U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 06:44 PM

27,903 posts, read 33,552,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
wonder how many sarah palin books were sent back today ...

Probably no more than that of Obama's memoirs that were sold on ebay for profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 06:46 PM

153 posts, read 203,594 times
I saw her today in Washington, PA. I stood in line from 4:30 a.m. to see her in the cold Nov. weather. Before that, I slept in the Wal-Mart parking lot in a cramped Neon. It was well worth it. I stood in line with a lot of awesome people who it was my pleasure to get to know. We all have different opinions on the current administration, but it is agreed, America as we know it is being destroyed, and Sarah is the divining rod that is getting us back on track. Presidential material in 2012? Probably not - yet. But, we all love Sarah. She is more beautiful in person than she is on TV, that is because she is beautiful inside. There is just a glow about her. You cannot tell it unless you see it up close. I read her book , cover to cover over the long night. All the rumors about her are LIES. You can tell that she is not fake. By the way, little Trig was there too. I was in line, and did not see Sarah with him, but my husband did. She loves him deeply, he could tell.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:52 PM
LML

7,109 posts, read 7,943,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogemania View Post
I saw her today in Washington, PA. I stood in line from 4:30 a.m. to see her in the cold Nov. weather. Before that, I slept in the Wal-Mart parking lot in a cramped Neon. It was well worth it. I stood in line with a lot of awesome people who it was my pleasure to get to know. We all have different opinions on the current administration, but it is agreed, America as we know it is being destroyed, and Sarah is the divining rod that is getting us back on track. Presidential material in 2012? Probably not - yet. But, we all love Sarah. She is more beautiful in person than she is on TV, that is because she is beautiful inside. There is just a glow about her. You cannot tell it unless you see it up close. I read her book , cover to cover over the long night. All the rumors about her are LIES. You can tell that she is not fake. By the way, little Trig was there too. I was in line, and did not see Sarah with him, but my husband did. She loves him deeply, he could tell.
For all the world this reminds me of Beatle fans from back in the day. "I saw Paul. I actually saw him. You could just tell how much he loves his fans. You could tell just by seeing him in person what a genuine, good person he is. You could just feel the love coming off of him. He is even cuter in person than he is in pictures. If you haven't seen him in person you just don't understand the glow he gives off. etc. etc." Gee, maybe we should just have an American Idol contest and let people choose their president by who performs the best on stage.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:54 PM

27,903 posts, read 33,552,393 times
That was the 2008 elections... Only he promised glamor and gold. Some took that as free gas and car payments.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:56 PM

17,698 posts, read 34,943,574 times
i think it's funny how they have to point out how deeply she loves Trig ... really???? No sh$$ ... really ... loves him deeply ... well golly gee, you'd think she's his mama or something ... or maybe since he's special needs, only special needs babies can be deeply loved by their mothers. Give me a break. I adore my sister, not because she has special needs (she really does), but because she's my sister ...

ugh ... I thought the poster was making it up ...

Old 11-21-2009, 06:57 PM

16,482 posts, read 9,357,641 times
Sarah left Alaska standing in the cold so she could write a book and leave the would-be buyers standing in the cold.

Sounds to me like she's more committment shy than Warren Beatty and George Clooney put together.

Whatever happened to Mama's advice to "Finish what you start"?

Old 11-21-2009, 06:57 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,623,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Here's a fun game: insert the words "Miley Cyrus" in every time Sanrene wrote "Sarah Palin". Eerie how accurate the parallels are to an empty teen pop star and someone trying, in vein, to be taken seriously on an international political platform.

They're going to have to make more room on Rushmore for all these tabloid stars.
Yeah, like how obama and his thugs are trying to ignore her.

For someone so irrelevant, the Left, the media and obama sure do get their panties in a knot.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:58 PM

4,059 posts, read 3,786,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You left out quite a bit of that assessment from wiki.
No, it was just off the top of my head...except for the right name of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. Had to look that up.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:59 PM

153 posts, read 203,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Anger, disappointment after Palin stiffs fans at Indiana book signing - Daily Kos TV (beta)

As both Kevin K. and Dave Weigel noted earlier today, Sarah Palin angered and disappointed fans in Noblesville, Indiana yesterday when she abruptly left a book signing promotion even though there were many fans still waiting in line to receive her signature on their newly purchased copies of Going Rogue.

Was it past the time allotment? It was 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and the line was going pretty fast in Washington, PA, and we were told they were only going to band the first 1,000 to be assured of getting in. There were many many times more than that showed up later. I was one of the lucky ones (I camped there all night). I met someone in the parking lot who missed the boat. He offered me $100.00 for my autographed copy (this is the truth, my husband and daughter were witnesses), because he wanted it so badly. I declined. My husband teased me about the shopping I could have done, but I did not care. I waited in the freezing cold and I will not part with it. I will treasure it forever. You cannot blame Sarah if more people showed up than expected, and she was only allotted so much time. At least she was gracious to apologize. Would B.O. have done as much? By the way, she is more beautiful than imaginable. TV does not do her justice. She is petite and delicate, with porcelain features. Why are the liberals so afraid of her?

Old 11-21-2009, 07:02 PM

3,513 posts, read 3,128,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, like how obama and his thugs are trying to ignore her.

For someone so irrelevant, the Left, the media and obama sure do get their panties in a knot.
its easy and fun to degrade her. i dont degrade her because of being conservative, hell i agree with more conservative thoughts then liberals, i degrade her because she constantly makes an effort to say stupid things.

does not mean i am afraid of her, how one comes to that logic is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies