Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:32 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
You disgust me.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread before I get myself an infraction for telling you what I really think of you.
Likewise. Your ability to use the death of a human to fulfill your partisan agenda is lower than just about anything I can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:33 PM

689 posts, read 742,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If only he had been on a low-carb diet...
And a wife that didn't enable him then cry foul when it goes sideways. "We had no insurance" is another excuse for peoples own actions. I don't think the extra 350 lbs snuck up on him. Whoa...One day I was like 180. I wake up and, all of the sudden, I'm 550.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:36 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,762,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Is it just a coincidence that MSNBC marches out the victim parade of tragic "uninsured" stories while Obamacare is headed for a cloture vote on Saturday evening? I'm sure that there are plenty of "happily ever after" stories of uninsured who were helped by the kindness of charitable organizations and physicians volunteering their time & resources. Why doesn't MSNBC print those this week??? Color me skeptical but I suspect Chris Matthews still feels that tingle up his leg.
My question is why should anyone have to resort to charitable organizations and volunteers when everyone in this Great USA should have the basics like Health care. If the man had insurance, I bet he would have gotten the care that he needed. Already there are too many people that die in this country because they do not have access to healthcare.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 PM

689 posts, read 742,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
My question is why should anyone have to resort to charitable organizations and volunteers when everyone in this Great USA should have the basics like Health insurance. If the man had insurance, I bet he would have gotten the care that he needed. Already there are too many people that die in this country because they do not have access to healthcare.
Okay...I'm going to say that I don't disagree. I don't think that anyone, unless they are a-holes, doesn't want people to have insurance. GIVEN. What I don't get is that there people who are sucked into this "no one can help us besides the government". Not true. There are a lot of things the government can do to make health insurance affordable, but THEY DON'T WANT TO (apparently). It's purely political,control, money and agenda oriented. And I don't think "resorting" to charitable organizations is a bad thing. People LIKE to do this kind of work. There are people who could be sunning themselves on a beach (because they have the ability) who choose to help people instead. It's like "their thing". It's a symbiotic relationship.

Okay...back on topic.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:02 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
This woman just sat and watch her husband let himself go lmao.. and if he was able to get up and go to the bathroom he could go to emergency.
I guess this gives a new meaning to La-Z-Boy, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Okay, now you're laughing, for sure. Theliberalvoice is going to be angry with you.
Im laughing too. The other poster isnt alone.

Quote:
He needed medical attention and he didn't get it because he was uninsured.
So dump him in a wheel barrow and roll him out. If he needed help badly enough, bump the bills. You cant blame all of this soely on him being uninsured.
Quote:
You disgust me.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread before I get myself an infraction for telling you what I really think of you.
LMAO!

Old 11-20-2009, 12:41 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Likewise. Your ability to use the death of a human to fulfill your partisan agenda is lower than just about anything I can think of.

Yes this man is being used. NO ambulance can refuse to pick you up and take you to the hospital. The hospital cannot refuse medical care unless it is a private hospital. Since I have an ambulance driver in my family I asked them. This woman could have called an ambulance every day if she wanted to.

The wife should have curbed his eating as soon as he had an injury and well before that.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:57 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Perfect example of what inbreeding does to people. Everybody involved here including the victim was at least semi-retarded for sure. I wonder what his daily diet consisted of, bunch of uneducated Southern trash!

Old 11-20-2009, 03:51 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,186 times
Quote:
I'm getting so sick and tired of having to ask people this question around here!

DID YOU BOTHER TO READ THE ARTICLE????

The man went into the hospital for a knee injury and was sent home because they had no insurance to keep him there for treatment or recovery. When he first arrived home, his wife TRIED to find help for him, but couldn't get anyone to come to them to provide it, and he COULDN'T get up from the chair because of his KNEE INJURY.
Good post Jill. If I may, I think people blame the wife for the food she supplied to her husband. That she had control over as he was immobile. I want to think that the wife felt it was her duty to take care of and obey her husband. I think religion played a part in their decision making.

Being without health insurance did not help in this case also. I would not be surprised if more deaths from obesity are recorded in this great wealthy country we live that does not provide health insurance for its citizens.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:35 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I could be wrong but I don't think health insurance policies provide food.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:58 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
The only people I feel bad for are the emergency workers who had to deal with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies