U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 11:07 AM

341 posts, read 574,456 times

Advertisements

Although I may not agree with the way that the OP went about making his point, the issue he raises is a valid one. There is an extremely disturbing trend taking hold in America: Underducated-White-Right-Wing-Ethnocentrists who get all of their news from Glen Beck or Sean Hannity and swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Masses of brainwashed voters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y&feature=fvst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 11:10 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,392,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You know what. I wrote at the beginning of this thread.

"fair warning: I going to generalize here"

Are any of you good ole boys on the "black thug culture is destroying the black race" thread decrying the sterotyping over there???

Of course not! You're hypocrites as well!
For one, I ain't black, so that thread ain't any of my business. How can I speak on a subject that I cannot be personally acquainted with?

Old 11-20-2009, 11:12 AM

10,720 posts, read 16,907,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So pretty much, this freedom of speech thing and expressing their political and social viewpoints is destroying the white culture.
No, it's those political and social viewpoints of Rural and Southern whites that are destroying the white culture much like the Thug Culture is destroying the black culture.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:13 AM

39,098 posts, read 23,291,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
No, it's those political and social viewpoints of Rural and Southern whites that are destroying the white culture much like the behavior of thugs and ghetto blacks is destroying the black culture.
Oops, your prejudices are showing!

Old 11-20-2009, 11:17 AM

13,180 posts, read 12,741,656 times
He's telling you like it is. This anti-intellectualism fad on the part of the Right is killing you.

Barry Goldwater and William F Buckley tried to warn you.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
Although I may not agree with the way that the OP went about making his point, the issue he raises is a valid one. There is an extremely disturbing trend taking hold in America: Underducated-White-Right-Wing-Ethnocentrists who get all of their news from Glen Beck or Sean Hannity and swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Masses of brainwashed voters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y&feature=fvst
I agree wholeheartedly with your point and the example you showed. It's a disturbing and destructive trend that is continuing to grow. It's the White version of a thug or street culture.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oops, your prejudices are showing!
How is that prejudice? This is a socioeconomic phenomeonon. The thug and ghetto culture is affecting African Americans and many African Americans will attest to that and admit it. Thug and ghetto is not the same as hip hop culture. Nonetheless, it was a nice attempt at trying to discredit me but proved weak nonetheless. Likewise many whites feel that this ultra right wing White conservative culture is radical and is mostly found in the South and rural areas all over the country

Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 AM

716 posts, read 974,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
No, it's those political and social viewpoints of Rural and Southern whites that are destroying the white culture much like the Thug Culture is destroying the black culture.

“If you took the words ‘white’ and ‘black,’ and you reversed them, you might think David Duke was giving that speech.”

-Bill Clinton

Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 AM

2,791 posts, read 3,565,461 times
The OP is right on. Sad, but true!

Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
“If you took the words ‘white’ and ‘black,’ and you reversed them, you might think David Duke was giving that speech.”

-Bill Clinton
I love the double standard. So you aren't being racist when you criticize African Americans for their socieconomic ills and mindset affilated with the street or thug culture. Yet when the same is applied to Rural and Southern Whites and their similarly destructive views, you claim to be discriminated against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or