U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:20 PM

13,155 posts, read 16,896,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I judged her on here interviews, the debate, neither of which placed her in any light than where she placed herself. Before the elections I knew little about Palin, so based my opinion on hwta I saw, I was NOT impressed and had the feeling McCain wasn't that impressed either. Since the elections she has quit her JOB, another unimpressive move, and gone on the speaking and book tour. The lady is about the money, nothing more. I can assure you she does not represent the change people were looking for, heck I am still lost as to what she represents. She complains about the feds spending but then runs a state that takes huge amounts of federal money, including the bailout monies, to me that means she says one thing and does another. She is not qualified to be President and never will be, get used to that idea, it is the reality of her position.
Casper
I don't know about Alaska, but there were states, and companies, that were forced to take the bailout money even though they didn't want to. The Feds said it would make the others look bad, if they didn't all take them. Also, the insider word is that the Feds applied a bit of strong persuasion by saying they'd make it look like that entity wasn't worth saving and that that's why they didn't get bailout money. Just a carefully worded press release would do it. Some took the money and then when they wanted to quickly repay it, the Feds wouldn't accept it. Nobody's perfectly perfect in this scenario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 12:27 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,722,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
She won't quadruple the federal deficit lining the pockets of supporters and corporate partners.

Oh you mean like the bridge to Nowhere?

LOLOLOL Keep em comin (G dropped in her honor)

Quote:
She, unlike our current president, understands that we cannot spend our way out of a recession.
Which of course explains why she was in favor of the stimulus.

Quote:
She understands that the key to solving our economic owes is to cut taxes, cut spending and reduce the federal deficit.
Yeah, that's what Bush said too. How's that working out for us?

Old 11-20-2009, 12:31 PM

13,155 posts, read 16,896,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post

(cutting taxes) How's that working out for us?
I think it works better than increasing taxes and adding to the payload in times of economic woes such as we are going through. Obama is acting like there's an endless supply of money.

Oh, right. There IS. Unlike us, they just print more. Nice when you can do that and never personally have to worry about not being able to pay your bills or keep your home.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:33 PM

900 posts, read 515,924 times
Quote:
She won't quadruple the federal deficit lining the pockets of supporters and corporate partners.

She isn't so stupid she believes she can solve the world's problems with the power of her personal persuasion.

She won't suck up to our enemies while dissing our allies.

She understands you can't negotiate with terrorists like Ahmadinejad.

She, unlike our current president, understands that we cannot spend our way out of a recession.

She understands that the key to solving our economic owes is to cut taxes, cut spending and reduce the federal deficit.
No, you've explained the fiction that causes you and others to worship her. My question was what makes her 'real people', as a previous poster claimed.

As opposed to say, me, or anybody else posting on this forum, or Barack Obama.

Sadly, there are a number of Americans who glorify in the ignorant. Who think it's a badge of honor not to be well read or well informed. Not to have the ability to converse intelligently with other human beings. Not to be able to handle the 'viscous' Kate Couric in an interview.

Thoses the people for whom Sarah Palin has appeal.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:35 PM

900 posts, read 515,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Can we get any sillier?

Obviously you've never seen some of the cartoons and caricatures of Barack Obama that are the staple of the Far Right.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:14 PM

29,010 posts, read 19,035,939 times
Proof you can't dispute the facts.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:19 PM

218 posts, read 494,282 times
It is too funny when libs accuse the right of "celebrity worship" when they bow down before Oprah, Obama, etc. Its funny. If Palin wasn't a threat, the left and media wouldn't be the main ones talking about her. Too funny are the women MSM women trying their best to talk everyone out of buying the book. They just can't stand for a conservative woman to be a celebrity. They prefer Rachel (scary) Maddow.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I think it works better than increasing taxes and adding to the payload in times of economic woes such as we are going through. Obama is acting like there's an endless supply of money.

Oh, right. There IS. Unlike us, they just print more. Nice when you can do that and never personally have to worry about not being able to pay your bills or keep your home.
You do realize that this recession was borne from Bush's policies?

Never mind, that was rhetorical

Old 11-20-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Proof you can't dispute the facts.
Four words for you. "The Bridge to Nowhere"

I suggest you look up the facts. Those facts prove she's a liar and a hypocrite.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:00 PM

4,803 posts, read 3,141,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Four words for you. "The Bridge to Nowhere"

I suggest you look up the facts. Those facts prove she's a liar and a hypocrite.
Facts: Palin originally supported the earmark Ketchikan Bridge (to nowhere) but eventually killed the project choosing to spend the Federal money on other infrastructure programs.

Biden and Obama voted for the funding of the Bridge. You may have forgotten that. They were given a second chance to vote against it when Sen. Coburn wanted to shift the earmark funds to Katrina relief. Soooo, Biden and Obama voted for the Bridge - twice.

Also, you might want to note that Alaska had a multi-billion dollar surplus, therefore, if she wanted to build the bridge, she could have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies