Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : "Climate Gate" Development: CEI Files Notice of Intent to Sue NASA

Quote:
Today, on behalf of the Competitive Enterprise Institute, I filed three Notices of Intent to File Suit against NASA and its Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), for those bodies' refusal - for nearly three years - to provide documents requested under the Freedom of Information Act.

All of that material and that sought for years by CEI go to the heart of the scientific claims and campaign underpinning the Kyoto Protocol, its planned successor treaty, "cap-and-trade" legislation and the EPA's threatened regulatory campaign to impose similar measures through the back door.
Does anyone have a valid reason WHY these researchers won't release their data so it can be reproduced, which is really what true, honest science is all about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 08:48 AM

RealClearPolitics - The Skeptics Are Vindicated

Quote:
"There may be a perfectly innocent explanation," he continues with that impartial aplomb for which we have always adored British lords, but then he reminds just how much government spending and bureaucracy, in Britain and all over the world, has been mounted entirely upon this dubious research; and thus how far-reaching the implications if the obvious turns out to be true.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
If you think about this, there has to be some big, powerful money behind this.
How else could you get two countries, big ones, on board with this.

It's not Al Gore, although he stands to make billions. People out front in the public are not usually the ones. Soros maybe ?

Old 11-25-2009, 12:54 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
I know the HARRY_READ_ME text has already been circulated, but for some this was a bit much to read and a little confusing for them to understand the details of the issues here concerning the blatant attempts to manipulate the records.

As was said, the e-mails are small stuff compared to the code itself and the comments with the code that outline what they are doing in order to avoid detracting from any possibly conflict with the AGW bias.

Climategate: hide the decline – codified « Watts Up With That?

These are blatant folks, you can not spin these without looking like a thief who is chewing on the stolen bread spitting pieces of it back in your face as he tries to explain he didn't take any bread.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I am very sorry to report that the rest of the databases seem to be in nearly as poor a state as Australia was. There are hundreds if not thousands of pairs of dummy stations, one with no WMO and one with, usually overlapping and with the same station name and very similar coordinates.
Oh my.

This is an amazing file to read Nomander.

Quote:
It's Sunday evening, I've worked all weekend, and just when I thought it was done I'm
hitting yet another problem that's based on the hopeless state of our databases. There is no uniform
data integrity, it's just a catalogue of issues that continues to grow as they're found.
That old data integrity problem will bite you in the A** every time.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Default Hacked climate emails a "smear campaign"

Hacked climate emails called a smear campaign | Reuters

Three leading scientists who on Tuesday released a report documenting the accelerating pace of climate change said the scandal that erupted last week over hacked emails from climate scientists is nothing more than a "smear campaign" aimed at sabotaging December climate talks in Copenhagen.

"We're facing an effort by special interests who are trying to confuse the public," said Richard Somerville, Distinguished Professor Emeritus at Scripps Institution of Oceanography and a lead author of the UN IPCC Fourth Assessment Report.

Dissenters see action to slow global warming as "a threat," he said.

They've turned "something innocent into something nefarious," Mann added.

The vital point being left out, he said, is that "regardless of how cherry-picked," there is "absolutely nothing in any of the emails that calls into the question the deep level of consensus of climate change."

This is a "smear campaign to distract the public," said Mann. "Those opposed to climate action, simply don't have the science on their side," he added.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:41 PM

Pretending the climate email leak isn't a crisis won't make it go away | George Monbiot | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Quote:
I have seldom felt so alone. Confronted with crisis, most of the environmentalists I know have gone into denial.
That is usually the response when they realize their God does not exist.

Quote:
The response of the greens and most of the scientists I know is profoundly ironic, as we spend so much of our time confronting other people's denial.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:15 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Deflect!! Deflect!!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:17 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,245,584 times
Yes, by all means, blame the whistle blowers and discoverers of the truth much in the same way as the ACORN fiasco. Villify the heros instead of the actual villians because they don't fit with your inconvenient truth.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:19 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Like ACORN, this IS nothing more than propaganda to buttress their long standing attack on science.

So-called "hacked" emails are then pieced together to show.........well, who cares really.

Quote:
"We're facing an effort by special interests who are trying to confuse the public,"
We had a government under Bush/Cheney who attempted to confuse the public. They edited official government environmental reports on the topic. Its nothing new, its the same old, same old

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4694413
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies