Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 11:19 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wethrowpie View Post
That's not actually what was meant by the posting. Many of you lack the capacity to infer meaning from posts I guess. The intention was stating that blacks need to refine themselves at a base level and work upwards. When you present 'thug attitude' to the world at age 35/40 etc what should you expect to get back? This isn't just to address their own standing in the world, but to provide a reference point for younger generations to emulate.

How many of you would actually hire a thug type vs. a respectable type for a position in your business?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABQLFZ0l94o
But you are basing the whole group off of one subculture. Just like you tried using an example about a child, but didnt give true reasonings on why he died.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:21 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I agree with you, I was just pointing out the fact that you told him, to come to philly if he wanted to truely discuss the problems with the people that need to do something about it. But if he lives in Chicago, and they are simular, why would he have to go to Philly, why not in Chicago?
yup.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,278,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
There are wannabe mall thugs of every ethnic group. There were counter cultures and graffitti in ancient Rome. If it makes you feel superior to look down on them that's your problem, those who sell them the Counter Culture Uniforms know how to exploit it.

just like the new generation of thugs
It worked out really well for them, didn't it? They also fed people to lions for entertainment.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:26 AM

96 posts, read 130,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
But you are basing the whole group off of one subculture. Just like you tried using an example about a child, but didnt give true reasonings on why he died.
I don't know how you can live in Chicago and not face the bitter reality that the black race is widely falling down. This isn't a niche problem.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be facing Somalia conditions before people wise up.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:58 AM

403 posts, read 534,745 times
real thugs vs wanna be thugs
ppl need to know the difference.
a lot of drug dealers are great with math, science, economics & finances
a lot of gangsters are good thinkers, team players & problem solvers
a lot of thugs are family oriented & some of the reasons why they sell drugs is to provide for their family because they couldnt get hired at a job with benefits & livable wages.

to a felon, drug money is more tempting than mcdonalds money.
as long as there are crackheads in this country, there will always a job opening in the streets.

but i believe a lot of them are starting to see the picture that the thug life isnt what its cracked to be. its too late for most but not too late for a few.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:21 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wethrowpie View Post
I don't know how you can live in Chicago and not face the bitter reality that the black race is widely falling down. This isn't a niche problem.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be facing Somalia conditions before people wise up.
How, easily, here in Chicago, I am able to see most every race on every side of the fence. I am able to see thugs, professionals, philanthropists, trash etc...

It allows me to see that not all of one group of people is the same as a sub culture of that group.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:38 PM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times
The reason why I'm calling him racist, not all white guys, is because in 95% of his posts, he is talking down on the black race.

In one of his posts he mentioned that "black folks are prone to commit violent crime & also catch HIV" and this is not true because this is not only a 'black thing' as he said in other words.
Anyone of any race can become HIV positive or is likely to commit a crime.
He shouldn't base facts like this based on the color of someone's skin.

Also, for him to say "the black race is falling down", that also a false fact.
That is based on how he feels, & his feelings give me the impression that he's always looking down on the black race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Why does a white guy that basically says the same things Bill Cosby, myself and other blacks being called a racist?

My parents feel the same way as Bill Cosby. Let me guess, they're self hating blacks and sell-outs.

I currently manage a homeless shelter in Chicago. I get the numbers every month as it relates to the total number of homeless and it's categorized by age,race and gender.

Black men which account for 71% to 77% of the homeless population in Chicago, a city with 36% total black population.

I've manged several shelters in 3 different cities and ALWAYS 90%(+) of the clients in the shelters are black men/women.

MOST of them are multiple convicted felons and/or drug abusers and alcoholics.

Take a wild guess as to which clients cause the most problems? It's not the white, Asian or Hispanic clients.

The black male clients have to be the most difficult unfocused clients that i deal with. The black male clients are the only clients that I have to be concerned about as it relates to my safety. The black male clients are the only clients are the only clients that walk around with the bad attitudes and chips on their shoulders. The black male clients are by far the laziest clients in the shelters. What's really bizar is most of our volunteers and finacial supporters are whites.

My remarks come from years of working in many shelters in 3 major cities.

Do I hate my own race? No. But I am highly disappointed.

Last edited by imalert; 11-24-2009 at 01:04 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 12:38 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
real thugs vs wanna be thugs
ppl need to know the difference.
a lot of drug dealers are great with math, science, economics & finances
a lot of gangsters are good thinkers, team players & problem solvers
a lot of thugs are family oriented & some of the reasons why they sell drugs is to provide for their family because they couldnt get hired at a job with benefits & livable wages.

to a felon, drug money is more tempting than mcdonalds money.
as long as there are crackheads in this country, there will always a job opening in the streets.

but i believe a lot of them are starting to see the picture that the thug life isnt what its cracked to be. its too late for most but not too late for a few.
I heart love.doll. I agree with you. Malcolm X talked about the first things you wrote in the "my life in crime" part of his autobiography.

Last edited by diva360; 11-24-2009 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: gratuitous "as"

Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 PM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Its interesting how 2-3 times a day a different thread is started on ONE specific race. By the way, the Black race will be fine, if what you claim was the case, the WHITE race would have died off during the most ugliest time this country has seen. If you choose to define your life and your ability to breath on the actions of others, then that would be a very pitiful life for you.
You are so right!

The reason why so many threads are now posted on one race is because this country now has a black president & ego driven people, like that poster "wethrowpie" for example, will do anything they can to find topics to talk down on the race.

It is all about a power struggle & there are a great number of people who still can't accept the fact that someone of a different race is now in an upper office, in other words, "The White House".

Old 11-24-2009, 01:05 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
You are so right!

The reason why so many threads are now posted on one race is because this country now has a black president & ego driven people, like that poster "wethrowpie" for example, will do anything they can to find topics to talk down on the race.

It is all about a power struggle & there are a great number of people who still can't accept the fact that someone of a different race is now in an upper office, in other words, "The White House".
I totally agree, and I am disappointed with how some white people are behaving. They should know better, but they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies