U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 06:50 PM

10,655 posts, read 11,354,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Hey arent you the one who started the why dont blacks vote republican thread. What do you have say about Grahams latest racist outburst. The tea partiers dont want anything to do with you and niether does the palin crowd. Im sorry but that is the truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd1...eature=related

Throughout the nation there are going to be thousands more people enrolled in Medicaid and every state except one is going to have to come up with matching money," Graham remarks. "I have 12 percent unemployment in South Carolina. My state's on its knees. I have 31 percent African-American population in South Carolina." Linsey Graham

I know we have problem when white folk call out what we see for ourselves! Would it have been better if Graham was black?? He's still telling the truth! But now he's racist!! Did you see that clip? We are proportionately the biggest drain on social assistance systems! And if you think black folk won't be line up for miles to get FREE HEALTH CARE you are out of your mind! Obama Money !! Obama Health 0care!! It's all free! Keep us depending on the government!

We will indeed impact his state!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 10:15 PM

8,151 posts, read 5,416,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd1...eature=related

Throughout the nation there are going to be thousands more people enrolled in Medicaid and every state except one is going to have to come up with matching money," Graham remarks. "I have 12 percent unemployment in South Carolina. My state's on its knees. I have 31 percent African-American population in South Carolina." Linsey Graham

I know we have problem when white folk call out what we see for ourselves! Would it have been better if Graham was black?? He's still telling the truth! But now he's racist!! Did you see that clip? We are proportionately the biggest drain on social assistance systems! And if you think black folk won't be line up for miles to get FREE HEALTH CARE you are out of your mind! Obama Money !! Obama Health 0care!! It's all free! Keep us depending on the government!

We will indeed impact his state!
I want and niether will many more blacks that I know that have HC in the fine state of SC. Im sure all the white people in this state are covered. I dont care what you say LG a far right soldier should not blame SC problems on blacks

Old 12-23-2009, 10:28 PM

8,151 posts, read 5,416,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Yeah that was me. Yes it was in poor taste what Sen. Graham said but a lot of us need to work harder to be less reliant of socialized hand outs. There are also racist democrats...but a lot of blacks and other liberals don't realize and admit that. Racism exists on both parties. And there are some blacks who involve themselves with tea parties and I know some black conservatives who like Sarah Palin. I didn't think she was the best choice for McCain but I agree with a lot of her views.
First I hate welfare it should be stopped completely. It has destroyed black families. Public housing a waste of good land. Racist dems wow they must be well hidden since all dems need the black vote. Poor taste, this man blames the HC problem on your race and all you can say is poor taste. He represents all that the conservative party is,they think," Blacks and Latinos are the problem, if we could just get rid of them. Thats what you want to be a part of be my guest.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:40 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,053,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Well many blacks are conservative because of religion whether it be Christianity or Southern Baptist and many vote based on money issues (taxes). Don't equate a Democrat as someone being Liberal because I would immediately fail that test!
No i'm not black either.

NV , Clinton also got 90+% of the black vote too.
But 36 years ago there weren't as many whites who wanted to vote as people suffering from "white guilt". Blacks didn't elect Obama, they only contributed some votes and maybe enough to stop a tie for the popular vote. Nope, it was whites that elected the man and I really don't blame them for voting as they did because they felt guilt for something, and felt it was time for a black President, no matter who he was. I would have been very happy to vote for a number of blacks who were Dems but not the one that was running.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:48 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,053,728 times
There is no way that Thomas Sowell could ever agree with the Obama administration about much of anything. The man is so far above most of us in his field that none of us can touch him. Of all the conservative thinkers I have to go along with him as the number one man.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
There is no way that Thomas Sowell could ever agree with the Obama administration about much of anything. The man is so far above most of us in his field that none of us can touch him. Of all the conservative thinkers I have to go along with him as the number one man.

Okay...now that you've told me about Sowell....did what he said make common sense???

See we never listen to what is said, simply because we hate the messenger.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I want and niether will many more blacks that I know that have HC in the fine state of SC. Im sure all the white people in this state are covered. I dont care what you say LG a far right soldier should not blame SC problems on blacks

How do you know that for sure? All the whites are covered?

And he's not blaming all the state's problems on blacks! But Graham surely knows where most of the government assistance in his state is going, at this point in time! To blacks!

We don't want anybody to call us out! When Cosby called us out, he was called a Tom. Blacks have ana unwed mother rate of over 70 PERCENT!!! Young black girls with 2 or 3 babies.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS???? Federal assistance!! Food stamps....welfare!!! No insurance!! No fathers!!

Graham is saying..."LOOK...it's already bad for black folk in my state!" When this health care hits, they will indeed line up (just like the Obama Money women in Detroit) and suck the money right out of the system.

We are so PC, we just won't call it like it is!!

Old 12-24-2009, 07:23 AM

23,835 posts, read 10,029,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
No respect for your vote?

Look at the black race as a whole. It would be hard for many people to take blacks serious, let alone a vote.
Same could be said about whites or men or women. How do you take the voters seriously when the most important topic was the economy with an overwhelmingly percentage being against the bailouts yet most of the vote went to the pro bailout candidates Obama and McCain?
The lessor of two evils is still evil.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:09 AM

2,047 posts, read 1,301,604 times
I am gealous why doesnt he have more hispanics particularly mexicans who I know are very conservetive.who unfortunatly,buy into government will take care of me idea.we need someone to articulate the destruction welfare is doing to our families not to mention the freedoms we may lose when the governmet can no longer pay for all of this

Old 12-24-2009, 09:05 AM

4,037 posts, read 7,861,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
How do you know that for sure? All the whites are covered?

And he's not blaming all the state's problems on blacks! But Graham surely knows where most of the government assistance in his state is going, at this point in time! To blacks!

We don't want anybody to call us out! When Cosby called us out, he was called a Tom. Blacks have ana unwed mother rate of over 70 PERCENT!!! Young black girls with 2 or 3 babies.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS???? Federal assistance!! Food stamps....welfare!!! No insurance!! No fathers!!

Graham is saying..."LOOK...it's already bad for black folk in my state!" When this health care hits, they will indeed line up (just like the Obama Money women in Detroit) and suck the money right out of the system.

We are so PC, we just won't call it like it is!!
I love it when someone says something that is as VAblkconservative said "in poor taste" (that's putting it mildly) its immediately defended as being anti-PC. There's a difference between being politically incorrect and being ugly or if we're in the business of calling it like it is, racist.

This is southern racism at its most beautiful and eloquent state. He didn't say anything that was remotely direct or even rude. He threw in that one piece of data and moved on. So one has to read in between the lines.

So translation: Dear Nebraska you are an overwhelmingly white state so you can't possibly relate to the problems of my state. Because only black people cause any problems and of course you know all 31 percent of these South Carolinians are poor none of them actually have educations and work for a living because that's not what black people want to do.

If he had thrown out a statistic about the poverty or just stuck to the high unemployment rate then it wouldn't have been an issue, but no he had to go there with race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies