Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 02:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Nothing to disagree with. The process might be flawed (in this one case), but not the science involved, nor the theory it supports.
(kind of surprised you posted it, i thought about looking for it online when i watched it on the National)
Is that your interpretation of what he was saying? OMfG, is there no end to the spin.

If they have been fudging the data (see my previous post on ONE example) and now can't produce the original, raw data, the science and the theory are in the crapper.

If the result can't be reproduced (which is what science is all about), then the theory is false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Is that your interpretation of what he was saying? OMfG, is there no end to the spin.

If they have been fudging the data (see my previous post on ONE example) and now can't produce the original, raw data, the science and the theory are in the crapper.
Sanrene, I dont know if you saw that congressional hearing earlier this week but that is exactly what the wacky left is saying!

These guys may have messed some stuff up but it doesn’t have any real impact on the “science of AGW”.

I just about fell out of my chair while watching. That is total bull! Every aspect of AGW rests on the work of CRU.

ALL of it. CRU’s main purpose is to prove that there has never been a period like the current period. If you cannot get rid of the MWP, then you cannot say the warming today is because of mankind.

ALL of AGW rests on the work of CRUs work to get rid of the MWP. These guys are a freaking joke, but they have powerful politicians who are propping them up.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:09 PM

Danish Parliamentary Speaker;

Parliamentary Speaker: Climate debate derailed? - Politiken.dk

Quote:
The Speaker of the Danish Parliament has issued a damning criticism of the climate debate, saying politicians gullibly turn theories into facts.
Quote:
“You should say that although we believed in our models, that the temperature would rise from 1998 to 2008, we have to admit that it has not risen. We cannot explain why it has not risen, but we believe we still have a problem. I’m just asking that people say what they actually know,” Pedersen tells DR.

Pedersen says that a major challenge is how to ensure energy and food to cater for the major population growth the world will be experiencing, and that the COP15 Climate Summit could result in an agreement that reduces the pressure on the Earth.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Nothing to disagree with. The process might be flawed (in this one case), but not the science involved, nor the theory it supports.
(kind of surprised you posted it, i thought about looking for it online when i watched it on the National)
how about you pick one specific point of the science that is “settled” and make the case and lets see just how settled it is?

That would be really fun!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:26 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:

If the result can't be reproduced (which is what science is all about), then the theory is false.
It never even made the theory stage.

They never had evidence that supported their hypothesis as their experiments kept producing divergence that they could not explain. So rather than revising their hypothesis, they simply threw out or manipulated their experiments to fall in line with their hypothesis essentially manufacturing their theory.

Models can not be used to establish a theory as they are untestable and simply conjecture. This is a problem application based physics has with theoretical physics and there is division even in that field concerning what is "fact" and what is simply a sound speculation.

Heck, the climate science didn't even reach "sound speculation" as they could not even get their models to deal with divergence without "making it up".

Personally, I blame our dreadful education system (even university level). Have you seen some of the texts even in the science departments? It is disgusting how much this shoddy political approach to science has manipulated the process.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:28 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
how about you pick one specific point of the science that is “settled” and make the case and lets see just how settled it is?

That would be really fun!
Oh, I would love to hear about this specific point as well. /waits patiently

Old 12-04-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Oh, I would love to hear about this specific point as well. /waits patiently
Better get a sack lunch, I am afraid we will be here a while waiting on the answer.....

Old 12-04-2009, 02:42 PM

We are missing are resident AGW fanatics, have you noticed?

What's Up With That?

Old 12-04-2009, 02:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:

What's Up With That?
They cancelled their appearances just like Gore did.
They have to follow their leader

Did they all go into hiding to regroup ?
I hear Al is going through his powerpoints throwing out those "inconvenient facts" !

Old 12-04-2009, 02:46 PM

82 posts, read 80,699 times
Quote:

What's Up With That?
They're being their true liberal selves and dogging Glenn Beck for his Christmas Sweater play which is meant to enlighten people who may feel that they are helpless and hopeless. Don't they constantly get on the roof tops and scream to the top of their lungs that the liberals are the only ones that care about people? Sorry, off topic.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies