U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-22-2009, 02:32 PM
 
207 posts, read 274,828 times
Reputation: 160

Advertisements

I am so disgusted by some of the comments on here, that I had to stop reading them.

We need to stop with this finger pointing. Why are white southerners the only people in the entire world we are allowed to talk about as if they are helpless mutants? The hatred towards the South shown on here is based on ignorance at best.

I can come up with a long list here of racism that exists in EVERY part of the world. Why is it only white people who get penalized for racism?

Guess what? News Flash! Arabs in the Middle East treat blacks badly. The slave trade occured in the Muslim world before it occured in the European world.

Go to Japan and see how those people view blacks. The Japanese are so racist, they don't allow anyone of a different ethnic group from their own to immigrate to their society.

Do you guys hold white people to a higher standard or something? Why are whites the only people in the world who must constantly get punished and reminded about how racist we are, when EVERY race and culture has been guilty of it?

I saw one comment saying that blacks learned their ghetto behavior from violent white southerners. How absurd! How does this explain the violence shown by black African immigrants all over Europe, Latin America, AND in Africa? Where did those blacks learn their violence from?

But of course we have to blame to white man for all the world's evils, because I guess the white man is the only one tough enough to take the heat.

Racism occurs everywhere in the world where you have more than one race interacting. I have noticed that the only people in the entire world who have this "I am holier than you" attitude when it comes to racism, just happen to be white people who live in sheltered , exclusively white areas of Europe , Canada, and the Northern parts of the United States. How can you claim to be any better than the rest of us, when you don't even live around people who are different from you?

And here is another news flash...racism occurs up North too, wherever you have diversity. I have seen it first hand.

Why don't you guys just come out and say it....you sincerely believe that white southerners are helpless mutants that evolved out of the trash on the ground? I find it funny that you don't feel the same way about nonwhite Third World immigrants when they are 10 times as likely to have the undesirable qualities that you attribute to white southerners.

Your ignorant hatred disgusts me. Your hippy, distorted view of the world is what is destroying the country. White southerners are at least realistic about race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2009, 02:37 PM
 
207 posts, read 274,828 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
not surprising, ghetto black or thug culture probably originated in the south though it has pretty much spread. blacks learned or adopted this behavior or mindset from bigoted, sometimes violent but aggressive, haughty, self-entitled racist whites. now the thug culture is negative, not necessarily ghetto though. though it can be intertwined as well.

title: Author shows same roots for white trash and ghetto trash
The Cornell Review | When the Cracker Becomes Blacker (http://www.cornellamerican.com/article.php?id=127&page=view - broken link)

How ridiculous! I guess everything bad in the world originated from white people. We just can't hold any minority accountable for their own actions now can we?

And I will say this before I close.....I have NEVER driven through a white rural area in the South while fearing for my life! When you accuse southern whites of being violent in the same sense blacks in the ghetto are , what do you mean? Do you mean drive bys are constantly going on? I don't hear of anything like this in white southern rural areas....only occasionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
 
10,720 posts, read 16,845,417 times
Reputation: 9878
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
How ridiculous! I guess everything bad in the world originated from white people. We just can't hold any minority accountable for their own actions now can we?

And I will say this before I close.....I have NEVER driven through a white rural area in the South while fearing for my life! When you accuse southern whites of being violent in the same sense blacks in the ghetto are , what do you mean? Do you mean drive bys are constantly going on? I don't hear of anything like this in white southern rural areas....only occasionally.
I'm guessing you are a white heterosexual. Talk to minorities especially Blacks in the deep South especially the ones who have been assaulted by hate groups. Gays have also feared for their safety in these areas and often don't come out for fear of being assaulted. Being Hispanic and having lived in Dallas, I wouldn't stop at certain gas stations or eat in small towns in the rural areas surrounding it. I had to go out of my to drive safe and not speed because we were told that the Texas police could be hostile as well particularly the highway patrol. We had to be very selective where I lived in Dallas because there were areas that were not tolerant of minorities, foreigners and gays. I felt much safer living in Los Angelas and Phoenix than I did in Dallas. It makes me laugh because people talk about Southern Hospitality and they should finish that sentence by saying "Southern Hospitality only if you are White, Christian and Heterosexual." For minorities, non-Christians and homosexuals, the South and Rural areas are anything but hospitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 03:19 PM
 
207 posts, read 274,828 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm guessing you are a white heterosexual. Talk to minorities especially Blacks in the deep South especially the ones who have been assaulted by hate groups. Gays have also feared for their safety in these areas and often don't come out for fear of being assaulted. Being Hispanic and having lived in Dallas, I wouldn't stop at certain gas stations or eat in small towns in the rural areas surrounding it. I had to go out of my to drive safe and not speed because we were told that the Texas police could be hostile as well particularly the highway patrol. We had to be very selective where I lived in Dallas because there were areas that were not tolerant of minorities, foreigners and gays. I felt much safer living in Los Angelas and Phoenix than I did in Dallas.
And FBI reports continue to show that a higher percentage of blacks and hispanics commit crimes anywhere in the country than whites. But I guess the police are racist too according to people like you.....we just can't get anywhere can we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,117,269 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm guessing you are a white heterosexual. Talk to minorities especially Blacks in the deep South especially the ones who have been assaulted by hate groups. Gays have also feared for their safety in these areas and often don't come out for fear of being assaulted. Being Hispanic and having lived in Dallas, I wouldn't stop at certain gas stations or eat in small towns in the rural areas surrounding it. I had to go out of my to drive safe and not speed because we were told that the Texas police could be hostile as well particularly the highway patrol. We had to be very selective where I lived in Dallas because there were areas that were not tolerant of minorities, foreigners and gays. I felt much safer living in Los Angelas and Phoenix than I did in Dallas. It makes me laugh because people talk about Southern Hospitality and they should finish that sentence by saying "Southern Hospitality only if you are White, Christian and Heterosexual." For minorities, non-Christians and homosexuals, the South and Rural areas are anything but hospitable.
On the flip side, talk to a white guy in the inner city who has been jumped by black or hispanic gang members or talk to a white woman that has been harassed by mexican or black men..

It seems that racial intolerance towards any other ethnic minority is wrong and horrible, but when it comes to White Southerners, oh.. they are "intolerant" so therefore it is ok to make generalizations and racist comments about them and how "unenlightened" "THEY" are..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 04:17 PM
 
Location: The Land Mass Between NOLA and Mobile, AL
1,796 posts, read 1,293,312 times
Reputation: 1398
r
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
On the flip side, talk to a white guy in the inner city who has been jumped by black or hispanic gang members or talk to a white woman that has been harassed by mexican or black men..

It seems that racial intolerance towards any other ethnic minority is wrong and horrible, but when it comes to White Southerners, oh.. they are "intolerant" so therefore it is ok to make generalizations and racist comments about them and how "unenlightened" "THEY" are..
I agree with what you are saying in spirit. But as a white woman, I have suffered far more damage in terms of harassment and outright abuse at the hands of white men than anybody else. Maybe that's why my boyfriend is not white--I don't know. I do know that I find it ridiculous when members of the most powerful group on the planet get all worked up when someone merely criticizes other members of that group. I'm like, get over yourselves, already. Everyone else has. You are not that f***ing special. Deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 06:59 PM
 
Location: NW Nevada
13,340 posts, read 10,911,844 times
Reputation: 12290
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
r

I agree with what you are saying in spirit. But as a white woman, I have suffered far more damage in terms of harassment and outright abuse at the hands of white men than anybody else. Maybe that's why my boyfriend is not white--I don't know. I do know that I find it ridiculous when members of the most powerful group on the planet get all worked up when someone merely criticizes other members of that group. I'm like, get over yourselves, already. Everyone else has. You are not that f***ing special. Deal.
Wow, just ...wow. OK, I'm a white , male, heterosexual, and never thought I am anything special. Quite ordinary actually, and from where I'm standing, whomever it is that thinks they are something special, and needs to 'deal' is not a white male. LMAO, I have been tossed out like a ruddy dishrag by white females, cheated on, and had my self esteem squished like a scorpion under a cowboy boot, and despite all the hurt and damage caused, I never held it against ALL white women, and blanketed the whole group with contempt. From where I'm sittin' you got issues of your own that need dealing with, and it seems that you are using being in an interracial relationship as some kind of weapon, hoping to provoke a negative response from white men, and assume that all white men give a fart in a high wind who you date. News flash, there are a LOT of white , rural dwelling, pickup driving, lovin' the hunting and fishing with our kids on the weekend types out here that love our wives, more than life itself, would stop a bullet for them or our kids , in a heartbeat, have never raised a hand to our ladyfolk and , guess what, don't care who sleeps with who. Lifes to short to worry about folks who got burned along the way and feel they need to make a statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
 
Location: The Land Mass Between NOLA and Mobile, AL
1,796 posts, read 1,293,312 times
Reputation: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow, just ...wow. OK, I'm a white , male, heterosexual, and never thought I am anything special. Quite ordinary actually, and from where I'm standing, whomever it is that thinks they are something special, and needs to 'deal' is not a white male. LMAO, I have been tossed out like a ruddy dishrag by white females, cheated on, and had my self esteem squished like a scorpion under a cowboy boot, and despite all the hurt and damage caused, I never held it against ALL white women, and blanketed the whole group with contempt. From where I'm sittin' you got issues of your own that need dealing with, and it seems that you are using being in an interracial relationship as some kind of weapon, hoping to provoke a negative response from white men, and assume that all white men give a fart in a high wind who you date. News flash, there are a LOT of white , rural dwelling, pickup driving, lovin' the hunting and fishing with our kids on the weekend types out here that love our wives, more than life itself, would stop a bullet for them or our kids , in a heartbeat, have never raised a hand to our ladyfolk and , guess what, don't care who sleeps with who. Lifes to short to worry about folks who got burned along the way and feel they need to make a statement.
I'm sorry that those things happened to you. You probably didn't deserve it. I never asked for special dispensation for me or anyone else. I only expressed annoyance at people, by definition white males, who complain about being treated badly as members of a group. I don't dislike white males as a group. I have several white male friends. I don't like white men when they act like children, and that is all I said. I was not talking to white men as a group, but rather the individual white men who complain about being mistreated because they are white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 07:24 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
29,949 posts, read 34,553,963 times
Reputation: 35949
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm guessing you are a white heterosexual. Talk to minorities especially Blacks in the deep South especially the ones who have been assaulted by hate groups. Gays have also feared for their safety in these areas and often don't come out for fear of being assaulted. Being Hispanic and having lived in Dallas, I wouldn't stop at certain gas stations or eat in small towns in the rural areas surrounding it.
I'm not Hispanic but as a native of DFW I call BS on this. Dallas is one of the most diverse cities in the US. The Hispanic population is large and easily assimilates into our culture and city. Much of our culture since it's beginnings are Hispanic.

Dallas has one of the largest gay populations in the US and the largest Gay Church in the world.

You are way off base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 07:28 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 5,413,787 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Did you get this from BET or something?

You really need to stop listening to Rev Wright.

Better then spending it on crack or Ludicrous tapes?
Hey racist how's that been working out for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top