U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of feminism?
I approve of feminism 57 58.16%
I strongly disapprove of feminism 41 41.84%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,067,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I can think very little of the opposite gender due to the fact that some of y'all are coming here spreading nonsense.

I have considered counseling, but I'm busy building my career since women like men with money.

Yes, American women are prone to filing for divorce more quickly than men. There's men who are like that too.
When confronted, you shoot down your own comments.
Why would I need a man with money?
I have a career, live a pretty fabulous existence, travel the world and don't have an anchor around my ankles to stop me.

You have a pretty skewed view of the world.

What nonsense are we spreading?
We're finding your every changing arguments and stepping back from them pretty funny and unfortunately typical.
I don't think any of the feared feminists who are posting look at all men as we do at you, an individual male.
We're a little more mature than that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 11:18 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,172,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
true life happens. lets keep this one positive
never mind its hopeless. thanx to those who responded positively.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
I actually live alone, thankfully!
No surprise.
Can't find a woman to take hostage?
I get it, they've fought back.

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
started out good part of civil rights but the tool to establish a level playing field rapidly got fashioned into a weapon. what started out as a plea for power share quickly turned into a power grab. as to the moral giant predicted by gloria steinem a giant who was to rise to reform home and office, it did not happen. it would appear that we become what we hate.

5,660 posts, read 6,580,164 times
That you women are coming on here calling me a misogynists. When people spread nonsense, I try not to react of their ridiculous trash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
When confronted, you shoot down your own comments.
Why would I need a man with money?
I have a career, live a pretty fabulous existence, travel the world and don't have an anchor around my ankles to stop me.

You have a pretty skewed view of the world.

What nonsense are we spreading?
We're finding your every changing arguments and stepping back from them pretty funny and unfortunately typical.
I don't think any of the feared feminists who are posting look at all men as we do at you, an individual male.
We're a little more mature than that.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,580,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No surprise.
Can't find a woman to take hostage?
I get it, they've fought back.
No, don't want to deal with a nagging animal.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:23 PM

33,949 posts, read 32,392,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
what makes you think that? Not that it matters. Just wondering why it would be any thing other than very close to 50%
Last US census in 2000:

138.1 million (male)
143.4 million (female)

2007 estimates say 51.35% female and 48.65% male.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Ah, so you think women are simply animals and lesser than you.
This is getting better all the time.

Do you realize what you're revealing about yourself?

This is going to be great sport, but I have to run & have plans for after work.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:34 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,002,940 times
Quote:

This post speaks volumes.

I hope it bothers you at night to think that I have rights to an abortion and that I am working toward my career.

I hope it bothers you that I don't need a man and do not believe that marriage is sacred. I would have no problem divorcing my husband if he ever does anything to me.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:41 PM

12,976 posts, read 11,794,980 times
It really is quite simple. A feminist is anyone that supports the notion of political, economic and social equality of the sexes. The belief that each individual is a valuable human being in his or her own right. Feminists can be anyone in the population, man or woman. Anyone that believes and supports the notion is a feminist.

Are you honestly surprised that your poll has ruffled feathers? How can anyone make the assumption that I am a lesser person by virtue of the fact that I was born a woman, without knowing the first thing about me?

Perhaps my views of feminism have strengthened even more now that I have a daughter. I want her to believe that she is just as capable as anyone else, and can follow her dreams, even if she is "just a girl". Is that really such a bad thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies