Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:46 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,940,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway29south View Post
Nope, you are not the only one. I think most supporters are nervous about stepping out and saying they support her because of the attacks from the left. For some reason, they are very scared of of Palin.
Look at FOX 's website today. Half the stories and links featured are about Sarah Palin. As long as the right is determined to put her on a pedestal the left will continue to make fun of her and call her out on her ridiculous remarks. That isn't fear. It's just shining a light on the sorry state of the Republican party who can't come up with any credible leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 03:46 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,267,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What do you think of Michelle Bachmann?
I think they should run together.

A dream ticket!

Old 11-19-2009, 03:51 PM

48 posts, read 104,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
I think they should run together.

A dream ticket!
That would be horrible! Michelle Bachmann would ruin the election with stupid comments. Believe me, I'm from Minnesota and I hear her on the news a lot.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:52 PM

22,127 posts, read 19,344,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota rocks over fl View Post
That would be horrible! Michelle Bachmann would ruin the election with stupid comments. Believe me, I'm from Minnesota and I hear her on the news a lot.
You realize they basically share the same type of supporters correct?

Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,267,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota rocks over fl View Post
That would be horrible! Michelle Bachmann would ruin the election with stupid comments.

Don't sell Sarah short!

Old 11-19-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I like fiction books, but I don't like when fiction pretends to be non-fiction so I won't buy her book.
You can't say anything about it if you haven't read it!

Old 11-19-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You realize they basically share the same type of supporters correct?
Yes, I know that. It's just that I would rather have someone with the same policies run instead of Michelle.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:00 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,430,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
She did some things as governor that were brilliant and that clearly show she is tuff. Standing up to Exxon etc. showed iron.

Standing up to Exxon? Please. Nothing could be farther from the truth, she is in the sack with Exxon.

She was asked during the infamous Couric interview (a startlingly revealing, off script look at Palin stumbling and fumbling over questions that could even barely be considered anything other than 'fluff') if she disagreed with any Supreme Court decisions. She said Roe v. Wade. Anything else? Couldnt name a single other decision she did. And the Supreme Court, in only one of a long history of controversial and sometimes dead wrong rulings, overturned the penalties to Exxon from the Valdez disaster. Exxon walked, and all those lives and the habitat they destroyed they barely paid a penny for, couple billion. A weeks worth of profits when they raise crude prices. That was Bush's Supreme Court, and Sarah didnt mind that one bit.

Standing up to? I dont think so. She aint tough, she's easy

Old 11-19-2009, 04:01 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,007,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I like fiction books, but I don't like when fiction pretends to be non-fiction so I won't buy her book.
As if you have even read it ! Classic brainwashed leftist spew.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:02 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,807,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Yes, the thought of her holding an office of high power in this country scares me. But I too would like to hear why you are a supporter of her? What do you feel qualifies her as a viable candidate for high office?
I think it is much more frightening that our current president had no experience whatsoever in a higher office before being elected. It is my belief that he was elected based on his popularity and by the media more than his experience and credentials. To me, his actions so far have proven that a correct assumption. And the actions of the left have as well. I've seen t-shirts, Christmas ornaments, bumper stickers, earrings, etc. all with his picture on it. Is he a president, or a movie star?

I support Sarah Palin for many reasons. One, she is a woman. If we are looking for "change", a woman in the White House would be a great change.
She is conservative. She is not afraid to say it and support conservative views. She doesn't back down from confrontation.
As governer in Alaska, she removed herself from big oil influences and worked on conservation and green house issues.
She was also very popular in Alaska for her economic policies and her work on tax reform there.

Whenever I heard her speak or read what she has done as a leader, I liked what I saw.

If she wasn't so threatening, she wouldn't be attacked as she is by the media and the left wingers. People who are not threats do not get bothered with. Just look up her name on Google. This is what you get:

Palin's daughter
Palin's book
Palin's divorce
Palin's daughter's boyfriend
Palin's children, etc etc

You get the picture. The media is working very hard and overtime just to discredit her based on their fear. And for some reason, too many people buy into it without thinking for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies