Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Numbers don't lie, the people interpreting their meaning do.

Here is an example of how people lie with numbers.

- Bishop Hill blog - The Yamal*deception

As for the ice caps... The Antarctic is above its 30 year average and has held such for the last 2-3 years. The Arctic reached a near 30 year average this year in April and has yet to fall below the 2007 minimum the past years.

As to what that means, you have to listen to what "people" say and well... people lie.
this is so funny. You bring up Yamal here in 2012.
this thread started in 2009 and my first post here was about Yamal being a deception.... it is still a lie (as you point out) and the wacko's who are driving the CAGW bus are still telling it.

crazy man... just crazy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
7,002,088,012. What's your solution?
higher CO2 levels to help increase plant respiration which naturally leads to higher yields, and reduced need for H2O.

Warmer Earth which leads to pushing the plant growing zones toward the poles. that opens up vast swaths of Canada and Russia to producing food for people.

The problem is, we just have no science that tells us beyond doubt that we can actually get CO2 levels high enough. In fact, Vostoc Ice Cores tell us that as a general rule, CO2 Levels trail warming by about 800 years. Since the Medieval Warming Period was about 800 years ago, the current CO2 levels, reasonable reflect that.... considering there was a following cooling period, it stands to reason that our efforts to increase CO2 will be stymied in the near future

As for a warmer earth, while it is clear that CO2 has a very mild ability to warm the planet, there is zero science that suggests the actual CO2 warming will cause forcing which will lead to additional warming. It appears this is failing the test of reality which means we may not see nearly as much warming as we really need to increase food production… we may all be forced to a 1200 calorie diet if things start to cool down.

On the other hand we might consider sending an ambassador to the sun to ask it to crank back up again. I suggest John Holdren, James Hansen, Michael Mann, Keith Briffa and Phil Jones…. They can take Keith’s tree as a piece offering….

Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
this is so funny. You bring up Yamal here in 2012.
this thread started in 2009 and my first post here was about Yamal being a deception.... it is still a lie (as you point out) and the wacko's who are driving the CAGW bus are still telling it.

crazy man... just crazy...
Well, liars they are, McIntyre finally pinned down the evidence that shows they directly lied about the data concerning it and there is no wiggle room to get out of it.

Problem is, most of these fools going off like this don't even know what the heck we are talking about when we bring it up.

Certainly, a lot more of them need this type of attention for their actions.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...n_Arrested.jpg

Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,780,691 times
Quote:
Numbers don't lie, the people interpreting their meaning do.

Here is an example of how people lie with numbers.

- Bishop Hill blog - The Yamal*deception

As for the ice caps... The Antarctic is above its 30 year average and has held such for the last 2-3 years. The Arctic reached a near 30 year average this year in April and has yet to fall below the 2007 minimum the past years.

As to what that means, you have to listen to what "people" say and well... people lie.
Your damn right people lie - Science has a dismal track record in the past of claiming false as true and true as false.

I live in the Arctic in the upper regions of Alaska for 30 years time.

We have watched for 30 years; the same cycles in the ice. We don't read reports. we actually LIVE OUT ON THE ICE for two months every year.

Every year we have to cut and chop ice for 7 miles or further to get to the lead opening, so we can harvest food.

We see first hand the LYING METHODS employed by the media to deceive and provide false information to the masses - AND you idiots buy it hook line and sinker without even knowing what the simple truth is!

Our ice conditions are the same as they were in 1979!!

Chop a trail through the ice by hand @ 40 below zero for 14 hours a day for a month - no one receives any pay for this incredibly hard difficult work.

All we get - is the right to eat! No one ever complains!

YOU wouldn't last 5 minutes out here

Spend day after day here chopping ice to make a 10 foot wide smooth road. Just so you can eat!! If I paid you 10k a day - you would be complaining non-stop; you couldn't take this type of brutal conditions.

People up here are so happy - they never complain about anything. They give thanks to the creator for all they receive!! I would love to see you attempt to locate food out here in the middle of now where. You would starve to death or freeze to death - because YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

During the early 1980s we had to go 7 miles out to find open water.

As that decade progressed - the lead was getting closer and closer to land.

7 miles 5 miles - 3 miles 1 mile - by the 1990's We had no ice. We went whaling from land. Then it started to go back the other way.. 1 mile - 3 miles - 5 miles - 7 miles YEAR 2000 - 12 miles 2001 20 MILES!! 2003 10 miles

We currently have to go 7 miles once again. THAT IS A LOT OF FRIGIN WORK!!

IN the summer when the ice disappears, from our shores and it blown out to sea. We can see it through satellite photos. We have GPS here to find out facts:

When that ice is 300 miles off the coast of Barrow - Guess what?? Polar bears swim and land on the shores of Barrow beaches daily and fall asleep. they are protected and no one is allowed near them. Polar bears do not drown! They are expert swimmers. Scientists are clueless about a polar bear drown.

It is because the bear is STUPID when it attacks a sleeping walrus! All that walrus has to do is lower his head around the bears neck and roll over off the ice into the ocean dragging that bear down to the ocean depths!

Mothers with cubs do not take their children on a suicide mission when they swim. They are expert swimmers; We see this every summer when that ice is hundreds of miles away.

When we go whaling - hundreds of people are living miles out on the ocean ice for two months - Let me ask all you Jaywalking Allstars a very simple question. 7 miles out on the frozen ocean ice. How do these people obtain delicious fresh water daily ?? Melt snow ?? Yuk! snow tastes like crap when melted. Yes!! We do melt snow for "washing & cleaning' only. But with hundreds of people living out here and feeding them 4 times a day. How do you suppose we get or obtain delicious fresh drinking water for cooking and drinking??? I betcha can't solve that simple puzzle. We need gallons and gallons of DELICIOUS fresh drinking water daily. How do we get delicious fresh drinking water in a salt water ocean that is frozen ??

Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 AM

I bet you could never figure out that simple solution that is thousands of years old in traditional practice.

How do you obtain delicious fresh drinking water; 7 miles from land, surrounded by salt water and frozen ocean ice?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I bet you could never figure out that simple solution that is thousands of years old in traditional practice.

How do you obtain delicious fresh drinking water; 7 miles from land, surrounded by salt water and frozen ocean ice?

chop out a nice block of ice and dust off the snow.

let it sit in the sun for a good while. the salt will migrage to the bottom leaving the top layer of ice pure fresh water.

or so Ive heard...

Old 05-10-2012, 11:41 AM

NOPE!! you read; that and left out all the important information.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:55 AM

My true stories and photos of the Arctic way of life are published on over 67 FORUMS including 5 here on City-Data
I discuss the effects of Global Warming deception in much greater detail.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:05 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Who are you fighting with SityData?

Many of us here have pointed out the problems with those who make statements about the situation of areas they know nothing about. Simply look at the issues with surface station records and you will see that they have no clue about the actual temps of the areas they pull reading from.

As for the "You wouldn't last a day" claim. Know who you speak with as If you are so bold, pay for my ticket to fly there, feed me and house me and I will show you how DAMN capable I am in ANY DAMN condition.

Don't think you know people because you live a life of hardship. I ain't no timid mouse to be crapped on.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Who are you fighting with SityData?

Many of us here have pointed out the problems with those who make statements about the situation of areas they know nothing about. Simply look at the issues with surface station records and you will see that they have no clue about the actual temps of the areas they pull reading from.

As for the "You wouldn't last a day" claim. Know who you speak with as If you are so bold, pay for my ticket to fly there, feed me and house me and I will show you how DAMN capable I am in ANY DAMN condition.

Don't think you know people because you live a life of hardship. I ain't no timid mouse to be crapped on.
Exactly the opposite of what you claim. My sons rake in a fortune in Barrow - Kotzebue - Point Hope and Anchorage - They are the # 1 Ivory carvers for Ivory bracelets in this whole state.

These people may live in an extremely harsh environment - but it costs a small fortune for the captain to support a crew of 8 people for two months - food - fuel & ammunition. These people that live & work up here make very good money in their normal jobs. Sleeping outside for two months with no tents and no heat @ 40 below and colder is no easy matter. Unless you know exactly what to eat and how to eat it you will freeze to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies