Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 07:12 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times

Advertisements

If you are black and blaming society for your hardships in this day and age, you only serve to fit the stereotype racists place against you perfectly.

Yes, racism exists, I am sure many blacks have experienced it at different levels, but "surprise" so have all other races, including whites "opps, did that put a cog in your wheel?"

Point is, while this happens, while it is an occurence that will continue to happen regardless of time or place, it is in NO WAY a "standard" or socialized acceptance. Those that think so? Well, they are so stupid that they spend all their time blaming others that they waste the opportunities they have.

You may not like it, but this is a fact. So... in the politest manner, shut your stupid trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 07:24 PM

900 posts, read 673,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
If you are black and blaming society for your hardships in this day and age, you only serve to fit the stereotype racists place against you perfectly.

Yes, racism exists, I am sure many blacks have experienced it at different levels, but "surprise" so have all other races, including whites "opps, did that put a cog in your wheel?"

Point is, while this happens, while it is an occurence that will continue to happen regardless of time or place, it is in NO WAY a "standard" or socialized acceptance. Those that think so? Well, they are so stupid that they spend all their time blaming others that they waste the opportunities they have.

You may not like it, but this is a fact. So... in the politest manner, shut your stupid trap.

Nobody in their right mind would equate racism against whites with the 300 years of racism and oppression faced by blacks.

Nobody.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post

I agree with you on many points, but have whites experienced systemic racism in the US? Probably not.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robe81 View Post
Couldnt quite hack it? When did I say I had gotten out?

Officers make management decisions. NCO's make leadership decisions. And since when do officers not take orders? Officers get the crap dumped on them by the guy ahead of them too...just like the rest of us.

I never put down education. I put down liberal professors that use the kids they educate to spread their personal opinions. I stated that life experience is just as valuable as education. I would think 1/2 the posters on this forum prove that point. Just because you are "educated" doesnt mean you have common sense.

And since you fail at simple reading comprehension as proven by your post, I am done talking to you.
And I will miss you. And the next time you're looking for leadership, ask the guy peeling the potatoes. I'm sure he'll provide it.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
[parody title]

Seriously how do you white rural Southern boys think you helping yourselves out? ( I'm a white southern boy myself from a rural town)

[ Fair warning: I'm going to generalize here]

You think it's a bad thing have an advanced education. You mock scientists. You cheer on any War they tell you is needed. You try and legislate morality. You try and push your religion into public schools and court houses. You bad mouth unions that have given this country the "weekend" and "overtime pay".
You're against raising the minimum wage so a man who wants to work can earn a living for his family. You're against healthcare for those less fortunate than yourselves. You actually whine when the rich must pay more of a share in taxes.

I now live in in a wealthy neighborhood and exclusive school district in the South. Do you think it's your type that is running the show here? Hardly.

Asians and Jews and transplants from the Coasts are on the rise here. They respect teachers, they value scientists, they know how important is is to have marketable skills. They don't push their religion on others. The unionized pilots here make very sure their careers and incomes are secure for their families sake. The Asian Doctors send their kids to advanced tutoring while your spending your money on a new "wave runner" or Z71.

You're killing us................You should travel to Europe and see how white boys are supposed to act......hint: They use their brains!
this was a good post. i find no fault in it at all.
however i might add--- american labor is anti labor--- the south has no monopoly on many of the shortcomings you listed.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This is a problem that plagues Whites. You can already see the responses on this thread. People don't value a college education. Rural and Southern areas have difficulty recruiting educated professionals because of the perceived social ills of those areas. The radical right wing beliefs regarding ethnic groups breeds violence and encourages the formation of hate groups. Many companies and industry avoid establishing themselves in those areas with the exception of a few cities in Texas and Atlanta. Although I will admit there has been increased growth in this area, it still pales in comparison to the coasts and the upper midwest. This culture and mindset does nothing to benefit its areas. It is very much destructive to Whites as the gangster culture is to African Americans. I feel that many blacks and whites who are raised in that culture struggle to escape it to better themselves and improve their communities.
Not only do they not value education, they actually distrust people who are educated. To be knowedgable is to be suspect. It's one of the endearing qualities of the dumb.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:32 PM

30 posts, read 161,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You stated you're working on your Bachelor's and that your wife is working on her Master's. I told you I read your posts.

Out of curiosity, what is your AFSC?
So only formal college counts as "education"???

I'm of the 1N AFSC's. Really cant go any further than that.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:01 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Why is it that some that consider themselves as having evolved beyond bigotry are blind to their own or think their bigotry is okay?

Excellent.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:01 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Not only do they not value education, they actually distrust people who are educated. To be knowledgeable is to be suspect. It's one of the endearing qualities of the dumb.
There are a lot of very good colleges here in the south cranking out a lot of good old southern boys with higher education. A lot of lawyers, doctors, engineers, professors, writers etc have come out of the south. Everyone in my immediate family has a degree and all my sons have Masters, we value our education.

Not sure why people outside the south believes we are all a bunch of uneducated rednecks but you guys are totally wrong.

Some of the best colleges and brain power in the US is in the South.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:06 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
I think the biggest issue people have with the south is that they feel a lot of the populous is not open minded. They're set in their ways and are not open to new experiences, cultures, and the like. They want things to be as they were back in "the good 'ol days" and no amount of persuasion will sway them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies