U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2009, 04:33 AM
 
10,652 posts, read 11,347,155 times
Reputation: 6011

Advertisements


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Ne9...eature=related



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTSax...eature=related




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpIA6GKlxD0




THIS IS A THE BEST SHOW THAT I'VE EVER SEEN ON FOX NEWS....
As a black man myself....this was good to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2009, 04:39 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
Of course there are black conservatives. I would venture to guess that many blacks are conservative. Beck, on the other hand, is a radical. Nothing conservative about him.

Beck would have you believe that all union members are liberals. I have many union member biker friends - iron workers, mostly - and I'd challenge Beck to look any of them in the face and call him a commie liberal. Just because one is black, or a union member, or doesn't constantly b*tch about government and taxes, doesn't mean one isn't conservative. On the other hand, almost all blacks are Democrats. That has nothing to do with liberalism. Nixon and his "Southern Strategy" sealed the deal there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 05:27 AM
 
6,899 posts, read 6,375,596 times
Reputation: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Of course there are black conservatives. I would venture to guess that many blacks are conservative. Beck, on the other hand, is a radical. Nothing conservative about him.

Beck would have you believe that all union members are liberals. I have many union member biker friends - iron workers, mostly - and I'd challenge Beck to look any of them in the face and call him a commie liberal. Just because one is black, or a union member, or doesn't constantly b*tch about government and taxes, doesn't mean one isn't conservative. On the other hand, almost all blacks are Democrats. That has nothing to do with liberalism. Nixon and his "Southern Strategy" sealed the deal there.

I'm one of them....Yes I'm registered as a Democrat, but do not always vote as one. I vote for the BEST option presented. Many blacks have Conservative views, but Conservatives candidates unfortunately do not speak to the Blacks views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 05:36 AM
 
Location: Central, IL
3,408 posts, read 3,460,571 times
Reputation: 1371
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Of course there are black conservatives. I would venture to guess that many blacks are conservative. Beck, on the other hand, is a radical. Nothing conservative about him.

Beck would have you believe that all union members are liberals. I have many union member biker friends - iron workers, mostly - and I'd challenge Beck to look any of them in the face and call him a commie liberal. Just because one is black, or a union member, or doesn't constantly b*tch about government and taxes, doesn't mean one isn't conservative. On the other hand, almost all blacks are Democrats. That has nothing to do with liberalism. Nixon and his "Southern Strategy" sealed the deal there.

I would say that yes most blacks are Democrats, but not almost all. Using the words almost all makes it seem as if there is pretty much no black Republicans, when of course that is not the case. They may be a minority, but not almost non existant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 05:43 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I'm one of them....Yes I'm registered as a Democrat, but do not always vote as one. I vote for the BEST option presented. Many blacks have Conservative views, but Conservatives candidates unfortunately do not speak to the Blacks views.
What passes as conservative nowadays is anything but.

What I see are not conservatives, but angry, hateful and unreasonable malcontents. Limited government is a conservative value. Anti-government is radical and anarchical. What's even more telling is that today's "conservatives" are not anti-government at all. They are just anti-Democratic Party government. They're basically nothing more than schoolyard sore-losers.

The old saying used to be: Conservatives think. Liberals feel. One look around tells me that, while liberals still feel, "conservatives" have abandoned thought altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 05:47 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I would say that yes most blacks are Democrats, but not almost all. Using the words almost all makes it seem as if there is pretty much no black Republicans, when of course that is not the case. They may be a minority, but not almost non existant.
I'm basing that on the election results, which I admit may be misleading regarding party affiliation. Obama got what? 90-some percent of the black vote? Of course, race may play a factor there. I'll see if I can find some statistics on registered Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 05:48 AM
 
8,287 posts, read 11,476,861 times
Reputation: 4938
Well many blacks are conservative because of religion whether it be Christianity or Southern Baptist and many vote based on money issues (taxes). Don't equate a Democrat as someone being Liberal because I would immediately fail that test!
No i'm not black either.

NV , Clinton also got 90+% of the black vote too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 05:50 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,006 posts, read 15,175,904 times
Reputation: 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What passes as conservative nowadays is anything but.

What I see are not conservatives, but angry, hateful and unreasonable malcontents. Limited government is a conservative value. Anti-government is radical and anarchical. What's even more telling is that today's "conservatives" are not anti-government at all. They are just anti-Democratic Party government. They're basically nothing more than schoolyard sore-losers.

The old saying used to be: Conservatives think. Liberals feel. One look around tells me that, while liberals still feel, "conservatives" have abandoned thought altogether.
The "evils" of capitalism.
You need to help out your fellow man with UHC.
We're all gonna die unless C&T is passed.

Just some of the "thinking" that goes on with liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 05:54 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The "evils" of capitalism.
You need to help out your fellow man with UHC.
We're all gonna die unless C&T is passed.

Just some of the "thinking" that goes on with liberals.
I was talking about rightwingers, not liberals. So, what's your point? That the other side does it too? Are you really that eager to prove my point for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 05:59 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,006 posts, read 15,175,904 times
Reputation: 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I was talking about rightwingers, not liberals. So, what's your point? That the other side does it too?
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top