U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 07:22 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,555,081 times

Advertisements

I'm waiting for the biography.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 07:24 PM

29,669 posts, read 32,150,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogemania View Post
I've seen her in person. I stood in the freezing cold for 7 hours to do so, and I would again. She is drop dead gorgeous outside, and is beautiful inside. Her smile was like sunshine, even after the 200th book signing. My husband saw her enter the building with Trig. He could tell how incredibly Sarah loves that child, we both would too, because WE have a disabled child. I've read her book. She is intelligent, believe me. She's had a child die in utero. So have we. That makes TWO things I have in common with Sarah. That explains her ideas on pro-life and it makes us sisters. Have you read her book before you made your judgments?

She put herself through college gutting fish. Cutting roe out of salmon.

Barack Obama is gutting the country.

Need I say more?
I hope you don't because nothing you said makes any sense. By your view I should LOVE her, yet I don't. I don't hate her. I don't KNOW HER and either do you. You don't know someone by a smile or a shared experience . I know women like her, some are my friends and some aren't. I know women who are BETTER than her in probably every way. Yet I still don't feel they should run a country or be famous for being famous. I never did care for that sort of celebrity fawing...and that is what you are doing.

It's OK to like someone but to put the spin on it you did to justify WHY is just kind of weird. Like those people who believe celebrities share a bond with them. They don't call it FANatic for nothing.

And people thought Obama mania was bad.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:25 PM

15,194 posts, read 17,784,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Are you seriously calling Sarah Palin "beautiful" & "intelligent" & "accomplished"....what has she accomplished? Since when is quitting HER OFFICE AS GOVERNOR an accomplishment?
I think you answered your own question.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:26 PM

17,425 posts, read 18,399,343 times
Quote:
I've seen her in person. I stood in the freezing cold for 7 hours to do so, and I would again. She is drop dead gorgeous outside, and is beautiful inside. Her smile was like sunshine, even after the 200th book signing. My husband saw her enter the building with Trig. He could tell how incredibly Sarah loves that child, we both would too, because WE have a disabled child. I've read her book. She is intelligent, believe me. She's had a child die in utero. So have we. That makes TWO things I have in common with Sarah. That explains her ideas on pro-life and it makes us sisters. Have you read her book before you made your judgments?

She put herself through college gutting fish. Cutting roe out of salmon.

Barack Obama is gutting the country.

Need I say more?
I'm glad that you find your kindred spirit in Sarah Palin....more power to you.

But the fact still remains that she is a woman of average intelligence and average looks (no offense). Also, the fact that she quit as Governor of Alaska to pimp a ghostwritten book slamming the people who put her on the map (McCain's campaign staff) - not my idea of a great American.

She was one of the main reasons that McCain lost the election yet she does not have the courage to admit to her role in the defeat.

You can keep praying to the "Virgin Mary" Sarah Palin all you like but a woman who was not able to successfully run her own household and couldn't take the pressure of completing her term in office as governor should not be running our country. She already proved what she is about, no need to see any more of her antics.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:01 PM

13,353 posts, read 11,006,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
There are no farms or ranches in the areas where the wolf-kills are being conducted. Yes, wolves kill caribou and moose, among other animals, but that's the way nature is.

Once again, Alaska ain't Nevada or Arizona.
Alaska ain't NV or AZ? Nooooo! Ya don't say?! What that has to do with anything is quite beyond me. It's not just ranching that is effected by predator overpopulation, though that is how it effects me. Alaskas reasons for controlling wolves are their own, and it ain't none of anyones business but theirs. If they feel they need to thin out some wolves, then they should be able to do so, by whatever means they feel proper. They are the people that have to deal with whatever problems they are causing. The ones yowling the loudest about not liking how they handle wolves are the ones who know the least about why they need to.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:12 PM

4,059 posts, read 3,790,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Alaska ain't NV or AZ? Nooooo! Ya don't say?! What that has to do with anything is quite beyond me. It's not just ranching that is effected by predator overpopulation, though that is how it effects me. Alaskas reasons for controlling wolves are their own, and it ain't none of anyones business but theirs. If they feel they need to thin out some wolves, then they should be able to do so, by whatever means they feel proper. They are the people that have to deal with whatever problems they are causing. The ones yowling the loudest about not liking how they handle wolves are the ones who know the least about why they need to.
Perhaps you also should read the link I provided:
Quote:
Alaska has a long history of bounties and hunting-much of it controversial. Aerial wolf hunting began in 1948. [MOD CUT/copyright] .
Wolf in Governor’s Clothing… « SHANNYN MOORE: JUST A GIRL FROM HOMER

You can count me as one of the majority of Alaskans who didn't like the wolf hunts.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-21-2009 at 08:38 PM..

Old 11-21-2009, 08:12 PM

153 posts, read 203,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Why are you so fond of her?

She is one of us. And she does not bow down to anyone, nor does she apologize for the U.S.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:28 PM

85,164 posts, read 99,388,478 times
Quote:
She is one of us. And she does not bow down to anyone, nor does she apologize for the U.S.
What does "one of us" actually mean? Why does she try to be so divisive, us vs them? Who is "them"?

Old 11-21-2009, 08:29 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,662,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
LOL, probably all Democrats. Who cares if their books are signed. They just bought them to read the gossip. Thanks for the money though. You go Sarah!!!!! I agree with her.
I wouldn't put it past a bunch of PDS liberals to attend one of her book signings so they could boo her in front of the massive media that is following her every move.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:29 PM

17,425 posts, read 18,399,343 times
Quote:
The zombie masses of trailer park residents have united in their devotion to Sarah "The Virgin Mary" Palin

With all of the shotin' and shuckin' and jivin' and a bashin' that's she's been doin' there's no stoppin' Sarah "The Blessed Virgin" Palin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies