Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 12:59 AM

1,179 posts, read 975,501 times

Advertisements

Fox News Runs Old Palin Campaign Footage, Reports It As Book-Signing Crowds

Fox News Runs Old Palin Campaign Footage, Reports It As Book-Signing Crowds [UPDATE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 01:51 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post

Fox News Runs Old Palin Campaign Footage, Reports It As Book-Signing Crowds [UPDATE]
How many apologies have we gotten from "other" network "news"?

Old 11-22-2009, 07:23 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
How many apologies have we gotten from "other" network "news"?
I regularly hear anchors and hosts on other networks apologize when an error is made. Perhaps if you watched other networks......

On the other hand, you have to wonder why Fox News ran unrelated videos implying much larger crowds for two different conservative events within about a week's time. Honest error or attempt to deceive?

Old 11-22-2009, 07:36 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Lol... unbelievable. Understanding and compassionate for one or another of the stations you watch but suspicious of one you don't watch. You folks are better than the Sunday funnies.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
You cannot let Sarah Palin get to you like that.
Sounds like she is your worst nightmare.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:51 AM

51 posts, read 153,692 times
Wow, so much hatred of her here! I guess our country is going to hell quickly. Nobody cares about values and morals anymore. We al want something for "free". I do not agree with all the republicans have done or all that Bush did. Obama promised to be transparent, eliminate pork..to go through each item line by line, and not raise taxes on the middle class. He will raise taxes directly on the middle class with this health insurance bill, raise taxes with cap and trade, raise taxes to pay for the stimulus package. he did keep ONE promise...to redistribute wealth. He is not only doing that one he is expanding on it. Not only is he taking the wealth from the rich to the poor...he is taking it all from the private sector and putting it all in the government's pocket. Where does he plan on getting money from when there is no private sector? The Chinese? They even told him he needed to think about what he was doing. China owns us and nobody is complaining??? Yet all the democrats can do is complain about Sarah Palin. I think we do need change and I do not know how it will come or IF it will come. Congress is corrupt. Bailout money is being used to bribe senators. Congress votes itself huge pay raises and the best health care available. yet, they have no problem forcing us at gun-point or jail to buy health insurance they mandate. WE SHOULD FORCE THEM OUT! This whole system of government is corrupt and needs reform. The tax system is bought and paid for, the insurance system is bought and paid for, the government is bought and paid for. What can Sarah do? She can point out all of this to those who will listen. What can WE do?

Old 11-22-2009, 08:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh Gawwwwd. As a general rule, the far left gets into the name calling stuff when any figure, that leans right, and gains popularity, emerges and energizes the base.
Bambam
Bammers
Nobama
Giggles
President Pantywaist
Lying African
"Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing its idiot"
hussein

Those are just a few seen on CD I can think of off the top of my head.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:49 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Lol... unbelievable. Understanding and compassionate for one or another of the stations you watch but suspicious of one you don't watch. You folks are better than the Sunday funnies.
Speaking of Sunday funnies; My sons and I occasionally tune in Fox News to play a game we call, "what is misleading about this?" We have a great time and lots of laughs! What is also interesting is that any time that we randomly choose to do this, we always find discrepancies, distortion of truth, blatant lies, or "inadvertent" mistakes that seem to support their agenda at the time.

Great game! Playing this has also has helped my teenage sons to become proficient in civics and to think critically.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:50 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post

The second video down on that link is priceless when the reporter tells the young woman wearing the anti-bailout shirt that Palin actually supported the bailout. Deer in headlights comes to mind.

Reminds me of the segment of Obama's supporters who mindlessly supported him without having a clue what he stood for. Unfortunately, that was a major talking point of the conservative attack against Obama and now they are just as naive about their own rock star.

Sad the hypocrisy of politics.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:06 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Spin it any way you want. All networks make factual mistakes from time to time. Putting old video up to cover a current story twice so close together? That's not a factual mistake, that's a production issue at best, deliberate attempt to mislead at worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies