U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2009, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Texas
32,671 posts, read 17,735,667 times
Reputation: 18762

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
For the 3665134984321542513321 time isnt Bush suppose to be the worst president in history? So why would you want Obama to follow his foot steps

I want Obama to clean up Bush's "footsteps." That boy stepped in somethin' smelly and tracked it all over the White House. Neocons are now claiming they have sinus blockage and there's no stink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
 
19,489 posts, read 13,218,892 times
Reputation: 4887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I want Obama to clean up Bush's "footsteps." That boy stepped in somethin' smelly and tracked it all over the White House. Neocons are now claiming they have sinus blockage and there's no stink.
Problem is, 0bama is not in the White House enough to clean up those footsteps, he is always jetting off to mug for the next photo op.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:04 PM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,352,503 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I want Obama to clean up Bush's "footsteps." That boy stepped in somethin' smelly and tracked it all over the White House. Neocons are now claiming they have sinus blockage and there's no stink.
Then why are you approving of Obama doing the samething you bash Bush for doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:36 PM
 
9,897 posts, read 6,606,739 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Those men and women are risking their lives by serving their country.

They are only there because 0bama commands them to be there. So it is 0bama who is telling them they must risk their lives in Afghanistan, and some of them will die there.

With all that in mind, it is insulting, degrading to the military personnel, and displays a total lack of empathy on the part of 0bama, to joke about them as props for his photo shoot, because they make him look good. Doesn't 0bama realize that these men and women are fighting a real war, and some will die real deaths?

Only another warrior can joke like that. Their Sargent Major or platoon leader can joke like that, because they are chewing the same dirt, but not some pompous frat boy.

But, Our soldiers would like to hear things like this:

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president."

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002


Bush is King when it comes to bad quotes - speaking before thinking, or thinking and dumb enough to say it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:38 PM
 
7,994 posts, read 10,929,243 times
Reputation: 2703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Problem is, 0bama is not in the White House enough to clean up those footsteps, he is always jetting off to mug for the next photo op.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Meeeechelle could get to work cleaning those footsteps. She hangs around the White House a bit more than Bambi. Some work would do her good....maybe help her drop a few pounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 PM
 
2,229 posts, read 1,311,810 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Those men and women are risking their lives by serving their country.

They are only there because 0bama commands them to be there. So it is 0bama who is telling them they must risk their lives in Afghanistan, and some of them will die there.

With all that in mind, it is insulting, degrading to the military personnel, and displays a total lack of empathy on the part of 0bama, to joke about them as props for his photo shoot, because they make him look good. Doesn't 0bama realize that these men and women are fighting a real war, and some will die real deaths?

Only another warrior can joke like that. Their Sargent Major or platoon leader can joke like that, because they are chewing the same dirt, but not some pompous frat boy.
Seems to me the issue here is with chain of command and your issues with authority... not with what the president said.

He didn't asked for "props", he simply stated that their was an oppurtunity for a photo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 03:45 PM
 
2,353 posts, read 1,724,914 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Once again hussein obama .
Once again indeed. The rube who insists upon using Obama's middle name every time as if to infer he's an Islamic Terrorist.

Once again.

Yawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Texas
32,671 posts, read 17,735,667 times
Reputation: 18762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Then why are you approving of Obama doing the samething you bash Bush for doing?

I'm not. You're implying that I agree with the OP. I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top