Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How do you know?
I turned on Oprah and caught about 3/4 of the show. there are apparently people on this forum who saw it but are clearly not supporters. I'm not the only one. Besides, it is common sense. oh wait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 08:04 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
We love train wrecks. Yes we do. Run Sarah Run!!!

No truer words were spoken! Look who the liberals chose for president, a train wreck!

Palin gets attention. Palin has the left wingers running scared. Palin has the left obsessed with her. Palin is a winner.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Palin is helping the ratings of comedians as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka-AWm8s6eQ

Old 11-20-2009, 10:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You keep saying that. But the behavior of the Left, the media and obama contradicts the statement.

OFA, obama's own political arm is begging for money to push back against Palin. The media is clamoring for interviews and appearances and the Left is just insane with the rage.
When did I ever say Sarah was as irrelevant as a rock star before?

BTW, the RW mocked Obama for having the popularity of a rock star. Hypocrisy much?

Old 11-21-2009, 06:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The documentary, which I sadly missed in the theatres, was about what capitalism could become if the people got involved, not about its evils. I can't imagine anyone who saw the movie or read reviews about it would get that impression. I think Sarah Palin is savvy in a distrustful way and some people mistake that for intelligence. She quit her job, effectively turning her back on her Alaskan constituency, to make money and obtain power. She won't serve America, she'll use it for personal gain. Is that any different from our current crop of politicians? And is that "smart"? I beg to differ.
I am simply not a fan of Moore's work, as well as the way he plays on liberal ideals and emotions for personal gain, so I might be biased against his work.

As for Palin, I think intelligent is a better word than smart. If she were smart she would have waited 10-15 years to try and get into national politics and she definitely would not have quit the governorship. I agree 100% on that.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:24 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
So, since the original post was about ratings for a Sarah Palin appearance...Bill O'Reilly's Sarah Palin ratings on Thursday, for the first of a three day Palin interview, were not as large as Sean Hannity's...but both really demolished the competition (closest competition on another network was about 3 million viewers less). And, of course, everyone on Fox News from 5:00PM - 10:00PM who didn't have Palin on their shows, also demolished the competition, just by not as much, but that's nothing new.

O'Reilly - 4,120,000 (Thursday)
Hannity - 4,200,000 (Wednesday)

Thursday:

The Scoreboard: Thursday, Nov. 19 - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

Old 11-21-2009, 06:28 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, here's what I'm thinking. If, for some reason, Sarah Palin decides not to run in 2012 and Mike Huckabee does decide to run in 2012 (he has the highest approval ratings right now from Republican voters of all possible candidates mentioned), Fox News should offer her Huckabee's weekend show because Huckabee won't be able to do both. A weekend show would allow her the time to do her thing the rest of the week, plus stay in the public eye, plus it would be a win for Fox News.

Mike Huckabee. Sarah Palin. FOX News.

This country is so screwed.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:37 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Mike Huckabee. Sarah Palin. FOX News.

This country is so screwed.
You probably live in the most politically corrupt state in the country. If I were you, I'd worry more about what's going on closer to home.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:53 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Let's face it, she is a total rock star!

People love her.

Her book tour is drawing thousands in every town.

People are sleeping on the sidewalks to get her to sign her book.

She is a total phenom.

The liberals are running scared of Palin.
I can't speak for the more liberal leaning Democrats, but the moderate ones such as myself certainly aren't worried about her. We already saw her be the death blow to one Republican presidential campaign and she simply doesn't have the clout and support to make a serious run.

If Palin wins the GOP nomination in 2012, you're looking at a landslide loss the likes of which you can't even imagine.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:27 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, since the original post was about ratings for a Sarah Palin appearance...Bill O'Reilly's Sarah Palin ratings on Thursday, for the first of a three day Palin interview, were not as large as Sean Hannity's...but both really demolished the competition (closest competition on another network was about 3 million viewers less). And, of course, everyone on Fox News from 5:00PM - 10:00PM who didn't have Palin on their shows, also demolished the competition, just by not as much, but that's nothing new.

O'Reilly - 4,120,000 (Thursday)
Hannity - 4,200,000 (Wednesday)

Thursday:

The Scoreboard: Thursday, Nov. 19 - mediabistro.com: TVNewser
Sarah Palin's interview with syndicated radio host Mark Levin was outstanding too. She sold 300,000 copies of her book the first day it was released, and it's already in its second printing. For someone who is a "quitter" and who I am told has the intelligence of a head of Safeway iceberg lettuce, I'd say she's not doing too badly....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies