Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:48 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times

Advertisements

This video says it all

Video - Lindsey Graham Destroys Eric Holder - Congress
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 03:59 AM
KoT

103 posts, read 186,471 times

Old 11-19-2009, 04:07 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Looked as though Graham had some rehearsed and well-researched points to make, and Holder was tolerant and accomodating. AG Holder must choose his words very carefully and I applaud him for being very patient with that reb from from SC.

Win for Holder.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Looked as though Graham had some rehearsed and well-researched points to make, and Holder was tolerant and accomodating. AG Holder must choose his words very carefully and I applaud him for being very patient with that reb from from SC.

Win for Holder.
looks like we have never used civilian court to try a enemy comabantant

Old 11-19-2009, 04:55 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Hmmmmmm....
Maybe it's because,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THEY ARE NOT CIVILIANS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Hmmmmmm....
Maybe it's because,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THEY ARE NOT CIVILIANS!!!!!!!!!!
it sabotu them attacking Bush and Cheney not prosecuting KSM

Old 11-19-2009, 05:03 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post

WHAT DOES IT SAY??

That we elected a bunch of Bone-Heads into power?? That we hold GITMO detainees in higher regard than FOX News?

What does it say??

Hey....this guys has a soft spot for terrorists anyway.....

Quote:
How Eric Holder fixed the FALN pardons

By Michelle Malkin • January 9, 2009 10:18 AM
The Los Angeles Times, mirabile dictu, breaks from the Obamedia pack and does some digging into Attorney General nominee Eric Holder’s past history as a political fixer for the Puerto Rican FALN terrorists (hat tip – Debra).

Eric Holder pushed for controversial clemency - Los Angeles Times

Eric Holder pushed for controversial clemency

As deputy attorney general in 1999, Holder -- now attorney general nominee -- pressed subordinates to drop objections to clemency for 16 members of violent Puerto Rican nationalist organizations.

January 09, 2009|Josh Meyer and Tom Hamburger
WASHINGTON — Attorney general nominee Eric H. Holder Jr. repeatedly pushed some of his subordinates at the Clinton Justice Department to drop their opposition to a controversial 1999 grant of clemency to 16 members of two violent Puerto Rican nationalist organizations, according to interviews and documents.
Details of the role played by Holder, who was deputy attorney general at the time, had not been publicly known until now. The new details are of particular interest because Republican senators have vowed to revisit Holder's role during his confirmation hearings next week.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:

Win for Holder.
No one could look at that video and give points to Holden, he didnt answer one question and got schooled over and over. Graham very clearly laid out the problem with these individuals going to a criminal court system, and these people proclaim to be constitutional lawyers and dont have a dam clue.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:59 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,314,902 times
Quote:

Win for Holder.
and right is wrong, up is down, black is white, all in a liberals backward mind.

Holder looked like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:23 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,241 times
I'll ignore all the partisan B.S. that the rest of the responses have and just say that I think trying KSM in NYC is a TERRIBLE idea....

One question I would ask is that with regard to this, it seems the Right wants to go the route of "He's NOT a civilian, he's an enemy combatant!!!!" and then when it comes down to rights under the Geneva Convention "They are NOT enemy combatants!!!"

So what gives? I mean I know that the ingenious maneuver of waterboarding KSM some 180 times or so is going to make prosecuting him in our courts a royal pain in the arse, but....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies