Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of feminism?
I approve of feminism 57 58.16%
I strongly disapprove of feminism 41 41.84%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 02:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Nothing is 100%. Sometimes it can recanalize. Suppose if it fails and the woman accidentally gets pregnant? If a woman is stubborn enough to keep the thing, the man is screwed and trapped.
And if the man wants the woman to bear "the fruit of his loins" and then leaves, the woman is screwed and trapped for the rest of her life.

Guess what, life isn't fair.
It's ultimately the woman's choice.

If you don't want to get caught, get sterilized or don't play.

Women can't get pregnant without sperm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 02:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
If one wants kids and the other doesn't, that person should go along with their spouse's wishes to never have children. But no, they divorce over something petty.

No-fault divorce is becoming ridiculous!

ok west, really...you want to be "stuck" with some woman and have a court say the reason you want to leave her is not good enough? you best re think this one

Old 11-20-2009, 02:28 PM

122 posts, read 202,638 times
my girlfriend (who considers herself an equity feminist) and i have these conversations all the time about how not all feminists are the same. my argument is always, yeah, that may be true, but when the idiot, radical ones are the only groups that make sure they are heard, what do expect peoples' view of feminism to be?? its like the more moderate humanist-type feminist are scared to be known and publicly denounce the more radical zero-sum, either you're with us are against us feminists.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:29 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
ok west, really...you want to be "stuck" with some woman and have a court say the reason you want to leave her is not good enough? you best re think this one
Well women are prone to filing for divorce these days basically for the man's money and his assets.

They can cheat on a man, divorce him he's screwed financially. I won't get into which race of women are prone to that.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Well women are prone to filing for divorce these days basically for the man's money and his assets.

They can cheat on a man, divorce him he's screwed financially. I won't get into which race of women are prone to that.
you a troll and a racist with posts like this?

Old 11-20-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOWN_REPRESENTA View Post
my girlfriend (who considers herself an equity feminist) and i have these conversations all the time about how not all feminists are the same. my argument is always, yeah, that may be true, but when the idiot, radical ones are the only groups that make sure they are heard, what do expect peoples' view of feminism to be?? its like the more moderate humanist-type feminist are scared to be known and publicly denounce the more radical zero-sum, either you're with us are against us feminists.

maybe it is just my generation but I think of women as feminist because they are women. radical or not...that is the individual

Old 11-20-2009, 02:34 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
No, just speaking from my perspective. Watch the news, watch the videos on YouTube, watch reality television. Women create their own stereotypes.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:35 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
If one wants kids and the other doesn't, that person should go along with their spouse's wishes to never have children. But no, they divorce over something petty.

No-fault divorce is becoming ridiculous!
If they have this discussion before the wedding and either is adamant about never wanting kids, then that one should see to it that a pregnancy never happens - tubal ligation for her or vasectomy for him. If the one who wants kids is the adamant one, then maybe they shouldn't get married in the first place. But neither should have to 'go along' with the other.
This is why, though I married my late husband about six weeks after I met him, I fully believe that 'waiting periods' of a month or more should be imposed on all couples who apply for a marriage license - give them time to have discussions on this kind of issue.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
if not troll or racist I would say you have the wrong idea of women in general and you would be much happier if you changed your mindset to reality.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:37 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
But don't you see that a lot of crap gets thrown at the term "feminists" that has nothing to do with feminism and then we're vilified for it?

Talk radio with the "feminazi" garbage; outright lies associated with "feminism" ...

Every woman's group is not necessarily a "feminist" group, nor are they associating with "feminism" but with certain women's issues. Health care is a women's issue, not necessarily a feminist issue.

Feminism is bandied around (and has been since the likes of Phyllis Schafly - who worked outside of the home) redefined feminism from what it was into demonizing all women who don't fit the "conservative" mold. She made her money from the women's movement.

Attacks on all women separate and divide them; it, too is a political ploy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies