are guilty of your own accusations.

You do not know me. I hate no one, not feminists and not women. I love life and all the good encompassed by this gift we've been given.

To say that no one should breed...the obvious result being the disappearence of the human race...is disturbing at so very many levels, including that of loathing of women and the responsibilty granted to them for the perpetuation of the human race. No, I am not the one projecting.

Good luck to you. I wish you peace.
I've now asked 3 times where you stand on a question you posed.
Still no answer.
I've asked what actions you've taken because you vilify others for not taking actions.
Dancing around the topic, are you?
You condemn others for not taking action on an issue that you're apparently not taking action, either.

There's a big difference between you and me; I'm not trying to force my beliefs on others; you apparently are.
You can go back a few pages and see where you shower nothing but contempt on women because they are feminists and aren't living up to your expectations.

You have made clearly misogynistic statements and were called on them.
You chose not to respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies