Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:00 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times

Advertisements

Click on http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/C...1120031656.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 10:44 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Exactly. This has nothing to do with KSM.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:25 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
I think a secondary reason is because taking control of the prosecution of the mastermind of 9/11 (rather than leaving it in the hands of a military tribunal) will be a feather in Obama's cap of incomparable proportions. Holder says he is sure they can get a conviction. Think how much prestige that will give the Obama administration. Might even help him get re-elected. <walks away whistling>.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:08 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,902 times
Isn't it obvious? They want all the terrorists to be found innocent.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:01 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
We want the Rule of Law to prevail.

We don't want the level of due process to depend on who you are or what you are accused of.

We wish for a "fair trial" rather than a trial with a predetermined outcome.

If you were "true Conservatives" you would wish for the same exact thing.

But you are not "true Conservatives". You are unprincpled, feeble minded, scared authoritarians who have no idea of the princples this Country was founded on.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:09 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Isn't it obvious? They want all the terrorists to be found innocent.
That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen on here. He is entitled to a fair trail. After which he will be entitled to fair hanging.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:26 AM

11 posts, read 11,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
We want the Rule of Law to prevail.

We don't want the level of due process to depend on who you are or what you are accused of.

We wish for a "fair trial" rather than a trial with a predetermined outcome.

If you were "true Conservatives" you would wish for the same exact thing.

But you are not "true Conservatives". You are unprincpled, feeble minded, scared authoritarians who have no idea of the princples this Country was founded on.
Next time leave the insults at home and bring a clue. Tell me how this will be a "fair trial".
Because, and here's the fun part-no matter what the verdict-KSM will be held in perpetual detention.
Guilty-lock em up, cus New York isn't so big on the death penalty.
Not guilty-lock em up. Per Obama
Case dismissed or mistrial-lock em up. Per Obama.

Wrap your feeble mind around that and then tell me about "fair trials" and "predetermined outcome".

Old 11-23-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveningGrace View Post
Next time leave the insults at home and bring a clue. Tell me how this will be a "fair trial".
Because, and here's the fun part-no matter what the verdict-KSM will be held in perpetual detention.
Guilty-lock em up, cus New York isn't so big on the death penalty.
Not guilty-lock em up. Per Obama
Case dismissed or mistrial-lock em up. Per Obama.

Wrap your feeble mind around that and then tell me about "fair trials" and "predetermined outcome".
You might want to read the title again. It's about the general term what "Dems want" not the stunt Obama is trying to pull.

Obama doesn't lead us around by the nose like good GOP rubber stampers would allow when their guy is in the WH.

I have a score of thread titles slamming Obama for his failure to defend civil liberties.

The fact of the matter is the Right is pushing for unfair trials and whining about "too much" due process. Obama doesn't have the spine or principles to stick up to these cry babies.

Last edited by padcrasher; 11-23-2009 at 08:19 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 08:09 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
I think it's Democrats' personal vendetta against George W. Bush more than it is a vested interest in fairness and justice.

If GWB was a supporter, then Democrats' certainly can't be in support of it also. That's what's happening here. Military tribunals vs. District Court. Of course Democrats will go with District Court because GWB supported military trials. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think it's Democrats' personal vendetta against George W. Bush more than it is a vested interest in fairness and justice.

If GWB was a supporter, then Democrats' certainly can't be in support of it also. And that's what's happening here.
Of course you think that. You don't let the fact their is absolutely no evidence in favor of your argument get in the way of your ideology.

Besides the fact if he had a "vendetta" against Bush he could have started that fight long ago.

You're filled with hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies