U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:20 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,192,474 times

Advertisements

Nor does it usually help.
Try reading some statistics on that.

I refuse to live in a world where everyone is armed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 09:26 PM

178 posts, read 407,946 times
Chielgirl,

What is so great about America is this free nation allows us all to choose what we wish, to be armed or to arm ourselves with a warm smile and a friendly personality to prevent attacks. I do not believe the fiends we choose effect outcome of our fates, unless our friends are gang bangers or such. I support your peaceful choice to not arm yourself in your freedom, so please support others rights to bear arms as afforded by our constitution.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,192,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garisonthebull View Post
Chielgirl,

What is so great about America is this free nation allows us all to choose what we wish, to be armed or to arm ourselves with a warm smile and a friendly personality to prevent attacks. I do not believe the fiends we choose effect outcome of our fates, unless our friends are gang bangers or such. I support your peaceful choice to not arm yourself in your freedom, so please support others rights to bear arms as afforded by our constitution.
Cut me a break.
When have I ever said anything about your right to do whatever you choose.
Another of these absurd threads gets started every few days by some idiot who claims that those who don't believe in carrying weapons makes us weak or that we cry victim.

I'm sick of these guys who are so darned insecure that they project their weaknesses and fears on the entire world and claim that crime is so prevalent that those of us who don't believe in an armed world are weak and "victims".

If so many gun owners and "right-to-carry" morons weren't so dumb and spending their time insulting those who believe differently, this wouldn't be an issue.

Sorry that you guys feel so darned insecure in your manhood that you feel the need to carry weapons.

How many of you have been attacked and have had to use your gun?
What are the stats on kids getting killed because of an unlocked gun in the house? How many people are killed because of drunk gun owners?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:50 PM

178 posts, read 407,946 times
Chielgirl,

I never claimed you were a victim, I simply am saying your opinion to de-arm others is a strong one. I do not think your justified in attacking the manhood of those who do carry. I for one work in law enforcement and I often run into criminals who I have had negative encounters with in the past. These individuals usually do not threaten me but a few have. One such occasion having a weapon may have been the factor that stopped the individual from attacking me. Do not think there is no purpose to carrying guns. It is true that it may apply to you, but for others like myself gun ownership means taking my family out to eat without some released felon harming my wife, children or me.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:52 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,624,568 times
the courts have already ruled that the police are not there to protect the individual citizen at all.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,474,308 times
The police get there in time to mark teh shell caisngs and trace your body on the ground.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:08 PM

13,353 posts, read 11,004,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How silly.
I'm neither a victim nor a gun owner.
I don't see the need for it.
Never have. "The sky is falling" approach to being a spoiled brat.
Get better friends, live in a better area.
I'm glad that when I live in the states I hang out with intelligent, educated people who really don't needs guns to go to the theater r foreign flicks, breakfasts or the library/museums.

I'd not want to live where you do.
Quite correct, you don't want to live where I do. Nor do I relish the thought of the company of your' educated' , 'intelligent' friends, who would last about ten minutes where I live, and not because I live in a crime ridden area, populated by idiots , either. My main purpose for owning firearms does not revolve around irrational fears, or because of high crime, I actually live far enough out that this is a secondary concern. It is when I venture into your precious ' intelligent' and 'educated' urban areas that I feel the need to have a weapon readily within reach , on my person, instead of in the seat scabbard or on my saddle. The latter are no different than having pants on, to me, and the threats I have to deal with are far less immediate and intimidating than the ones I have encountered in the city. I may have to dispatch some critter, or another, preying on my stock or attempting to make my wife's cats or my dogs into a meal, but at the very least, said critters are not strung out on meth, and have a modicum of a clue that they are risking much by aiming malicious intent toward me an mine. Your take on things is quite conceited, bordering on lofty arrogance. It brings to the minds eye some scene out of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, where servants are called upon to deal with the mundane task of seeing to the welfare of the stables, and out of sight , is out of mind. Where, perhaps, the thought of actually being in a grubby, dirty, situation, is as far away as the moon. Foriegn films and the museum? LMAO, try the back forty, or Wal Mart on El Rancho and McCarran. Not everyone in our grand and wonderful world is so ...egaltarian...as you and your intelligent and educated() circle of 'friends'.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:20 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,981,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nor does it usually help.
Try reading some statistics on that.

I refuse to live in a world where everyone is armed.
I tend to agree. The only thing more dangerous than an idiot with a gun is a criminal with a gun.
I have heard so many times. I am not a fraid I have Smith& Wesson. The same idiots who say this are obvious pretenders. Yes they own a gun. But they are also BS artists. They are the ones I talked about in my previous post.
I have no issue with others owning fire arms provided they are purchased legally, and the folks don't walk around like John Wayne in an old western.
Folks if you buy a gun practice with it. Know your weapon.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:24 PM

6,013 posts, read 6,757,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Little-Acorn, thank you! This is the best post of 2009 on this liberal-dominated forum. Thank you!

In simplest terms:
always some wacko trying to make this into a political issues even if she did have a gun its wouldn't be a guarantee that gun in her hand could save her.
how about that conservative guy you loved who killed those people in the church

Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,981,088 times
How about Cheney shooting a lawyer in the face? Oh wait was that a bad thing?
Hmmmm nah not really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies