Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:56 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Conservatism is not about maintaining one's lifestyle.

It is about maintaining traditional principles that have always benefited society - building up the family, individual pursuit of life, liberty, and property, always seeking to build up America, small government, strong military and borders, free market capitalism as an economic principle.

There is no race in these things.

Oh - and I am black also.

And here are a couple of higher profile black conservatives...

Walter E. Williams

Thomas Sowell

One more thing for Mr. Opinion - GO EAGLES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 11:03 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Of course there are black conservatives. I would venture to guess that many blacks are conservative. Beck, on the other hand, is a radical. Nothing conservative about him.

Beck would have you believe that all union members are liberals. I have many union member biker friends - iron workers, mostly - and I'd challenge Beck to look any of them in the face and call him a commie liberal. Just because one is black, or a union member, or doesn't constantly b*tch about government and taxes, doesn't mean one isn't conservative. On the other hand, almost all blacks are Democrats. That has nothing to do with liberalism. Nixon and his "Southern Strategy" sealed the deal there.

You obviously don't listen to his radio show or watch his TV show. If you did, you wouldn't say that.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:57 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Conservatism is not about maintaining one's lifestyle.

It is about maintaining traditional principles that have always benefited society - building up the family, individual pursuit of life, liberty, and property, always seeking to build up America, small government, strong military and borders, free market capitalism as an economic principle.

Oh - and I am black also.

And here are a couple of higher profile black conservatives...

Walter E. Williams

Thomas Sowell

One more thing for Mr. Opinion - GO EAGLES

That's what they say. I don't buy it at all.

Listening to the Drug addict Limbaugh and Fix news one might assume that they live in a world based on how they want America to be. Not a United country, but a country based on their expectation that most people are not invited to participate in.

Awesome win yesterday! E A G L E S.. Eagles.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:01 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,576 times
This is what Black Conservatives are used as by Republicans:

Old 12-07-2009, 01:27 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
I don't agree on your Limbaugh/Fox take - but more importantly, what do they have to do with you doing the best you can do to make a good life for yourself?

Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't agree on your Limbaugh/Fox take - but more importantly, what do they have to do with you doing the best you can do to make a good life for yourself?
Well I respect your opinion. But I cannot stand Limbaugh and Fox.

Limbaugh has said some really racist things about other races. I'm not sure how any minority could respect Limbaugh.

what do they have to do with you doing the best you can do to make a good life for yourself?

Nothing. I'm looking for a country that is not divided. The Republican's think they have the answers to fix our country. After 8 years we know that was not the case. They created a lot of the mess that Obama is blamed for.

I'm concern with spending also, but I want a country that can bring our country to the top again. We need Bi-partisanship not whiners complaining and saying NO to everything Obama proposes. With the mounting debt that we have frustrates me.

I enjoy my life and family, I also like having a fair debate with people no matter what party they are affiliated with.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
NOT true i am of Italian and Spanish heritage, OF COURSE AMERICAN FIRST I happen to have friends in all colors and religions. I have many many intelligent black friends MEN AND WOMEN. Not a one believes in the Democratic way, they are all REPUBLICIANS, self made People most of them and do believe in working hard in life, that is their reward, doing it for themselves and their wonderful Familes, I love them, see them not for a color but for hard working Americans. They have extremely happy lives, wonderful families, beautiful homes, and cars, and never believed in life once in taking a handout from anyone. That makes me proud to call them my friends, because that is AMERICAN PRIDE.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
At what point in his presidency will Obama take responsibility?? It's he that has tripled our debt....not Bush.

It's he that proposed a stimulus that has produced no jobs.

85 percent of the country is fine with their healthcare. Yet Obama ignores the jobs issue and keeps cramming healthcare and global warming down our throats!

Limbaugh and FOX are the only ones who dare question this cat! That kind of journalism was admired before Obama took office. Why is it wrong now?

Limbaugh shocked people by saying he wants Obama to fail. And everybody had a seizure!!

But why would Limbaugh want abortion on demand, Gay marriage, amnesty for illegals, GITMO detainees released, GITMO closed, the CIA investigated for water boarding terrorists, government healthcare, taxes on energy use, private sector companies owned by the government and no oil drilling????

Limbaugh believes this crap is bad for our country! So why would he want Obama to succeed in getting this stuff done?? He hopes he fails!!

I think it's bad for us too!

The one thing I hope Obama succeeds in is defense. But he's screwing that up too!

1. Closing GITMO
2. Bringing terrorists here for trials (giving them American citizen rights)
3. Caving on the missle defense shield in Europe
4. Reducing our nuclear stock pile while Iran is racing to get the bomb.

5. Putting CIA operatives on trial for doing their jobs!

It seems he can't even get that right.....

Old 12-09-2009, 12:48 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post

That's what they say. I don't buy it at all.

Listening to the Drug addict Limbaugh and Fix news one might assume that they live in a world based on how they want America to be. Not a United country, but a country based on their expectation that most people are not invited to participate in.

Awesome win yesterday! E A G L E S.. Eagles.
Do you support Obama? I am guessing you do. Why dont you call him Drug addict Obama?

Old 12-09-2009, 01:50 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,244,748 times
I thought it was very interesting. I too know what its like to be accused of talking white. Although walking around high school or middle school with a briefcase will get a kid in trouble no matter what neighborhood he grows up in.

I recognized one of the folks they talked to Bishiop Harry Jackson, from the local news as a big opponent to gay marriage in DC. I've always said that black folks no matter who they vote for are very conservative which is something that some white folks don't understand. I remember I was reading something right after the inaguration in another forum and a guy was shocked that so many black folks were there with fur coats. Black democrat is usually just as conservative as republicans except on a few key issues.

Really and truly the GOP has done itself a diservice by alienating minorities because most minority communities black, hispanic asian you name it have very conservative values. I agree with the GOP on a LOT of issues but they've also made it known that me and my ilk (gay or non-whites) are unwelcomed in their party so who else can I vote for?

Either way very interesting video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies