Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 08:27 PM

871 posts, read 1,627,357 times

Advertisements

not surprising, ghetto black or thug culture probably originated in the south though it has pretty much spread. blacks learned or adopted this behavior or mindset from bigoted, sometimes violent but aggressive, haughty, self-entitled racist whites. now the thug culture is negative, not necessarily ghetto though. though it can be intertwined as well.

title: Author shows same roots for white trash and ghetto trash
The Cornell Review | When the Cracker Becomes Blacker (http://www.cornellamerican.com/article.php?id=127&page=view - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 08:30 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
[parody title]

Seriously how do you white rural Southern boys think you helping yourselves out? ( I'm a white southern boy myself from a rural town)

[ Fair warning: I'm going to generalize here]

You think it's a bad thing have an advanced education. You mock scientists. You cheer on any War they tell you is needed. You try and legislate morality. You try and push your religion into public schools and court houses. You bad mouth unions that have given this country the "weekend" and "overtime pay".
You're against raising the minimum wage so a man who wants to work can earn a living for his family. You're against healthcare for those less fortunate than yourselves. You actually whine when the rich must pay more of a share in taxes.

I now live in in a wealthy neighborhood and exclusive school district in the South. Do you think it's your type that is running the show here? Hardly.

Asians and Jews and transplants from the Coasts are on the rise here. They respect teachers, they value scientists, they know how important is is to have marketable skills. They don't push their religion on others. The unionized pilots here make very sure their careers and incomes are secure for their families sake. The Asian Doctors send their kids to advanced tutoring while your spending your money on a new "wave runner" or Z71.

You're killing us................You should travel to Europe and see how white boys are supposed to act......hint: They use their brains!

Reading the OPs post its obvious its BS.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:48 PM

844 posts, read 1,278,267 times
Quote:
[parody title]

Seriously how do you white rural Southern boys think you helping yourselves out? ( I'm a white southern boy myself from a rural town)

[ Fair warning: I'm going to generalize here]

You think it's a bad thing have an advanced education. You mock scientists. You cheer on any War they tell you is needed. You try and legislate morality. You try and push your religion into public schools and court houses. You bad mouth unions that have given this country the "weekend" and "overtime pay".
You're against raising the minimum wage so a man who wants to work can earn a living for his family. You're against healthcare for those less fortunate than yourselves. You actually whine when the rich must pay more of a share in taxes.

I now live in in a wealthy neighborhood and exclusive school district in the South. Do you think it's your type that is running the show here? Hardly.

Asians and Jews and transplants from the Coasts are on the rise here. They respect teachers, they value scientists, they know how important is is to have marketable skills. They don't push their religion on others. The unionized pilots here make very sure their careers and incomes are secure for their families sake. The Asian Doctors send their kids to advanced tutoring while your spending your money on a new "wave runner" or Z71.

You're killing us................You should travel to Europe and see how white boys are supposed to act......hint: They use their brains!

OK, I get that this is a joke, but a lot of what you mentioned fits.

The issue is its not all or even most whites, nor is it just rural whites. Its the Fringe Far Right wingers and the uneducated under class (not necessarily poor, just uneducated).

Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,260,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Reading the OPs post its obvious its BS.
It's not a joke. I pm'd the OP. He was being sincere but he realizes he is generalizing. I won't reveal where he is from out of confidentiality but he was not making any of this up.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
OK, I get that this is a joke, but a lot of what you mentioned fits.

The issue is its not all or even most whites, nor is it just rural whites. Its the Fringe Far Right wingers and the uneducated under class (not necessarily poor, just uneducated).
The OP wasn't saying it was most whites. He was referring to White far right wing people in rural areas and the South.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 11-20-2009 at 11:00 PM..

Old 11-20-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Not only do they not value education, they actually distrust people who are educated. To be knowedgable is to be suspect. It's one of the endearing qualities of the dumb.
I've seen this as a physician too. The patients who are the most distrusting of doctors and believe in all the b.s. conspiracy theories about vaccines and the pharmaceutical industry mostly come from this same class of people the OP is referring to. They are very distrustful of science and modern medicine.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I think the biggest issue people have with the south is that they feel a lot of the populous is not open minded. They're set in their ways and are not open to new experiences, cultures, and the like. They want things to be as they were back in "the good 'ol days" and no amount of persuasion will sway them.
What I fail to understand about people from this culture (Southern and Rural whites) is they act intolerant and are not open-minded yet they don't want to be labeled as such.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:19 AM

558 posts, read 817,380 times
These behaviors aren't limited to--or even more prevalent in--the south. Ignorant people everywhere are as you describe. Left, right, black or white doesn't matter....

Old 11-21-2009, 01:21 AM

1,179 posts, read 973,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Did you get this from BET or something?

You really need to stop listening to Rev Wright.

Better then spending it on crack or Ludicrous tapes?
Didn't you read the part about "using your brain"?

Old 11-21-2009, 01:27 AM

558 posts, read 817,380 times
Quote:
[parody title]

You bad mouth unions that have given this country the "weekend" and "overtime pay".
You're against raising the minimum wage so a man who wants to work can earn a living for his family. You're against healthcare for those less fortunate than yourselves.
Yes, let us remember always that right to work states do not have weekends or overtime pay; that minimum wage hikes have no effect on the costs of goods and services; and that good fortune, luck and crystal balls are what determine success or failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies