Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 10:24 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So what do "your people" say about the hacked code ?
Haven't had to see them (dont know if anyone else was doing anything with the story) . I'm in L.A. (still)

But it's already old news, so i doubt that there will be any interest as far as local coverage.

Most of the things that are "discussed" here, are not considered, newsworthy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 10:33 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Haven't had to see them (dont know if anyone else was doing anything with the story) . I'm in L.A. (still)

But it's already old news, so i doubt that there will be any interest as far as local coverage.

Most of the things that are "discussed" here, are not considered, newsworthy!!
The age of the news is irrelevant. Contradictions of hypotheses do not have a statute of limitations. If your colleagues believed its of no interest simply because it's "old news", they are not really scientists regardless of what their title says.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:04 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The age of the news is irrelevant. Contradictions of hypotheses do not have a statute of limitations. If your colleagues believed its of no interest simply because it's "old news", they are not really scientists regardless of what their title says.
My "co-workers" are in the media, and not the education field.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
There are thousands of sources for information, other then Al Gore, Foxnews or CRU (and other data and ways to look at it)
I have mine (my alumnis, MSU and the U of M climate group and AOSS department), and you seem to have yours.
Your sources are either ignorant, head in the sand biased, or simply devious. For them not knowing the details of this and them not even mentioning the CRU is telling.

My sources are not the "news" as the news media is for idiot sheep.

My sources are analysis and commentary that concerns the science directly, more specifically the research in question and how the code obtained combined with the e-mails shows the issues the analyst were having with replication of the studies by those involved with the CRU.

My sources are such as:

http://www.climateaudit.org/

Watts Up With That?

And many others of climate scientist who discuss the research on their blogs.

The reason I use them is that they do not take the stance of appealing to authority expecting the reader to bow down to their wisdom. They discuss the science itself, the data, the results of the data, the publication and review process. They discuss that which is relevant to the field of study and that which is key to this current CRU find.

The media is blowing this off in some realms because they are part of the problem. Just like these scientists, they have broken their vow to be objective and report the facts. They are a political machine, just as these scientist who were caught are.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:40 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times

Deniers are really stupid. Or really dedicated to their cause - so dedicated that they'll lie willingly.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:44 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

Deniers are really stupid. Or really dedicated to their cause - so dedicated that they'll lie willingly.

So, you take the word of one of those implicated in this over the evidence presented and you call us stupid? /pats you on the head.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:

Jones stepped down. Gore cancelled.
They finally came out and said they destroyed the original data.

And you still say the "deniers" lie ?

ROFL..if those CRU scientists really could back up their hypothesis they would and would present the data and how they came to their conclusions.
That is how science works...and if the data proves your hypothesis wrong, then you rework your hypothesis and start all over again.
It seems that these guys just changed the data to fall in line with their hypothesis. If that is not the case, then they should be all over the public defending their process.

BUT THEY ARE NOT, are they ?

Old 12-05-2009, 02:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's why the CRU head has stepped down, the CRU is launching an investigation, the MET Office is launching an investigation, the UN/IPCC is launching an investigation, scientist the world over are condemning the behavior of this cabal..........reports of the data and code in chaos.....but still...you believe.

I have no idea how some can be so gullible.

Hello?? Anybody home?? Trenberth is part of the cabal!

Nothing he says has an ounce of credibility.

The new deniers - their world is crumbling.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:16 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
So, you take the word of one of those implicated in this over the evidence presented and you call us stupid? /pats you on the head.
Yes. I take their word over a pack of lying wingnuts who have been wrong about almost everything they've said for the last 20 years.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Yes. I take their word over a pack of lying wingnuts who have been wrong about almost everything they've said for the last 20 years.
"lying wingnuts" ?

The truth is out there and you still do not see.

Why would Jones step down if those emails are "made up" ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies