U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What do you think of feminism?
I approve of feminism 57 58.16%
I strongly disapprove of feminism 41 41.84%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
5,660 posts, read 6,585,599 times
Reputation: 2429

Advertisements

What are your views on feminism? Do you approve or oppose it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 PM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,007,688 times
Reputation: 3384
I approve. No doubt about it.

Should women just sit at home and breed babies all day and be the [MOD CUT/language] of men? Don't think so.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-19-2009 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 PM
 
Location: In the Axis of Time
164 posts, read 263,863 times
Reputation: 142
I think men are becoming(and expected) to be more feminist in the 21st century. However i think woman should have equal rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 15,776,656 times
Reputation: 3123
I am a stay at home dad, I am all for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 PM
 
Location: here
24,477 posts, read 28,773,973 times
Reputation: 31056
approve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 PM
LML
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,109 posts, read 7,924,594 times
Reputation: 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
What are your views on feminism? Do you approve or oppose it?
What are YOUR views on freedom? On equality of opportunity? On fairness? On decency? Do you look at your daughter and see a lesser person than you see when you look at your son? Do you think a person's mind, spirit, soul, ability are contained in their genitalia?

Personally I believe that ALL PEOPLE are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. Among them are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

By golly, I guess I'm a feminist. I'm an old lady now and I well remember what it was like to grow up in a time when those rights were NOT protected for women and I praise God that my daughters and my granddaughters do not live in such a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:39 PM
 
19,216 posts, read 12,476,040 times
Reputation: 2337
I'm not sure I understand what feminism is.

From everything I've read, though, I'd of thought it would have been called anti-feminism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:48 PM
 
Location: mancos
7,047 posts, read 6,176,997 times
Reputation: 4541
as a single dad who raised 2 daughters by himself cause mom got liberated and dumped dad expecting costudy and the perks i say. be careful what you wish for, it was a sad day when my daughters had to tell a judge they wanted to live with me.totally unnessary. but she was convinced she would win and get big child support bucks. i collected child support from her for 9 years and still paid for them after age 19. mom never chipped in a dime. hope she feels liberated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
5,660 posts, read 6,585,599 times
Reputation: 2429
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
What are YOUR views on freedom? On equality of opportunity? On fairness? On decency? Do you look at your daughter and see a lesser person than you see when you look at your son? Do you think a person's mind, spirit, soul, ability are contained in their genitalia?

Personally I believe that ALL PEOPLE are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. Among them are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

By golly, I guess I'm a feminist. I'm an old lady now and I well remember what it was like to grow up in a time when those rights were NOT protected for women and I praise God that my daughters and my granddaughters do not live in such a time.
What I've heard from a friend is that feminists don't want equality. Do you think its okay for women to beat their men and get away with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 PM
LML
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,109 posts, read 7,924,594 times
Reputation: 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
as a single dad who raised 2 daughters by himself cause mom got liberated and dumped dad expecting costudy and the perks i say. be careful what you wish for, it was a sad day when my daughters had to tell a judge they wanted to live with me.totally unnessary. but she was convinced she would win and get big child support bucks. i collected child support from her for 9 years and still paid for them after age 19. mom never chipped in a dime. hope she feels liberated
She wasn't being a feminist or liberated. She was just being selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top