U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 05:58 PM

10,963 posts, read 7,863,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So you are saying there isn't a problem with the Black community ?
It's all media hype ?

Sorry, but statistics say otherwise.
I never said there were NO PROBLEMS in the black community go back and read the last paragraph of my last post. What I'm saying over the course of the past several decades there has been considerable progress. Most of which does NOT get discussed in the media. This whole premise that Black people in America are about to self destruct is more fallacy than fact.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:22 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,809,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I never said there were NO PROBLEMS in the black community go back and read the last paragraph of my last post. What I'm saying over the course of the past several decades there has been considerable progress. Most of which does NOT get discussed in the media. This whole premise that Black people in America are about to self destruct is more fallacy than fact.
4 out of 5 inner city youth end up in the criminal justice system.
If that is not a red flag saying something is not right then what is ?

The New Jim Crow: Mass Inceration of African American Men

Old 05-28-2012, 06:24 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,411,890 times
Quote:

Ye, it's a red flag that cops, judges and DA's go out of their way to criminalize 'blck youth'....

All youth are somewhat wild and mischevious...but not all youth get charged the same, or are even seen as a threat...I've witnessed this first hand...Oh...and I forgot to add 'duh'...

Old 05-28-2012, 06:24 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,120,366 times
Quote:

The fifth guy just never gets caught

Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Ye, it's a red flag that cops, judges and DA's go out of their way to criminalize 'blck youth'....

All youth are somewhat wild and mischevious...but not all youth get charged the same...I've witnessed this first hand...
So the Black thug culture is a nit and really not the reason ?
It's racist cops, DAs, judges and juries all out to get the Black youth ?
And this is happening in cities all over the US.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 PM

18,577 posts, read 15,995,561 times
Quote:

What a sobering statistic, these kids will have a hard time getting a job and become a burden on society.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post

All youth are somewhat wild and mischevious...but not all youth get charged the same, or are even seen as a threat...I've witnessed this first hand...Oh...and I forgot to add 'duh'...
There maybe some truth to this but when the stats are that high more than institutional bias is at play.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What a sobering statistic, these kids will have a hard time getting a job and become a burden on society.
The article says 70% of those incarcerated go back to jail within 2 years.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I guess when you start from virtually zero any improvement is magnified.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:33 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,411,890 times
When cops go out of their way to criminalize black youth, and give them records before age 18...that right there robs them of many opportunities...heavy handedness from the legal system has already crippled their future, before they get a chance to mature...

So even when they mature, doors are closed in their face...no one will hire them...18...and can't get a job cause of some bogus Jay walking charge or loitering charge...

18, no job, no one will hire you...what would you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or