U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 05:05 PM

11,145 posts, read 13,533,749 times

Advertisements

Sanrene - since you keep posting thread after thread about Miley Cyr... I mean Sarah Palin, are you aware of the lengths the McCain camp went to to keep her from speaking and remain just a symbol?

They realized before we did that she was in over her head. There's no media spin necessary. She has to respond to anyone who says anything bad about her, had really thin political skin, and had no working knowledge of international politics.

Seriously, if you think her to be qualified to guide the world, and you already saw what 8 years of your Bush vote got us, then how are we to take you seriously when you bash Obama all the time? Your credibility for judging quality leadership is in serious question with this Palin obsession.

Oh well. Your life. Let's just hope she can make it through the book tour without quitting or verbally attacking a 17 year old in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 05:06 PM

4,059 posts, read 3,772,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Are you familiar with the distances traveled by these wolves and the packs?

Are you familiar with their attacking near towns and villages?

Have you PERSONALLY visiting Alaska and some of these areas that are affected?

You are right though - Alaska is NOT like Nevada or Arizona
I've been in all three states but Alaska is the only one of those states I actually lived in. I know what I'm talking about.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:07 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I've been in all three states but Alaska is the only one of those states I actually lived in. I know what I'm talking about.
Then, you know these hunts are necessary - for a lot of reasons.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:07 PM

15,385 posts, read 8,684,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Anyone who has ever served on a school board, city council, county board, etc. recognizes Sara Palin. There is a Sara Palin on every local board or council. They are the ones who are enthusiastic, charming, and never, ever read the packets of information that they need to make good decisions. They are the ones that are pretty good at talking off the top of their head as long as they aren't asked for any actual facts and figures. They are the ones that speak without thinking of the ramifications of what they are saying and end up making themselves and the board look foolish. They are the ones that are good at reving up the crowd but never follow through and actually accomplish anything. And, very, very often they are the ones that either quit mid-term or don't run for a second term once they find out that actually serving on the board iisn't just people recognizing you and clapping for you but is a lot of hard work, boring reading, long, long meetings, and dealing with the minutia of government. I've known several Saras. And I cringe if I have to serve with one even on a church committee because I know they will be the one to stir up all the trouble while the rest will have to put out the fires and do the actual work.
Did you actually work with Palin? So you know her "type" for a fact?

I think I've served with your "type" - the one that thinks they're the only one that does EVERYTHING.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:08 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,292,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Funny, I always thought that part of hunting was having respect for nature and the animals that you kill. Don't see much of that either in aerial hunting or many of the comments on this thread.
Yes, respect for nature, the food chain, and the natural cycle of life and death are what generally motivates the hunters I know. I'd settle for respect for other people and their beliefs on these boards, but I won't hold my breath. Maybe somebody will prove me wrong.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:10 PM

15,385 posts, read 8,684,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
She should have taken the time to sign the other books. It's not the store's fault that Palin is a Diva. That doesn't bode well for Palin being "one of common folk." Shes a bitter egomaniac with a gaudy tour bus. Didi you see that thing
Next time you're really busy at work, you should just work the hours. No matter that you weren't scheduled, or had plans. After all, it's not your boss' fault that you're a Diva.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:19 PM

4,059 posts, read 3,772,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Then, you know these hunts are necessary - for a lot of reasons.
They are only necessary for hunting tourism. And that's not good enough.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:22 PM

33,316 posts, read 14,548,317 times
Quote:
But those were real politicians who actually did something.

BTW, Palin didn't write a book, the ghostwriter did.
Really? And what did Hillary do before her ghostwriter wrote her book. And what did Obama's do before writing his 2 books?

Maybe you should do a little research and find out her accomplishments, then even you can be informed.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:26 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
They are only necessary for hunting tourism. And that's not good enough.
The hunts are far more than that -

Keeping the predator herds down is absolutely necessary.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:26 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,607,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The National Enquirer has a large amount of readers too !!!

And look how many people watch The Jerry Springer show !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies