Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:13 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
CIA is above the president in my opinion. Regardless of who it is.
Not necessarily.. The president does after all appoint the head of the agency. However, one could argue that being the head of the CIA is merely a political position. What bothers me is the lack of vetting for a security clearance for the president. It is much easier to run for president and get elected than it is to go through the vetting process, especially as old and traveled as Obama is, not to mention some former individuals he associated himself with that would have prevented him from getting even low level clearance. That of course makes me wonder if the CIA or other top intelligence agencies keep secrets from higher ups for that very reason.

Of course, I should probably keep quiet before my home is stormed by SAD operatives..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Anyone that had anything to do with this scheme should be tried before a grand jury. Pelosi's role was minor compared to Bush and Cheney so I would say give her a reduced sentence in exchange for testifying against them. Same with everyone involved.
Well, there aren't going to be any trials...but you could demand that she no longer speaker of the house right? (Unless you happen to live where you actually get to vote for her.)

I'm merely making a point that

1) most people opinions on the topic follow party lines. (shocking)
2) most people have no clue just how much funny business goes on in each administration. Those seal teams don't sit around playing ping pong.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:32 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Torture, is reading these ridiculous postings.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:02 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, there aren't going to be any trials...but you could demand that she no longer speaker of the house right? (Unless you happen to live where you actually get to vote for her.)

I'm merely making a point that

1) most people opinions on the topic follow party lines. (shocking)
2) most people have no clue just how much funny business goes on in each administration. Those seal teams don't sit around playing ping pong.
Yes, but I am an independent so I have no party line to follow. I just want to see the end of government spying and torture. Those held responsible should be held accountable. I saw put them on trial. There doesn't have to be any punishment other than the embarrassment of being exposed.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:10 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sleep deprivation and making them stand up all day is now torture? What about asking them the same question a bunch of times, or playing Frank Zappa's music, is that torture too?
Amazing what some wackos claim is "torture."

Old 11-19-2009, 03:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Anyone that had anything to do with this scheme should be tried before a grand jury. Pelosi's role was minor compared to Bush and Cheney so I would say give her a reduced sentence in exchange for testifying against them. Same with everyone involved.
OMG, can't you just let things go for awhile...

Nita

Old 11-19-2009, 03:09 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Yes, but I am an independent so I have no party line to follow. I just want to see the end of government spying and torture. Those held responsible should be held accountable. I saw put them on trial. There doesn't have to be any punishment other than the embarrassment of being exposed.
Thankfully we do not have people like you in charge of protecting Americas interests.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:26 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Sure. Sure you are...just how many elections have you even voted in? Who was the last republican you voted for?

You have a serious case of Bush Derangement Syndrome, I saw your posts blaming him for Katrina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies