Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 02:19 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The Bush obsession rolls on...
Yeah I noticed that....

President Bush we need you!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 02:37 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
One daughter has been arrested; one hasn't. Why do simple facts bother you so much?
1. I have no clue what point you are trying to make.
2. The fact is, Kerry's daughter was NOT arrested. Charges were dropped because she wasn't drunk even by legal standards.
3. What do you think is bothering me????

Quote:
Given the above, at the end of the day what parent will get the media smear? It's really not all that complicated.
Once again -- Huh?

Old 11-20-2009, 02:39 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Sarah Palin may get smeared by the media today, but it won't be for her parenting.
A week from now 99 of 100 people will not know the name of Kerry's daughter. That is, the daughter of a liberal presidential candidate whose was arrested in suspicion of a crime. Gore has had similar issues. As has Bush, Reagan; indeed most all parents. It's part of the territory.

A week from now a conservative presidential candidate's daughter will remain a household name; largely of derision. That is, one who committed no crime; engaged in nothing illegal and who has stepped forward and taken full responsibility for her actions.

All the result of a liberal media smear and you'd do yourself a favor for at least seeing it for what it is.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:48 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
1. I have no clue what point you are trying to make.
2. The fact is, Kerry's daughter was NOT arrested. Charges were dropped because she wasn't drunk even by legal standards.
3. What do you think is bothering me????
The facts apparently. She was arrested. Posted bail. Drunk driving does not require that you blow .08; you can still fail the field sobriety test and be charged; but I agree that they will likely not prosecute.

Senator John Kerry's daughter Alexandra arrested for suspicion of DUI

"LOS ANGELES - Sen. John Kerry's daughter was arrested for suspicion of DUI in Hollywood Thursday, police sources said. . . . Kerry was released on $5,000 bail."

Old 11-20-2009, 03:27 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times
Quote:
The facts apparently. She was arrested. Posted bail. Drunk driving does not require that you blow .08; you can still fail the field sobriety test and be charged; but I agree that they will likely not prosecute.
My bad. I read the report in my local paper this morning which said the breathalyzer was under the limit and she was released and thought that meant she wasn't charged. If charges aren't dropped, it will be only because her father is famous.

Still don't understand why you think I'm "bothered" or what point you are trying to make.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:51 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Tell the truth, if you had to look at John Kerry's face everyday, you would drink too...!

Old 11-20-2009, 03:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
A week from now 99 of 100 people will not know the name of Kerry's daughter. That is, the daughter of a liberal presidential candidate whose was arrested in suspicion of a crime. Gore has had similar issues. As has Bush, Reagan; indeed most all parents. It's part of the territory.

A week from now a conservative presidential candidate's daughter will remain a household name; largely of derision. That is, one who committed no crime; engaged in nothing illegal and who has stepped forward and taken full responsibility for her actions.

All the result of a liberal media smear and you'd do yourself a favor for at least seeing it for what it is.
I don't see the comparison between Kerry's daughter's arrest and Palin's daughter having a baby out of wedlock. Bristol broke no law, but she brought a child into this world at an age when she was pretty young to be a mom. Why do you think Ms. Palin will remain a household name? My DH probably couldn't tell you her name right now. The average person who isn't either a) obsessed with Sarah Palin, or b) isn't obsessed with celebrities, probably doesn't know who she is.

ETA: Bristol hersef went on some speaking tour, for abstinence, no less; keeping her name in the media.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-20-2009 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-24-2009, 01:03 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
This is an awesome thread. Completely partisan people just blasting each other over a non-item in the news.

Heck, I should start a thread about Bugs Bunny and watch it degenerate into blah blah blah Bush....blah blah blah Obama type garbage.

It's like watching monkeys throw feces at each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies