U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:16 PM

109 posts, read 151,222 times

Advertisements

I hope so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 PM

6,013 posts, read 6,825,189 times
palin is not smarter than a moose

Old 11-19-2009, 10:25 PM

25,313 posts, read 16,700,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
palin is not smarter than a moose
not a very flattering comparison...to the moose.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:35 AM

900 posts, read 529,486 times
Run Sarah, run! As the female Jesus, it's your duty to God and your country to save us from the heathens! Who else is there to save us from Obama putting all us white folks into concentration camps?

Answer - only you, Sarah.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:06 AM

1,482 posts, read 1,828,762 times
As a non American it would be a laugh to see the USA electing a woman who cannot remember what she reads.

The biggest laugh is Palin stating quote, we need to confront Russia in Georgia with our military.
The woman is that short of basic knowledge of history that she fails to know the first rule of war, do not invade Russia.
Of course there is a problem with the US military spending a lot of time yelling, we are num one.
Problem with the Russians is that when they are invaded they tend to chuck the rule book away.
I wonder what Palin's response would be we they tell her a division of US troops has been hit with a tactical nuke.
Would she nuke Moscow ?

Old 11-20-2009, 06:57 AM

14,810 posts, read 13,783,653 times
It isn't Sarah Palin the LW fears. (They think she is trailer trash.) It's her popularity among the presumed "trailer trash" of the RW because the Left knows that the RW carries a powerful clout at the ballot box.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:45 AM

873 posts, read 1,511,909 times
Unfortunately, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota rocks over fl View Post
Am I the only person who supports Palin?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:26 AM

48 posts, read 93,853 times
Palin 2012!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:49 AM

53,214 posts, read 52,321,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Standing up to Exxon? Please. Nothing could be farther from the truth, she is in the sack with Exxon.

She was asked during the infamous Couric interview (a startlingly revealing, off script look at Palin stumbling and fumbling over questions that could even barely be considered anything other than 'fluff') if she disagreed with any Supreme Court decisions. She said Roe v. Wade. Anything else? Couldnt name a single other decision she did. And the Supreme Court, in only one of a long history of controversial and sometimes dead wrong rulings, overturned the penalties to Exxon from the Valdez disaster. Exxon walked, and all those lives and the habitat they destroyed they barely paid a penny for, couple billion. A weeks worth of profits when they raise crude prices. That was Bush's Supreme Court, and Sarah didnt mind that one bit.

Standing up to? I dont think so. She aint tough, she's easy
That was the impression that stayed with me the most. How could this woman possibly be in a position with a potential for having to speak with and deal with heads of state? She appeared just plain silly to me and it was very painful to watch her embarrass herself and not seem to realize she should be embarrassed.

I don't get the brouhaha over her from either her supporters or her detractors--I think she's just sort of a nothing who had her moment in the spotlight.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:58 AM

29,705 posts, read 19,565,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Are moderates part of the left now??

The fact you call Obama 'an enemy of America" shows you are completely and utterly delusional and have zero credibility.

Moderates?

That ship left port a long time ago.

RealClearPolitics - Obama is Losing Independent Voters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies