Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 05:54 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I can't imagine living a life where I felt that I needed a gun every time I left my home.

Sorry for you guys and hope you never need to shoot someone.
People do not do it out of a "fear" to leave their home, rather out of a responsibility and understanding which proactively plans that the world isn't a safe place and there is always a possibility that even in a small town of nowhere where crime may be almost non-existent, there is always a chance it may become needed and having it that one moment you do need it makes you understand the issue.

It is simply being "prepared" and doing so is neither paranoid or fearful, it is responsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 07:34 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,806 times
Market Skeptics Nov.24 post is chilling about the amount of food on hand, basic -2 months, also he talks about the shortage of food coming from the fields.

If true then those that have weapons can protect what they have,, those that don't will be looking for someone to protect them. During the Riots in Watts, those that oppose guns were hunting for friends that they knew were armed.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:44 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Great job with the "serve and protect" BS!

Another good example of WHY EVERYONE SHOULD be heavily armed and ready to protect themselves.

Proud supporter of the Second Amendment and the NRA!

Well, being armed is only part of the equation, it you can't hit what you are shooting at, being armed is of little help. There are those who would be better served with a slingshot, or a baseball bat. If you are not willing to learn how to use a firearm effectively, and how to carry and/or store it safely, you and those around you would be safer if you limit yourself to rocks.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Well, being armed is only part of the equation, it you can't hit what you are shooting at, being armed is of little help. There are those who would be better served with a slingshot, or a baseball bat. If you are not willing to learn how to use a firearm effectively, and how to carry and/or store it safely, you and those around you would be safer if you limit yourself to rocks.
Well said. In fact depending on a gun you are unfamilar with is dangerous in itself.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:34 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
I don't understand how anyone can deny someone the right to defend their home, their person or their family.

There is not a month that goes by that there is not a home invasion in Dallas where people are tied up, robbed and many times seriously injured.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
my cousin would be alive if he had been armed.
my dear friend 84 year old women kidnaped tortured for 3 days assaulted, this would have not happened if she had been armed.
the notion of firearm ownership is utter nonsense until you are raped and beaten.
support NRA.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:45 PM

300 posts, read 429,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I can't imagine living a life where I felt that I needed a gun every time I left my home.

Sorry for you guys and hope you never need to shoot someone.
Well I hope not either. Then again, if the need arises, I will not think twice about pulling the trigger.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:46 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
if everybody had guns the criminals would be afraid of the citizens!!!!! would you break into someones house if you knew they were armed

Old 11-28-2009, 10:57 PM

216 posts, read 343,524 times
Yes and aim for the widest spot . Fellow put 13 9mm in a doped up guy before he went down .

Good reason for a 44 magnum

Old 11-28-2009, 11:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
I just wish that machine guns were not illegal. The best place to be armed is at home. Things would be even better if you could also have grenades and bazookas at hand for outside use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies