U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:45 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,050,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Don't let the hypocrites get to you.

Gay marriage will get passed eventually. In the meantime, have you considered moving to a state that does have gay marriage or moving to Canada?

Know you have allies behind you. Including me who is straight and refuses to hate.
Yes..we want to move to Victoria, B.C. BUT I'll miss FOOTBALL!!! AND THANK YOU...BTW..I DO NOT CARE WHAT "THEY" call "it"...JUST GIVE ME EQUAL RIGHTS SINCE I PAY EQUAL TAXES....DO YOU HATE MONGERS GET IT!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 07:55 PM

I would like to say that we all..religious or not "believe" in the Ten Commandments; I see no mention of GAYS...BUT I do see adultery...and by God the majority of anti civil union folks have certainly gone down that path...WHAT HYPOCRITES!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 07:59 PM

One more point...since when does the general populace vote on civil rights....If that were the norm inter ratial marriage would be illegal and forgive me my black friends...but "they" would still "have you picking cotton"...God forgive me for saying that...but we all know it is true! SHAME ON THE U.S.A.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:02 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,004,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Yes..we want to move to Victoria, B.C. BUT I'll miss FOOTBALL!!! AND THANK YOU...BTW..I DO NOT CARE WHAT "THEY" call "it"...JUST GIVE ME EQUAL RIGHTS SINCE I PAY EQUAL TAXES....DO YOU HATE MONGERS GET IT!!!!
I went to British Columbia. It is a VERY BEAUTIFUL place. I went last summer. Canada is a GREAT and GLORIOUS nation which enjoys giving all its citizens freedom and equality.

I would be 100 percent behind gays not paying their taxes or half their taxes since they are considered half citizens.

And you are welcome. As I said, you do have allies. I wish you and your partner the very best in your journey.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,491,655 times
Quote:
One more point...since when does the general populace vote on civil rights....If that were the norm inter ratial marriage would be illegal and forgive me my black friends...but "they" would still "have you picking cotton"...God forgive me for saying that...but we all know it is true! SHAME ON THE U.S.A.
Gay marriage is not a civil rights issue. Neither is traditional marriage.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,004,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What is it then if you do not think it is a civil rights issue?

Old 11-23-2009, 08:29 PM

17,281 posts, read 24,975,828 times
Quote:

Miscegenation laws were a civil rights issue decades ago.

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue today. Just because YOU don't support the right, doesn't mean its not a right.

Unfortunately, too much of the "I don't hate me the homos but don't want them destroying my hetero marriage" are often the same ones who pretend to want no government control over their lives. Apparently, conservatives (minus libertarians) care more about saving a buck on taxes than TRUE liberty and freedom to live LIFE.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:31 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,720,765 times
Quote:
Yes..we want to move to Victoria, B.C. [/b]
When you're there, get the dirty rat bastards to treat their sewage. They dump their raw affluent into the Straits of Juan De Fuca.

It's sickening and in this day and age an unforgivable sin.

Otherwise Victoria is a great place.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I went to British Columbia. It is a VERY BEAUTIFUL place. I went last summer. Canada is a GREAT and GLORIOUS nation which enjoys giving all its citizens freedom and equality.

I would be 100 percent behind gays not paying their taxes or half their taxes since they are considered half citizens.

And you are welcome. As I said, you do have allies. I wish you and your partner the very best in your journey.
Thank you..I get defensive and forget that many straight and/or Christian people are good people and understand what is right is right and GOOD for our supposedly "beacon of freedom" country.

This is just a general statement I would like to tack on...if you do not mind:...Gays are called "abnormal" because most humans are straight...as God meant it to be. That said:The majority of lifeforms on Earth are Hermaphroditic...that is the reality or norm...so with that logic we are all "abnormal"...LOL. And so goes that ridiculous debate about Gays being un natural etc. HATE MONGERS>>>YOU JUST LOST THAT CONVOLUTED REASONING! ARCHIE BUNKER SAYS..."CASE CLOSED"!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 PM

403 posts, read 455,976 times
Quote:
oh yes it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies