Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 03:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times

Advertisements

What insane self-hatred!

I find it mind blowing that the same alleged black folks whose sole contribution on these boards appears to be to denigrate other black folks, or to defend the most offensive posts by whites conservatives, are a loss to understand why the majority of black folks disregard their message for black salvation.

Case in point, this thread.

Quote:
The white guy will tell them he's going to give them free stuff.
When a so-called black person, creates a caricature of African American voters that would have done the likes of D.W. Griffith proud, is there little doubt as to why African American voters reject the pabulum spewed by so-called black conservatives?

There was a time, even very recently when the Republican Party could have made major inroads into the Democratic base. African American defection from the Republican Party did not arise until the 1936 presidential election due in no small part to Roosevelt's expansion of social programs to African Americans yet, in the election Roosevelt only received 71% of the African American vote, which considering Roosevelt's 60.8% point victory certainly wasn't out of line with the rest of the electorate. In the 1956 presidential election, Dwight Eisenhower garnered between 32 and 40% (depending on the source) of the African American vote despite the popularity of initiatives of both the Roosevelt and Truman administrations (see Truman's order to desegregate the military). Even in 1960, Nixon received 32% of the African American vote, despite his abject political failure to reach out to Martin Luther King, something the Kennedy's did quite effectively.

In each of the above elections, the issue for black folks was, which administration or party was going to do the most to advance the civil rights of African Americans.

What sealed the fate of the Republican Party for the next generation, wasn't as you so obscenely imply, but rather a calculated decision on the part of the Nixon administration to play to white southern voters to head off the emergence of George Wallace's third party candidacy, a strategy which would remain the hallmark of every Republican candidate from Ronald Reagan to George Herbert Walker Bush (27% of the black vote in 1998).

In the 2000, election George Bush had an opportunity to make some inroads amongst African American voters. His faith based initiative while skeptically received gave potential African American voters a glimmer of hope that this Republican might be a different sort of animal, as a result while getting shellacked by Gore still received a larger percentage of African American voters in both 2000 and 2004 than those who challenged Clinton.

African American voters, clearly are more sophisticate than you would like to give them credit for, they vote their perceived interest based upon the records of the parties and candidates that they run. Since 1984 I have either reported on or worked on political campaigns from the mayoral to state wide elections, and if you think that black voters only evaluate candidates based upon "free stuff" then you need to get out an meet some real black folks despite your "claims" of being black yourself. My experience as definitely demonstrated that African Americans run the gamut of political viewpoints depending on the issue at hand. To argue that those political viewpoints is guided by only one single issue is, to put it charitably, ludicrous.

(I apologize for any grammatical errors, but I have to take the kid to the store. So see my profile about proof reading).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 04:02 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What insane self-hatred!

I find it mind blowing that the same alleged black folks whose sole contribution on these boards appears to be to denigrate other black folks, or to defend the most offensive posts by whites conservatives, are a loss to understand why the majority of black folks disregard their message for black salvation.

Case in point, this thread.

When a so-called black person, creates a caricature of African American voters that would have done the likes of D.W. Griffith proud, is there little doubt as to why African American voters reject the pabulum spewed by so-called black conservatives?

There was a time, even very recently when the Republican Party could have made major inroads into the Democratic base. African American defection from the Republican Party did not arise until the 1936 presidential election due in no small part to Roosevelt's expansion of social programs to African Americans yet, in the election Roosevelt only received 71% of the African American vote, which considering Roosevelt's 60.8% point victory certainly wasn't out of line with the rest of the electorate. In the 1956 presidential election, Dwight Eisenhower garnered between 32 and 40% (depending on the source) of the African American vote despite the popularity of initiatives of both the Roosevelt and Truman administrations (see Truman's order to desegregate the military). Even in 1960, Nixon received 32% of the African American vote, despite his abject political failure to reach out to Martin Luther King, something the Kennedy's did quite effectively.

In each of the above elections, the issue for black folks was, which administration or party was going to do the most to advance the civil rights of African Americans.

What sealed the fate of the Republican Party for the next generation, wasn't as you so obscenely imply, but rather a calculated decision on the part of the Nixon administration to play to white southern voters to head off the emergence of George Wallace's third party candidacy, a strategy which would remain the hallmark of every Republican candidate from Ronald Reagan to George Herbert Walker Bush (27% of the black vote in 1998).

In the 2000, election George Bush had an opportunity to make some inroads amongst African American voters. His faith based initiative while skeptically received gave potential African American voters a glimmer of hope that this Republican might be a different sort of animal, as a result while getting shellacked by Gore still received a larger percentage of African American voters in both 2000 and 2004 than those who challenged Clinton.

African American voters, clearly are more sophisticate than you would like to give them credit for, they vote their perceived interest based upon the records of the parties and candidates that they run. Since 1984 I have either reported on or worked on political campaigns from the mayoral to state wide elections, and if you think that black voters only evaluate candidates based upon "free stuff" then you need to get out an meet some real black folks despite your "claims" of being black yourself. My experience as definitely demonstrated that African Americans run the gamut of political viewpoints depending on the issue at hand. To argue that those political viewpoints is guided by only one single issue is, to put it charitably, ludicrous.

(I apologize for any grammatical errors, but I have to take the kid to the store. So see my profile about proof reading).

1. How is it self-hatred to want your people to stop being mindless robots to one poolitical party?? What have we gotten from with one of them?? You say we're savvy?? Then why do we keep getting played. The rich white folk like John Kerry ain't breakin' with unwed black mothers either.

Look at Detroit! Run by Democrats for the last 40 years! Black Hip Hop Mayors fooling around on the tax payer dime. Democrat Governor creating more dependency! How does a customer get what he wants from fromthe store he always go into??? HE STARTS GOING OVER TO THE OTHER STORE ACROSS THE STREET!! He brokers his buying clout with another company. All of a sudden the old company lowers its prices! They start taking the customer seriously....

But guess what.....current company knows his customer ain't going anywhere else. So current company keeps making empty promises and keeps panderin'....keeps sayin' "I'm like you people!" And he keeps his prices the same.

That's us! Here's a brotha that gets the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FoekBjhtWE

She thinks all black folk should think the same way!! Wow!

PS> Nixon was a scumbag.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
1. How is it self-hatred to want your people to stop being mindless robots to one poolitical party??
I don't have a lot of time for psycho therapy, but suffice it to say, when you caricature a group of people as mindless while ignoring all historical evidence from which they have based a rational and logical choice based upon self-interest, and based upon the pattern of your posts in general, I am left but with one conclusion.

Quote:
What have we gotten from with one of them??
Them? Again, your post would tend to lead one to believe that African Americans aren't an integral part of the Democratic Party, it would lend the impression to anyone who doesn't know any better, that African Americans serve as some sort of auxiliary to the Democratic Party instead of the very apparent realty that African Americans, from dog catcher to the President are part and parcel of the Party you choose to deride.

Quote:
Look at Detroit! Run by Democrats for the last 40 years!
Are you seriously suggesting that Detroit, a city that was overwhelming based upon the American auto industry is in its present state as a result of Democratic policies and not the managerial failures of the GM, Ford, and Chrysler? As if de-industrialization was the result of any one particular party of another? What kind of mindless, fool do you take me for?

Quote:
Here's a brotha that gets the game
Please, don't patronize me.

Quote:
PS> Nixon was a scumbag.
Yes indeed he was, but he was a Republican scumbag, and a conservative Republican scumbag who did much to convince black folk to stay clear of the Republican Party, regardless of where they laid on the political spectrum. If you are looking for villains then instead of blaming black folks look towards your conservative "brothas" who have done everything in their power to convince African Americans that they have no place within the conservative family.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't have a lot of time for psycho therapy, but suffice it to say, when you caricature a group of people as mindless while ignoring all historical evidence from which they have based a rational and logical choice based upon self-interest, and based upon the pattern of your posts in general, I am left but with one conclusion.
One thing about history is that it keeps being made! We live in the "right NOW"! And recent history is telling us that we haven't gotten any better by throwing all our votes to democrats who continue to want us to be dependent on the government!! Get your head out of the past. They can continue to do what they do based on history?? That's crazy.

Quote:
Them? Again, your post would tend to lead one to believe that African Americans aren't an integral part of the Democratic Party, it would lend the impression to anyone who doesn't know any better, that African Americans serve as some sort of auxiliary to the Democratic Party instead of the very apparent realty that African Americans, from dog catcher to the President are part and parcel of the Party you choose to deride.
Yeah...they are so "integral" that they feel they have to have their own group (black Caucus) in order to push black issues. This is the same party who never elevated a black man or woman to anything higher than the generic cabinet positions like HUD, Sec. of Education, Sec. of Commerce... the safe stuff.
But it takes a Republican prez to put black folk at the head of the national table....a black man and a black woman! Real positions of power and influence. Sitting at the world tables with leaders of other countries! Oh ...I forgot Colin and Condie aren't "real" black folk. But maybe ya'll like Colin now since he voted for the Big O.

Quote:
Are you seriously suggesting that Detroit, a city that was overwhelming based upon the American auto industry is in its present state as a result of Democratic policies and not the managerial failures of the GM, Ford, and Chrysler? As if de-industrialization was the result of any one particular party of another? What kind of mindless, fool do you take me for?
I'm suggesting that it is the Governor's job to be the president of his/her state. To go out and bring companies to Michigan.....to lower taxes on business so that they would even want to move there. But of course lowering taxes on business is just EVIL. Right?? Thus, what industry would even want to go there? Indiana keeps bringing in new companies to it's state because the GOP governor, offers tax breaks to "evil" profit making corporations that then hire white folk and "gasp!!"...... "black folk" too! Michigan state was a hell hole even before GM got in trouble!

Quote:
Please, don't patronize me.
Say "pretty please".

Quote:
Yes indeed he was, but he was a Republican scumbag, and a conservative Republican scumbag who did much to convince black folk to stay clear of the Republican Party, regardless of where they laid on the political spectrum. If you are looking for villains then instead of blaming black folks look towards your conservative "brothas" who have done everything in their power to convince African Americans that they have no place within the conservative family.
Living in the past again, my friend... Even as bad as Nixon was, he wasn't a KLANSMAN like your democrat Robert Byrd, who has been re-elected over and over again by our "savvy" black folk! Why??? Because he's a democrat. I swear.... if a black conservative ran against Byrd, our folk would still vote for Byrd.

But Hey....it's Christmas. I'm calling a truce for now. We'll pick up on this afterwards. My best to you and your family.

Last edited by citizenkane2; 12-23-2009 at 11:25 AM..

Old 12-23-2009, 02:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFcJ--b-it4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft504neAOZo

Old 12-23-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Living in the past again, my friend... Even as bad as Nixon was, he wasn't a KLANSMAN
I may be living in the past, but I'm not a one trick pony.

Even I believe in redemption, and Byrd like another other former racist have done more than enough atoning to satisfy most folks.

I would say nice try, but it was pretty poorly.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:08 PM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
As a black conservative...this was very refreshing for me to see. Most blacks...and other races as well...think all blacks are and should be liberals and democrats. It is great to see blacks progressing and speaking out on how the democrats are negatively affecting our community. It was nice to see some other blacks who didn't use race as a factor for voting...even though some of those blacks did vote for Prez Obama.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Default Alan Keys

Remember when Alan Keys tried to show up at a GOP debate. They had him arested now conservatives really know how to treat black conservatives. Lindsey says blacks are the problem I wonder what black cons are going to say about that. I would never stand with a group that if left up to them blacks would not be voting now and that is a fact

Old 12-23-2009, 05:15 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
As a black conservative...this was very refreshing for me to see. Most blacks...and other races as well...think all blacks are and should be liberals and democrats. It is great to see blacks progressing and speaking out on how the democrats are negatively affecting our community. It was nice to see some other blacks who didn't use race as a factor for voting...even though some of those blacks did vote for Prez Obama.
Hey arent you the one who started the why dont blacks vote republican thread. What do you have say about Grahams latest racist outburst. The tea partiers dont want anything to do with you and niether does the palin crowd. Im sorry but that is the truth

Old 12-23-2009, 05:23 PM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Hey arent you the one who started the why dont blacks vote republican thread. What do you have say about Grahams latest racist outburst. The tea partiers dont want anything to do with you and niether does the palin crowd. Im sorry but that is the truth
Yeah that was me. Yes it was in poor taste what Sen. Graham said but a lot of us need to work harder to be less reliant of socialized hand outs. There are also racist democrats...but a lot of blacks and other liberals don't realize and admit that. Racism exists on both parties. And there are some blacks who involve themselves with tea parties and I know some black conservatives who like Sarah Palin. I didn't think she was the best choice for McCain but I agree with a lot of her views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies