U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 09:26 PM

58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
That is, they were manipulating the data by using improper methods to hide divergence which indicated that their hypothesis was incorrect.
Funny how you jump from claiming they tweaked the code to now claiming they manipulated the data. Anything goes.....

Make up your mind, and show me the lines of code which prove your accusations. I hope you realize you are throwing crap on the wall with hopes that some of it will stick. So far none has stuck too well.

Its just a little too easy to say "the proof is in the stolen e-mails", but when asked to point to some specific data, you can't. Why? Because there is nothing in the stolen data to prove your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 09:28 PM

9,881 posts, read 8,749,550 times
Funny how people continue to defend Al Gore and his inept army of charlatans.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:31 PM

13,072 posts, read 11,071,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Funny how you jump from claiming they tweaked the code to now claiming they manipulated the data. Anything goes.....

Make up your mind, and show me the lines of code which prove your accusations. I hope you realize you are throwing crap on the wall with hopes that some of it will stick. So far none has stuck too well.
I pasted 3 files of the code. Read them, look for the notation of starting points concerning dates and decline. You think you have me, but I honestly know where we will go next, which will be another clever wave off.

Enter the discussion or look stupid. Your call.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,470,229 times
Quote:

Its just a little too easy to say "the proof is in the stolen e-mails", but when asked to point to some specific data, you can't. Why? Because there is nothing in the stolen data to prove your point.
Have you read the Harry_txt file? It is replete with stuff like this;

Armed and Dangerous » Blog Archive » Hiding the Decline: Part 1 – The Adventure Begins

Quote:
;
; Apply a VERY ARTIFICAL correction for decline!!
;
yrloc=[1400,findgen(19)*5.+1904]
valadj=[0.,0.,0.,0.,0.,-0.1,-0.25,-0.3,0.,- 0.1,0.3,0.8,1.2,1.7,2.5,2.6,2.6,$
2.6,2.6,2.6]*0.75 ; fudge factor
if n_elements(yrloc) ne n_elements(valadj) then message,’Oooops!’
;
yearlyadj=interpol(valadj,yrloc,timey)
Quote:
From the CRU code file osborn-tree6/briffa_sep98_d.pro
Stuff like this is all through that file.

Adjustments, corrections, deletions, omissions - all through the file.

Amazing the intellectual dishonesty of the deniers.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I pasted 3 files of the code. Read them, look for the notation of starting points concerning dates and decline. You think you have me, but I honestly know where we will go next, which will be another clever wave off.

Enter the discussion or look stupid. Your call.
There is nothing suspicious about the code, so it's not me looking stupid.

I am not going to ask you for the fourth time to present the lines of code which you think prove something. By refusing to do so proved you have no proof whatsoever.

To be honest with you I have no clue whatsoever why the mods went ahead and merged my thread into this one. Did it throw you off? Is that is the reason you are having difficulty proving your claims?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Have you read the Harry_txt file? It is replete with stuff like this;

Armed and Dangerous » Blog Archive » Hiding the Decline: Part 1 – The Adventure Begins

Stuff like this is all through that file.

Adjustments, corrections, deletions, omissions - all through the file.

Amazing the intellectual dishonesty of the deniers.
I think next he will ask you to "step him through it", you know "this is a variable", "this is a constant", "this is decision statement", "this is a loop", to which he will likely then focus attention trying to correct you on your use of such terms while cleverly avoiding anything you might explain and then proclaiming himself correct and your response nothing but wild accusations.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:

I am not going to ask you for the fourth time to present the lines of code which you think prove something. By refusing to do so proved you have no proof whatsoever.

To be honest with you I have no clue whatsoever why the mods went ahead and merged my thread into this one. Did it throw you off? Is that is the reason you are having difficulty proving your claims?
Well it seems you have achieved exactly what you had planned to do then. Dismiss anything provided as irrelevant and unfounded. Good thing I didn't waste any time on you. Now you can run off and high-five your buddies at the talking point sites.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:

Just admit you won't read the Harry_txt file to satisfy your un-curious nature. We all know why you don't want to, but the code is there, the comments are there, the altering, omitting and deleting data is there. The poor SOB can't make heads or tails of the data and code. It is an absolute mess with duplicate files and station data.

Did you see my previous post, with just one snippet of code? That kind of stuff is replete throughout the file.

Of course, you want others to pull it out for you so you can then think of another pathetic excuse to dismiss it.

Just admit it and save everybody time and effort - you don't care what the files say and have no intention of reading them.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Well it seems you have achieved exactly what you had planned to do then. Dismiss anything provided as irrelevant and unfounded. Good thing I didn't waste any time on you. Now you can run off and high-five your buddies at the talking point sites.
You haven't provided anything or any value, only talking points from your handlers, so yes, it is time for you to give up. No sale. Sorry. Nice try though.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:04 PM

NIWA - NIWA confirms temperature rise (http://www.niwa.co.nz/news-and-publications/news/all/niwa-confirms-temperature-rise - broken link)

NIWA confirms temperature rise

With their manufactured data and everything!

Quote:
NIWA’s analysis of measured temperatures uses internationally accepted techniques, including making adjustments for changes such as movement of measurement sites.
I don't think that will fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or