U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:29 PM

2,130 posts, read 3,933,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Mike Huckabee. Sarah Palin. FOX News.

This country is so screwed.
Go un$crew yourself and change the TV channel then. There! And that didn't cost any taxpayer money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 12:16 AM

13,773 posts, read 18,470,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Sarah Palin's interview with syndicated radio host Mark Levin was outstanding too. She sold 300,000 copies of her book the first day it was released, and it's already in its second printing. For someone who is a "quitter" and who I am told has the intelligence of a head of Safeway iceberg lettuce, I'd say she's not doing too badly....
Well let's be honest. This didn't require a great bit of intelligence.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:21 AM

11,145 posts, read 13,576,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Let's face it, she is a total rock star!

People love her.

Her book tour is drawing thousands in every town.

People are sleeping on the sidewalks to get her to sign her book.

She is a total phenom.

The liberals are running scared of Palin.
Weren't you, specifically, denigrating Obama for being treated like a rock star?

For people loving him?

For having best selling books?

For being a total phenom?

Hypocritical much?

Shall we point out again that Britney Spears has a similar following? Is she qualified to be president? When are you all going to realize the greatest gift you could ever give to liberals would be Sarah Palin?

She would be welcomed with open arms, I can assure you.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:23 AM

23,889 posts, read 16,138,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Sarah Palin's interview with syndicated radio host Mark Levin was outstanding too. She sold 300,000 copies of her book the first day it was released, and it's already in its second printing. For someone who is a "quitter" and who I am told has the intelligence of a head of Safeway iceberg lettuce, I'd say she's not doing too badly....
So sorry to burst youur bubble, but the entire bestseller book thing is a scam. The book is bought in very large quantities by far right wing book clubs and such. It is then practically given away as a promotional book along with others for joining the club. Palin's book will fade into oblivion in the bargain book bin in relatively short order.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:24 AM

It's really fascinating how intrigued you conservatives suddenly are with popularity.

When Bush's approval rating plummeted to around 25%, you all said how noble he was to stand in the face of popularity and do what he believed was right (wrong as it proved to be).

More hypocrisy. I guess you all need a leader and Rush isn't doing it any more.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So sorry to burst youur bubble, but the entire bestseller book thing is a scam. The book is bought in very large quantities by far right wing book clubs and such. It is then practically given away as a promotional book along with others for joining the club. Palin's book will fade into oblivion in the bargain book bin in relatively short order.
That's what baffles me. She technically had a certified best-seller before the book was even released.

It means nothing. I'd be surprised if it lasts once her base has made their purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or