U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:58 PM

30 posts, read 143,035 times

Advertisements

What I'm trying to understand is how exactly you pass off listening to some liberal college professor mouth off about his personal views and paying a pretty handsome sum to do it so you can get a fancy piece of paper with your name on it equals you being "educated." And you call us "brainwashed."

I bet this southern white boy has gained a lot more life experience, common sense and wisdom in his 10 years of military service than you did getting your "education."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 12:59 PM

900 posts, read 516,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
[parody title]

Seriously how do you white rural Southern boys think you helping yourselves out? ( I'm a white southern boy myself from a rural town)

[ Fair warning: I'm going to generalize here]

You think it's a bad thing have an advanced education. You mock scientists. You cheer on any War they tell you is needed. You try and legislate morality. You try and push your religion into public schools and court houses. You bad mouth unions that have given this country the "weekend" and "overtime pay".
You're against raising the minimum wage so a man who wants to work can earn a living for his family. You're against healthcare for those less fortunate than yourselves. You actually whine when the rich must pay more of a share in taxes.

I now live in in a wealthy neighborhood and exclusive school district in the South. Do you think it's your type that is running the show here? Hardly.

Asians and Jews and transplants from the Coasts are on the rise here. They respect teachers, they value scientists, they know how important is is to have marketable skills. They don't push their religion on others. The unionized pilots here make very sure their careers and incomes are secure for their families sake. The Asian Doctors send their kids to advanced tutoring while your spending your money on a new "wave runner" or Z71.

You're killing us................You should travel to Europe and see how white boys are supposed to act......hint: They use their brains!
Great post! I think those in the center and on the left got the point you were making. Those on the right did not, which is hardly a surprise.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:00 PM

7,194 posts, read 4,335,499 times
While I do understand that there are many many undereducated rural types. There are also many undereducated urbanites. In fact, the high school dropout rate is much higher in urban areas than rural areas.

I think people who base their opinions of the rural population off clips of the tea party protesters aren't exactly educated themselves. Those clips of those dumb white rural types holding up misspelled signs, and talking about things they seem to know absolutely nothing about. Do you think that doesn't happen on both sides? I saw the same type of video asking why people voted for Obama. It was especially epidemic among inner city blacks, who only voted for Obama because he was also black.

If you are really trying to evaluate if white rural southerners are destroying the white race, there are a few questions you have to ask yourself.

1) What is white culture? Wasn't white culture mostly rural in this country until recently?

2) Is the white rural population getting a quality education? Well, from my experiences, the schools in more white rural areas have been doing far better nationally than almost all inner city schools.

3) Who will last longer in the future, the white rural race or the urban white race? Well the urban whites are not having enough babies to replace themselves, but the rural whites usually have a lot more children. Based off that rate, the urban whites at some point would disappear, replaced by either descendants of rural whites or immigrants.

4) Who has better morals of these two groups? Well rural whites are usually more religious, with a base of Christian god-fearing values. Urban whites are more atheist who tend to become homosexuals in droves(so they aren't having kids), or they never marry while popping out a couple kids with no daddy. Then theres crime rates, drug addiction rates, broken families, prostitution, etc.

While I hate rural areas because they waste huge volumes of energy(gasoline/electricity), the people of rural areas are FAR better IMO than urbanites.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:01 PM

39,078 posts, read 23,203,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I think stereotyping is wrong but I don't think this is a stereotype. I think in both cases, there is enough evidence to classify it beyond a stereotype.
Don't you think every person who believes in prejudicial stereotypes rationalizes the stereotyping with the same type of reasoning?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:01 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,858,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You know what. I wrote at the beginning of this thread.

"fair warning: I going to generalize here"

Are any of you good ole boys on the "black thug culture is destroying the black race" thread decrying the sterotyping over there???

Of course not! You're hypocrites as well!
LOL. Good one.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:03 PM

39,078 posts, read 23,203,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Great post! I think those in the center and on the left got the point you were making. Those on the right did not, which is hardly a surprise.
And you can tell those on the right from those on the left....how?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:04 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,331,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Really, I don't believe banning gay marriages across the country is keeping to yourself. You guys obviously do care what others do and don't mind your own business.
I've never advocated that. Ain't none of my business if they do, so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:06 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,849,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
Although I may not agree with the way that the OP went about making his point, the issue he raises is a valid one. There is an extremely disturbing trend taking hold in America: Underducated-White-Right-Wing-Ethnocentrists who get all of their news from Glen Beck or Sean Hannity and swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Masses of brainwashed voters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y&feature=fvst
In that video I don't think I saw a single non-white person. Not only that, but nearly everyone was older than 40 and unattractive/overweight.

These are simply the pathetic people in America who have terrible lives and they cling to Glenn Beck, Religion and Bigotry to make up for their miserable existences.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:13 PM

17,286 posts, read 25,002,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz

4) Who has better morals of these two groups? Well rural whites are usually more religious, with a base of Christian god-fearing values. Urban whites are more atheist who tend to become homosexuals in droves(so they aren't having kids), or they never marry while popping out a couple kids with no daddy. Then theres crime rates, drug addiction rates, broken families, prostitution, etc.

OMG!

"Urban whites are more atheist who tend to become homosexuals in droves?"

LOLOLOLOLOL!

Please tell me this isn't supposed to pass as well thought out analysis? Gays from the rural areas flock to cities because they are accepted and not persecuted by small town mindsets. There is nothing about living in a city that makes one more likely to grow up gay!

God, ignorance is an epidemic around here!

Old 11-20-2009, 01:17 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,849,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robe81 View Post
What I'm trying to understand is how exactly you pass off listening to some liberal college professor mouth off about his personal views and paying a pretty handsome sum to do it so you can get a fancy piece of paper with your name on it equals you being "educated." And you call us "brainwashed."

I bet this southern white boy has gained a lot more life experience, common sense and wisdom in his 10 years of military service than you did getting your "education."

No. Military service doesn't teach you anything other than to blindly follow orders. I know because I was an Officer in the Navy.

Clearly you've never been to college and have no educated friends. Colleges are not simply "liberal professors mouthing off about their personal views". I learned about every major political philosophy, became fluent in spanish, studied advanced evolutionary biology, learned about Brazilian, French, Mexican and German history, took advanced writing classes, Calculus, etc.

Plus, one can go to college and serve in the military...I did and most of my friends did too.

You just proved the original post right...which is sad because it was done as a tongue-in-cheek parody of the bigotry displayed on these threads towards Blacks, Hispanics and Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or